#21 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hopefully this is true.

In this day of game capable smartphones, tablets, etc.,

Long generations for game centric handhelds is not feasible.

But backwards compatibility is a very important item for these handhelds since the phones and tablets will nave that moving forward. Well... iOS devices at least.

Looking forward to the next Nintendo handheld. The ds and 3ds didn't do much for me.

Hopefully Nintendo learns to push the tech. Cheap stuff is simply seen as "cheap" nowadays.

#22 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

I'm hoping Nintendo makes use of bendable screen tech to create a device not unlike a flip-phone in form - it could open up to be one big widescreen. If the whole system was flexible to an extent it could create new input never before seen in a handheld gaming device. Very pocket-friendly. An outer screen could present basic data - Mii, step count, streetpasses, etc.

In other words, I love you

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hopefully this is true.

But backwards compatibility is a very important item for these handhelds since the phones and tablets will nave that moving forward. Well... iOS devices at least.

Looking forward to the next Nintendo handheld. The ds and 3ds didn't do much for me.

Hopefully Nintendo learns to push the tech. Cheap stuff is simply seen as "cheap" nowadays.

they will only go the power route if it is indeed the console hybrid handheld people have been guessing. I expect something decently powerful mainly getting all the main game engines and a GPU with programmable shaders. Unity was announced for Vita today if 3ds was capable of getting the engine developers wouldnt even bother with Vita. 3ds is so much more attractive platform right now but it cant run unity

#24 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I do hope you are trolling from boredom because your posts have become mind numbing idiotic ignorant drivel

You have nothing. Nintendrones are the worst.  You can't back up anything you're saying . 

Hopefully this is true.

Ding ding. He gets it. 

Long generation for handhelds are bad now. It's fine for consoles since they really aren't competing with anything else but the big three. Maybeee Steam machines, but I doubt they'll pick up. The Ouya is complete trash and lulzworthy. 

Edited by Zinix, 15 January 2014 - 08:41 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

@Ryudo: It really was pretty bad.

Put him on ignore he is just trolling and posting spam topics and now convinced he made a homeless topic to get attention.

#26 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Put him on ignore he is just trolling and posting spam topics and now convinced he made a homeless topic to get attention.

Is this dude serious? LOL. Dude I've been here longer than you have. All you've done is said I have a bad argument yet you can't provide one yourself because you're a fanboy. 

If you want to continue to believe that Nintendo can continue to support a  handheld with trashy specs in 2018 and a screen where the jaggies are visible by a blind person. than you have to be brought to reality. 

I happen to have every console, I'm not some fanboy drone that endlessly defends the errors of Nintendo and argues them with futile points. Oh wait,  you haven't provided any argument. 

Also go Wii yourself. You don't know my situation. I didn't say I was "homeless" to get attention. Show how far you reading comprehension skills can go. I said I was on the "verge of being" homeless. 

Edited by Zinix, 15 January 2014 - 09:17 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Nintendo should act sooner than 2017.
Despite the high sales numbers, third party once again are skipping the 3DS.
They've never had to keep their own handheld afloat with their own games before, they're usually a great place for smaller third party pieces.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

I expect Nintendo next console/handheld/hybrid to be AMAZING! The fact that this information is out there in rumor already point to good things IMO. I think Nintendo has realized they have to up their game. The negativity surrounding them as a company and their future i think will give them that kick in the butt they need.

Funny because I remember countless people saying the same things you're saying now when the rumor of the Wii U first popped up.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#29 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Just deleted this post

Edited by Lupaie, 16 January 2014 - 10:45 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!