• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

This is a thread about Sony losing money is why?Check out the other threads doll.lol, fangirls sure are assholes.But I doubt it's fanggirls alone, Sony employ assholes like this.And also, we've been saying that about IGN for about 4 years.This is why "gam journalism" is a joke whenever the words are uttered or typed.off-point, but from that ign video: "Only on Playstation (also on PC)" lmaoOh, I thought Sony themselves came out and said they made a profit.It was just a teardown.http://www.cnbc.com/id/101212582Probably will be making profit by July.http://www.theinquir...sony-on-the-ps4lol, horsing useless Sony.huurpdurp sony gonna buy nintendo and put mario on ps4 and sonic is now sega for sony - patcher.It received the most updates day 1 than any of the new systems, it's newer updates have all been delayed, it's a tablet cpu which will be out-classed in 2 days of release, which it was about 6 months before release.PC games > P4 games unless you're too poor to make the early investment for better hardware.Cult followers are idiotic, and will buy anything, why is that a positive for gamers? it's a negative, the only positive is for Sony's marketing team.Selling your HQ is bad. If you have such not good CEO's in charge of your company for so long, change will be difficult.Pandering to your audience in empty ways that erode your value for years and decades to come will help to make up for the old CEO, but it's not a future plan worth mentioning.Getting into the laptop and pc business was great for Sony until people realized as with everything with sony, they used cheap rainbowty parts and charged a ridiculous premium for having the Sony brand on top of the plastic case.I see nothing which has changed. Gamers just accept carp because they're peasantry knows no bounds. Save for a few months, do a week's worth of research, and save yourself a lot in the long-term.Gamers peasantry is why companies like Ouya and Amazon are looking to launch "consoles" because they'll think "oh great more companies that want to make fun for me!" but in actuality, they're using gamers to get their MEDIA boxes in homes.They are not saviors. No company is, not even Nintendo. Do not treat Sony, MS, or even Nintendo as a savior fighting for you, they're fighting each other, for your money.The loss of $1.1 billion is due to them being an obsolete company. They need to catch up with the current times and trends, and not be pompous assholes about it.The latter is where I see the issue with Sony.The market is expanding still, Nintendo penny-pinching is silly. They should be trying to capture the expanse, by looking at play store and going "here's some money, advertise our hardware and software, also, we sho

uld make an app for miiverse that doesn't take 4 years to come out!"

Lol.

Console gaming is always superior for this reason:

They are the standard.

Sure you can continue to fork over money every year to keep up with the same games on console, but it's a losers game.

There are rare games that are actually worth having on Pac versus anything else. But hardly any.

Sure, you can have better resolution and sometimes frame rates, but it's not that big a deal.
The reason why? Poly counts are locked in and textures are the only variable. Sometimes, those aren't even designed for the higher resolutions.

There is a reason why console gaming is so successful.

It's a known target for devs. So they can get the most out of it, lock it in and make it consistent every time. Pc is a fast moving target with mixed results.

That's the thing about pc gaming.

Every pv is different. Some will allow for a better version of the game, some allow for only worse.

#42 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Apple makes great hardware. I've loved my iMac, and would love to have a Macbook Air. I love how people have this hatred against Apple, saying their products are "over rated" and "over priced", but then compare other ultra books with MacBook Air and find out PC manufactures charge more for the same thing. Some Apple products are really expensive - but it's generally their professorial hardware, like the Mac Pro.

And Apple is a very innovative company. They popularized the idea of the mouse. They made the idea of a smartphone the next big thing. Challenged the PC industry with the iPad. And lets not even talk about the iPod, iTunes and the App Store.

You are right that Nintendo being in trouble is a GOOD thing. Someone who challenges them on their level means they will work HARDER and be BETTER. So yes, Nintendo being in real trouble is a GOOD thing.

I agree that they used to be. They went downhill in the 90s without Steve Jobs and they're going downhill now without him. Only problem this time is there is no chance of him coming back.

#43 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

What Apple making an innovative trash can not enough for people anymore?

i0rGgG74z59qu.jpg

#44 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

i0rGgG74z59qu.jpg

The Mac Pro is freaking amazing. Easy to reach every thing that can be upgraded.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#45 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

If you can get the parts.

but to be fair, pricewise the Pro is pretty competitive with the closest specced PC systems.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#46 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Lol.

Console gaming is always superior for this reason:

They are the standard.

Sure you can continue to fork over money every year to keep up with the same games on console, but it's a losers game.

Yeah, that is the common mis-conception for casual peasants.

There are rare games that are actually worth having on Pac versus anything else. But hardly any.

Pac = PC ? They are all worth having on PC.
Usually for 4.99 too.

Sure, you can have better resolution and sometimes frame rates, but it's not that big a deal.

It seems to be a big deal when you're a Sony fangirl, or is that order 18892834 game not being 60fps or being an offline-only game, wasn't it co-op based?
That makes no sense, especially in this day and age, and with a game from Nintendo being nice persontit'ed for not having online.
Sony Fangirls often change their tune with Sony can't do 1080p 60 fps, PC does 1080p 60fps and has done for about 10 years.
We're going for 4K as entry in the next year or so. And guess what?
A GPU what can do 4k, cost me only 100 euro 4 years ago. So there goes your "wah wah too expense, much upgrade wah wah" point.

The reason why? Poly counts are locked in and textures are the only variable. Sometimes, those aren't even designed for the higher resolutions.

Mod support.

There is a reason why console gaming is so successful.

Yeah, it's a lazy, easily advertisable media-box for companies like Sony, Apple, and Microsoft.
Oh, and it also plays some games on minimum PC settings.

It's a known target for devs. So they can get the most out of it, lock it in and make it consistent every time. Pc is a fast moving target with mixed results.

Yeah, everything needs a minimum setting, consoles do a great job at being minimum spec.
Lazy devs indeed. And what's allowing these devs to stay lazy gotten us? A new generation of last gen sequels, and not many of them so far.

That's the thing about pc gaming.

Every pv is different. Some will allow for a better version of the game, some allow for only worse.

pv = PC ?
Exactly, consoles do have a place, they allow for a minimum setting which can then be scaled forward with superiour hardware.
Fangirls claiming anything other than minimum spec, should be shot and hung afterward, they are a horsing CANCER.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#47 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Apple makes great hardware. I've loved my iMac, and would love to have a Macbook Air. I love how people have this hatred against Apple, saying their products are "over rated" and "over priced", but then compare other ultra books with MacBook Air and find out PC manufactures charge more for the same thing. Some Apple products are really expensive - but it's generally their professorial hardware, like the Mac Pro.

And Apple is a very innovative company. They popularized the idea of the mouse. They made the idea of a smartphone the next big thing. Challenged the PC industry with the iPad. And lets not even talk about the iPod, iTunes and the App Store.

You are right that Nintendo being in trouble is a GOOD thing. Someone who challenges them on their level means they will work HARDER and be BETTER. So yes, Nintendo being in real trouble is a GOOD thing.

Apple's products are very overrated and overpriced the cheapest iMac is $1299 and I could find better specs on a laptop for cheaper too there is literally no point to buy it unless you really really really like the Mac OS

#48 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Apple's products are very overrated and overpriced the cheapest iMac is $1299 and I could find better specs on a laptop for cheaper too there is literally no point to buy it unless you really really really like the Mac OS

I think macs are great for old people. No seriously. I convinced my mom who is now 74 in 2010 to buy a Macbook for a computer because of the smaller threat of a virus. The little white laptop is still kicking tho did have to replace the HDD and power cord last 3 years. Still it's worked out good for her as so many people esp at her age have a tenancy to click things in emails and somehow get bad crap. To me it's easy NOT to get one on Windows but old people with computers are like kids wither everything else. They find a way to break it even if that thing could survive a bomb.

#49 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

I think macs are great for old people. No seriously. I convinced my mom who is now 74 in 2010 to buy a Macbook for a computer because of the smaller threat of a virus. The little white laptop is still kicking tho did have to replace the HDD and power cord last 3 years. Still it's worked out good for her as so many people esp at her age have a tenancy to click things in emails and somehow get bad crap. To me it's easy NOT to get one on Windows but old people with computers are like kids wither everything else. They find a way to break it even if that thing could survive a bomb.

valid point, but for the purposes of gaming Mac's are terrible in comparison 

#50 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Oh agreed. Back in October 2012 I had some money to get a new laptop and for $1400 I got an Asus G75 with 16gb of ram and a i7 750GB HDD with a open slot to add a another HDD SSD or HDD. I play many games from steam on it. GPU might be a little dated with the 660m but running everything I played so far in 1080P. Same price for a Mac Pro and it's an i5 (btw Asus lets you overclock built in) half the ram. No thanks

#51 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Apple's products are very overrated and overpriced the cheapest iMac is $1299 and I could find better specs on a laptop for cheaper too there is literally no point to buy it unless you really really really like the Mac OS

iMac vs Laptop ... Not a fair way to compare prices. Of course, you hating Apple you would do that.

Apple's lowest MacBook Air comes with Intel i5 and 128GB of Solid State HD. Go to Dell, and a similar option is 1249.99 (http://www.dell.com/...123098073120601) which has the same processor same ram same HD. Just different MORE EXPENSIVE price.

Plus, the MacBook Air has one the best battery life. And with the magnetic charge port you'll never worry about that port breaking. I don't know if the Dell has a backlit keyboard, but every Apple MacBook does. It's always the small things that make Apple the better choice. And in this case, it's also the cheaper option.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#52 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, that is the common mis-conception for casual peasants.Pac = PC ? They are all worth having on PC.Usually for 4.99 too.It seems to be a big deal when you're a Sony fangirl, or is that order 18892834 game not being 60fps or being an offline-only game, wasn't it co-op based?That makes no sense, especially in this day and age, and with a game from Nintendo being nice persontit'ed for not having online.Sony Fangirls often change their tune with Sony can't do 1080p 60 fps, PC does 1080p 60fps and has done for about 10 years.We're going for 4K as entry in the next year or so. And guess what?A GPU what can do 4k, cost me only 100 euro 4 years ago. So there goes your "wah wah too expense, much upgrade wah wah" point.Mod support.Yeah, it's a lazy, easily advertisable media-box for companies like Sony, Apple, and Microsoft.Oh, and it also plays some games on minimum PC settings.Yeah, everything needs a minimum setting, consoles do a great job at being minimum spec.Lazy devs indeed. And what's allowing these devs to stay lazy gotten us? A new generation of last gen sequels, and not many of them so far.pv = PC ?Exactly, consoles do have a place, they allow for a minimum setting which can then be scaled forward with superiour hardware.Fangirls claiming anything other than minimum spec, should be shot and hung afterward, they are a horsing CANCER.

Mod support.

That's a plus.

And a high spec pc/Mac is always going to beat console.

That was never the argument.

But your $100 gfx card comment actually proved my point.

You've already spent x amount.

Now you have to spend x more. In a couple years you'll have to again. Just to play x1/ps4 games.

I was a pc gamer. Still prefer the mouse keyboard combo for fps.

But the cost/performance/consistency ratios are heavily in favor of console.

And the pc games that are multiplat are always constrained by the console build anyway.

So in the end, console gaming will always be bigger and a smooth ride.

Pc gaming will always have the most potential, but on a road filled with potholes as you are faced with compatibility issues,driver issues, and a game that was meant for console anyway.

But... The modding part is really cool on pc. And for the few games that actually have a great mod community, it's worth it. If you already have a capable pc. But to spend pc money only to have to keep spending on ram and gpu cards and sometimes CPUs as well (not to mention varying motherboard performance) only to have a few games that actually matter is not wise investing.

i0rGgG74z59qu.jpg

Had some time with this beauty.

Looks stunning in person and is tiny.

Amazing engineering too. Basically the absolute best cooling design using not only a fan, but also the natural flow of hot air upwards.

This beast matches in the performance department too.

Had to cut a promo video, polish in after effects and encode.

Did it all so fast I still can't beleive it.

And to top it off,it's built in the USA.

Apple has a winner here in every category b

Funny how losers like to hate on success.

#53 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Funny how Apple fans always name call when they put up defense sheilds and would defend a piece of plastic to the death if they had to.

Also

why

talk

this

are

you

stevie

from

malcom

in

the

middle

#54 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

Funny how Apple fans always name call when they put up defense sheilds and would defend a piece of plastic to the death if they had to.

Also

why

talk

this

are

you

stevie

from

malcom

in

the

middle

It's logic. Calling a great machine what it is.

Loser is a term for people who don't win.

And have nothing to do but throw hate at those who do.

In a thread about gaming, you throw random hate at a pro level workstation. And one that would likely game extremely well.

That's where "loser" comes from. And it fits the scenario.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 February 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#55 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

iMac vs Laptop ... Not a fair way to compare prices. Of course, you hating Apple you would do that.

Apple's lowest MacBook Air comes with Intel i5 and 128GB of Solid State HD. Go to Dell, and a similar option is 1249.99 (http://www.dell.com/...123098073120601) which has the same processor same ram same HD. Just different MORE EXPENSIVE price.

Plus, the MacBook Air has one the best battery life. And with the magnetic charge port you'll never worry about that port breaking. I don't know if the Dell has a backlit keyboard, but every Apple MacBook does. It's always the small things that make Apple the better choice. And in this case, it's also the cheaper option.

I don't hate apple I have an Iphone and I've used a mac book pro I loved it for casual use like internet and pron hehe. but for gaming there is just way cheaper with better spec'd options for $1149 here ( http://us.ncix.com/p...SI&promoid=1208 )

is a laptop with a better cpu a better gpu plus Windows which for gaming crushes especially because Mac OS is a resource hog (but so is Windows compared to Linux but Linux has no games so it doesn't matter) and if we go to Desktops custom build is all I have to say for way less I could build a computer that is way better than the iMac

#56 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

It's logic. Calling a great machine what it is.

Loser is a term for people who don't win.

And have nothing to do but throw hate at those who do.

In a thread about gaming, you throw random hate at a pro level workstation. And one that would likely game extremely well.

That's where "loser" comes from. And it fits the scenario.

lol k. Take pride in your trash can and defend it to the death like all appletards. I will be gaming and video editing on a laptop that even 2 years old far out specs and lets me customize and overclock than  Apples offering at the same price.

Win for me.

Edited by Ryudo, 08 February 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#57 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

1386011306966.jpg

pNgecl.gif

#58 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb