#1 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hi! I'm a big fan of all things Nintendo, and after many months trying to make IGN my home it was impossible because of all the hate people with different tastes receive for no reason at all except for the fact that they own a console that others don't. So looking for a safe place where I could rationally discuss things about my favorite gaming company I arrived here at the Wii U forums.

From the moment I set eyes on the unveiling of the Wii U, even though so many people were skeptical (and still are), I knew it was going to be the cause of excitement for so many people, simply because of the possibilities it brings to the table. Definitely one of the consoles I have been most excited about in my life.

I'm sorry if I often make mistakes while writing, but being from another country my main language is spanish and I wont get mad if you point the mistakes I make, since that's one of the ways I can improve it. My first console was a N64 and my favorite game of all time is WInd Waker, followed by Fallout 3(don't know why I became so addicted to this game).

There are many things more I wish to say but since this is just my introduction, I'm happy to be welcomed to these forums.

Posted Image

Edited by MachineLaw, 29 October 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yes! Another Wind Waker fan!. I'm Andy, the forums Biggest Zelda fanboy(with Wind Waker tied with Ocarina of Time and Minish Cap as my favorites), and one of the guides here. Guides are here to help new members adjust to the forum, and answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions at, feel free to ask. We're all very nice, and will be more than happy to anwer any questions you have. If you have any problems with a guide, or a post in introduction central, contact the lead guide Brian6330. He'll be more than happy to set a rouge guide strait. If you encounter any difficulties with any of the other sections of the site, speak with our admin Feld0 or our mod AMAC. They're both nice, down to earth guys, who love to help out members who need assistance.
If you have yet to read the forum rules, you can find them here http://thewiiu.com/f...ms-ruleset-152/

I don't blame you for leaving IGN. Sites like that are full of so many hatters and trolls, it's not even funny. Here at the Wii U forums, we take pride in keeping the site troll free. If you ever see someone leave a post that you think is trolling, or breaks any of the sites rules, please click the report button on the bottom right corner of the post so Feld0 or AMAC can deal with it as soon as possible.

So, what games are you looking forward to? Personally, I can't wait for Skyward Sword(pre-ordered since 2009), Kid Icarus Uprising, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Monster Hunter 4, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Sonic Generations(both 3DS and PS3), Sly 4, Kirby Returns to Dream Land, the inevitable Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D.

Edited by Andy, 29 October 2011 - 11:50 AM.

Posted Image

#3 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Definitely looking forward to Skyward Sword, already pre-ordered the bundle with the limited remote plus. Recently I experienced Kingdom Hearts for the first time with Birth by Sleep, and it instantly became one of my favorite franchises, although before playing it I though it wasn't as good as people said.

So now the games I am looking forward to the most for 3DS are obviously Kingdom Hearts 3D, Pokemon "Gray" or "Chrome", Luigis Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, ES Skyrim, Super Smash Bros. 4, GTA V(Recently Announced), Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Tennis(if it is developed by Camelot) and many more!

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hello new memeber. I am glad Andy gave you all the info you need. I don't bother with IGN forums because of the very reason. May I ask how you find this site?
Also I am excited about the games both you and Andy want, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 ( I loved the first one as it was my first Final Fantasy). The members here discuss in a nice member, and the admin Feld0 and Mod AMAC can permanently ban members. It has happen with my time here at least twice and does people were spamming the Chat and the forums. Well enjoy your stay here. When we get the Wii U lets play with each other, someday.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Wii U Day 1! :laugh: I constantly go to the 3DSblog for the news, from there I went to Wii U blog and there I found these forums, but I still don't know what took me so much lol.

In my opinion all numbered final fantasy games are good, I started playing the DS remake of IV and I loved it, its just that some people don't like the changes that the series do on the new games. I think its because they liked VII, for example, and then they played XIII expecting the same.

Well, glad to meet you!

#6 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Yeah IGN Blows hard. I Hate that craptastic hypocritical flamebait hate machine for the unwashed Nintendo bashers.

But on a lighter note. WELCOME! there is only love on this site, It's just solely directed at Nintendo most of the time, but from what I've seen nobody harbors hate towards the competition (Because what's the point?) Hope you enjoy your stay. Just stick to the rules and if you have any trouble you can contact a guide or Feldo and AMAC.

I can never think of any good questions to ask people at the end of a welcome so I'll just leave it at that. See ya around the forums.
Posted Image

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Your main language is Spanish? Good for me.

Bienvenido! Soy Waller, el hispano hablante de este foro.
La comunidad de IGN es horrible, así que nunca me preocupe en registrarme. Esta es una excelente comunidad, muy amistosa y con un excelente administrador, estoy seguro que disfrutaras de tu estadía aqui.

No tienes que preocuparte por tu Inglés, probablemente es mejor que el mio, y nadie tiene problemas entendiendome a mi.

Wind Waker! Mi Zelda preferido! (Aunque no he jugado Twilight Princess) Fallout 3 nunca lo he jugado, nunca me intereso en realidad.

No tienes por que restringirte en el tamaño de tu introducción, mucha gente prefiere introducciones largas.

Bueno, como usualmente lo hago, terminare mi post haciendote algunas preguntas.

Cual es tu genero de juego preferido? El mio son los RPG
Que piensas del sitio hasta ahora?
Tocas algun instrumento musical?

Creo que lo dejare ahi.

Bueno, espero verte alrededor!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Si, Waller definitivamente este sitio me esta gustando cada vez mas y mas. Mi genero favorito de videojuegos son los RPG al igual que los de aventura como Zelda. Hay muchos de estrategia como Advance Wars, Fire Emblem y Pikmin que tambien me gusta jugar y aunque ahora no hay tantos juegos de plataforma como habia antes sigue siendo uno de los generos que mas juego.

En general mis gustos son muy variados y si el juego es bueno, es seguro que lo disfrutare. En cuanto a los de instrumentos musicales estuve recibiendo clases de guitarra unos meses pero por cuestiones de tiempo no pude seguir asistiendo. Se que no me preguntaste sobre deportes pero me encanta el futbol y la natacion.

Te agradezco mucho tu calida bienvenida!
And I hope no one feels offended or isolated by this post in spanish.

Edited by MachineLaw, 29 October 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#9 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

On a not so Spanish note, hello! Welcome to the forums, friend. I'm not really a guide, but, there's no harm in saying hello. I'm sure the others have already pointed out the rules and everything, so just try and get familiar with them... Not too different from other sites, just standard board rules and everything.

Any games you looking forward to?

#10 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Welcome to the forum!
I'm still so glad that I never made an account on IGN :D

Don't worry about your grammar; no one here will penalize you for it.

So where'd you get your avatar from?
Btw. kewl name ^_^

I live in a country where you have to learn Spanish as a subject, but I barely pass it.

Anyways:
"(Don't have inverted exclamation point! Holá! Me llamo Brian. Emmm... thewiiu.com es un muy bien communidad y tengo muy, muy "members". Mi es un fan (is this spanish?) del Kingdom Hearts, Minecraft, y muy mas video juegos. Mí spanish es bien o horríble?"

Anyways, that covers it up for my Spnaish skills.

Have a look at the Newcomer's guide.

That's about it.

Go have fun, post lots, and don't forget... go have fun :D

Regards from a not really Spanish speaking member ;)

Edited by Brian6330, 29 October 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#11 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thanks to you both!

Don't worry Brian your Spanish is understandable, and btw, I also love Kingdom Hearts

#12 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hi,Welcome to the Wii U Forums. I love Zelda games but Majora's Mask was my favorite because it gave alot innovation to the series. Majora's Mask would of probaly got praised better if it didn't have that darn time system. But my favorite nintendo franchise is Mother/Eartbound If you can see. If you have any problems ask the guides.
Posted Image

#13 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hi PK-Love!

That's a beautiful signature you got there!

Yeah I know Majora's Mask was under appreciated, but there was just something on Wind Waker that made it so wonderful, it was a sort of hate-love story, since the first time I saw the screenshots on a magazine I hated it because I though it had kiddy graphics and was nothing like Ocarina of Time (oh boy I was SO wrong), so I rented it just for a day, and I just had to bought it the next day, I think I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed sailing. The bizarre nature of Majora's was really cool though, and the abilities were awesome. But who knows, can Skyward Sword take the precious place of Wind Waker for me? We are less than a month away!

#14 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi PK-Love!

That's a beautiful signature you got there!

Yeah I know Majora's Mask was under appreciated, but there was just something on Wind Waker that made it so wonderful, it was a sort of hate-love story, since the first time I saw the screenshots on a magazine I hated it because I though it had kiddy graphics and was nothing like Ocarina of Time (oh boy I was SO wrong), so I rented it just for a day, and I just had to bought it the next day, I think I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed sailing. The bizarre nature of Majora's was really cool though, and the abilities were awesome. But who knows, can Skyward Sword take the precious place of Wind Waker for me? We are less than a month away!

I have a good feeling about Skyward Sword. Especially since it's taking a lot of what makes other Zelda games great and throwing them in a blender, while still adding it's own unique elements to the mix(at least that's the feeling I et from everything I learned fom E3. I have't looked at anything Skyward sword related since the Comic Con trailer. I want everything to be a surprise when I pop the game disk into my Wii this November).
Posted Image

#15 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I have a good feeling about Skyward Sword. Especially since it's taking a lot of what makes other Zelda games great and throwing them in a blender, while still adding it's own unique elements to the mix(at least that's the feeling I et from everything I learned fom E3. I have't looked at anything Skyward sword related since the Comic Con trailer. I want everything to be a surprise when I pop the game disk into my Wii this November).

Oh God you are so lucky, I don't have that type of strength to resist and I've already seen some videos, but at least I know nothing about the plot.

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hey there, MachineLaw!
Welcome to the Wii U Forums!

I'm Auzzie Wingman, the Thunderstruck Guide! (Yeah, I can keep these Australian titles coming all day).
I can speak some Spanish. It's been a while since Yr9, but here goes:

*clears throat* "Me no habla espanol!"

Nah, I used to know more, was top of the class, but I don't remember a lot of it. I was somewhat able to pull of a conversation too.

I hope you enjoy the forums, Machine. I'd call you ML, but we already got one of them.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

"Machine", I like the sound of that. I shall now be called Machine on this forum lol.

#18 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Si, Waller definitivamente este sitio me esta gustando cada vez mas y mas. Mi genero favorito de videojuegos son los RPG al igual que los de aventura como Zelda. Hay muchos de estrategia como Advance Wars, Fire Emblem y Pikmin que tambien me gusta jugar y aunque ahora no hay tantos juegos de plataforma como habia antes sigue siendo uno de los generos que mas juego.

En general mis gustos son muy variados y si el juego es bueno, es seguro que lo disfrutare. En cuanto a los de instrumentos musicales estuve recibiendo clases de guitarra unos meses pero por cuestiones de tiempo no pude seguir asistiendo. Se que no me preguntaste sobre deportes pero me encanta el futbol y la natacion.

Te agradezco mucho tu calida bienvenida!
And I hope no one feels offended or isolated by this post in spanish.

Que te gusta hacer?

Eh, nevermind, im not going to bother.

IGN can be a very cold place for a nintendo fan. But don't worry, this forum is much much better than IGN.

Im superdarkyoshi the eh.. darkest yoshi. Writer/poet, musician, fencer, debater/speaker, and one fascinated with dreams and the paranormal.

So, what do you like to listen to?

Do you write?

Anyway, I hope to see you around the forum, I am most active around the general gaming, museum, forum games, and the cafe section.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Wind Waker FTW! :D Anyways, welcome to the Wii U Forums! Make sure to follow the rules! You might also want look at the Newcomer's Guide. It will explain a lot of things to you, such as why we are guides, how things work around here and much more! Don't worry, it will only take 5 minutes to read both of these. You can also chat with other users in the Chat. If you need any help, you can contact either us Guides or the mods: Feld0 and AMAC. Hope you're happy here! (No, trust me. This forum is AWESOME!)
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!