Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

During the last console generation, Capcom internally developed MT framework, an engine to improve efficiency and quality of its game development. “However, we have run into some problems and limitations while using this framework, ” Masaru Ijuin, Senior manager of Technology Management at Capcom said. “Looking ahead to the development of games for next-gen consoles, we felt we needed to completely overhaul the development environmentto better cope with the increasingly complex hardware. That's pretty much why we started developing this new engine.”

When asked what the limitations of the MT Framework Engine, Ijuin gave more specific information. “It’s clear that heightened game quality leads to a rise in the number of man hours. The amount of work involved in making games for next-gen consoles is eight to ten times greater than what is required for the current generation of consoles.

http://www.ign.com/a...nt-gen-consoles

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

gaming crash may be a very real threat right about now

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Lol Capcom is screwed if they keep trying to develop for it then.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Wait, so what was all the praise they were getting for being "Easy to develop for" and "Just like a PC!". Was it all just a lie to hype up the consoles? 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Wait, so what was all the praise they were getting for being "Easy to develop for" and "Just like a PC!". Was it all just a lie to hype up the consoles? 

No, they were talking about the developers who matter.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

So they completely dumped the engine that they spent a bunch of money on so that exactly this wouldn't happen, and instead spent even more money developing a new engine.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Does this mean 8x more devs closing thier doors than last gen?

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Microsoft should just buy Capcom or at least buy Dead Rising and Resident Evil. 

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Microsoft should just buy Capcom or at least buy Dead Rising and Resident Evil. 

No. Capcom maybe ruined but I rather give them the chance to revive or at least die at thier own hand than watch MS kill another with thier posion.

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Simply put you gotta add more details or it will show.

You don't want the guy looking all sharp while the tree in the background looks like a 2 yr old draw it with crayons.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

When Capcom dies Nintendo should buy Monster Hunter.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

When Capcom dies Nintendo should buy Monster Hunter.

And Mega Man. PG buys DMC. Nintendo buys PG WIN! Except for the angry internet who claims to kill themselves over B2. Nothing of value was lost.

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

And instead of using their budget on the development of the actual game, you know, so that they can cope with the more demanding platform, they'll dump it all on marketing. Again.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

This is unicorn tongue. No way it's than much more expensive.
They're trying to hyperbowl the "next gen" rainbow.

Also, it should be more expensive right now, they've just launched.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

Well Sony lied when they branded their PS4 a 'supercharged PC'. I believe someone from Nvidia came out and rubbished the claim, branding the PS4 a low-end PC.

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Well Sony lied when they branded their PS4 a 'supercharged PC'. I believe someone from Nvidia came out and rubbished the claim, branding the PS4 a low-end PC.

I agree with Nvidia. However, if Nvidia were making the graphics chips instead of ATI, they would be singing a different tune regardless.

Edited by Valentine's Day, 15 January 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#17 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Isn't this just because the improved graphics takes longer to develop? The actual coding might not be more difficult...? They write "...heightened game quality leads to a rise of the number of man hours". This is also what Nintendo said regarding the many delayed games for the Wii U.

Edited by storabajskorven, 15 January 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

I agree with Nvidia. However, if Nvidia were making the graphics chips instead of ATI, they would be singing a different tune regardless.

No doubt Nvidia like AMD would have kept quiet, but I do feel that such a comment from Mark Cerny is very misleading to anyone who doesn't have a clue about PC architecture.

Sony have done very well building up the PS4, I just hope they have the first party exclusives to back up their hype because as someone who has had first hand experience with the PS4 and one of its exclusive games, I can't say I'm overally impressed and the hype surrounding the DS4 controller has left me scratching my head.

#19 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

Wouldn't really worry since idk the system has some great stuff coming(3rd party and exclusives) this year which btw looks to be awesome for everybody(Infamous,TitanFall,and X).

#20 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Just pointing out that they said current gen which also encompasses the XBOX ONE. I don't think its fair to point a finger solely at Sony.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!