Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

http://mynintendonew...gamepads-value/

wii_u_gamepad_white2.jpg?w=850&h=530&cro

Nintendo has revealed that it wants to enrich the value of the Wii U GamePad through a variety of methods. The company plans to offer games that take full advantage of the 6.2-inch touch-screen controller. It also wants to make full use of the controller’s NFC function by preparing multiple schemes, including the implementation of NFC payments. Nintendo DS software, which will eventually be added to the Wii U Virtual Console lineup, will be playable on the Wii U GamePad.

Also see http://www.nintendo..../140130/02.html

Edited by Ledo Jaeger, 30 January 2014 - 08:04 AM.

In other words, I love you

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Are they basically saying if we put a DS cartrage on the NFC thing we can play the game? O.o

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Are they basically saying if we put a DS cartrage on the NFC thing we can play the game? O.o

No that won't happen since there is no nfc built into there ds games.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

we have a news section now where all these things were posted when they happened yesterday honey.

lol, sorry.

Edited by Nollog, 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Na, that will easily be exploited, just print out a picture and use that instead, 

It's about time they're using the gamepad, besides Nintendo Land, no other game really "Needed" the gamepad, ZombiU could just have the inventory and stuff pop up on the screen, Lego City's puzzles could be done on screen using the analog stick, and no other game really did anything special with it, pretty much used it as a UI showing inventory, different camera angle etc.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

we have a news section now where all these things were posted when they happened yesterday honey.

My bad~

In other words, I love you

#7 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

This will be quite interesting.

#8 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

It only makes sense. They put a lot of their resources for the Wii U in to the gamepad so they need to leverage it in whatever ways possible. 

pNgecl.gif

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

No that won't happen since there is no nfc built into there ds games.

They could make an acessory that you attach to the cartrage, but that would look stupid.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Na, that will easily be exploited, just print out a picture and use that instead, 

It's about time they're using the gamepad, besides Nintendo Land, no other game really "Needed" the gamepad, ZombiU could just have the inventory and stuff pop up on the screen, Lego City's puzzles could be done on screen using the analog stick, and no other game really did anything special with it, pretty much used it as a UI showing inventory, different camera angle etc.

That's not what NFC is.

NFC involves a very small little microchip, smaller than the tip of your smallest finger's fingernail which can be embedded in any kind of physical product.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

That's not what NFC is.

NFC involves a very small little microchip, smaller than the tip of your smallest finger's fingernail which can be embedded in any kind of physical product.

aah ok thanks! i never had anything like skylanders or Pokemon smash (wii U version) so I thought it was something completely differnet

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

But  would people really care about the Gamepad?  I t hink it's  cool, but I  still doubt many people will truly see how good it  can be, even with good advertising a lot of them would still think  "my iPad has a screen too" 

No sig.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

The payment would be cool but wonder of it would drive up the cost.

Just started thinging about this. And it would be easier to tap a card vs enter a long digit number.

Also that would bring Google wallet and PayPal into it.

Seems cool but if might up the cost of online items.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

You would think they would of made this a priority from the get go, but I'm super excited that they are actively pursuing making the gamepad an integral part of future games. Can't wait to see what Nintendo comes up with :)

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

The payment would be cool but wonder of it would drive up the cost.
Just started thinging about this. And it would be easier to tap a card vs enter a long digit number.
Also that would bring Google wallet and PayPal into it.
Seems cool but if might up the cost of online items.

Nah, it's the same as using your visa or mastercard, they all have their transaction handlers working in the background.

I got an nfc bank card late last year, I want to use it for something
I tried scanning it to my phone but it's encrypted too well :'(

Taking of NFC, I think "Non-Wearable" will be Nintendo branded microchips. Which would be interesting.
We've had the technology to augment ourselves for a decade or more, but is society ready for such a thing?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Finally the NFC will be used. It took them a year, but at last, it will be used.

Dying to see what games will use it.

Being able to play DS games on Wii U? May just be my first Pokémon purchase ever!

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I do hope they get an addon to let you use your physical DS games.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

I do hope they get an addon to let you use your physical DS games.

Someone's in for a disappointment.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

it's kind of a pain how Nintendo doesn't have their eShop accounts unified that much. It's now possible to have some games (like mario bros or something ) on the Wii VC, the Wii U VC, and the 3DS VC. All with their own game saves, so you either have to keep the old console or start from scratch.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

I hope NFC is actually used uniquely. Skylanders has been done. Maybe the new Zelda will come with NFC cards that unlock certain parts of certain dungeons, or Mario Kart can have a Drivers Licence which you use to transfer your licence from one friends Wii U to another!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!