• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 February 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#62 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Mod support.

That's a plus.

And a high spec pc/Mac is always going to beat console.

That was never the argument.

But your $100 gfx card comment actually proved my point.

You've already spent x amount.

Now you have to spend x more. In a couple years you'll have to again. Just to play x1/ps4 games.

I was a pc gamer. Still prefer the mouse keyboard combo for fps.

But the cost/performance/consistency ratios are heavily in favor of console.

And the pc games that are multiplat are always constrained by the console build anyway.

So in the end, console gaming will always be bigger and a smooth ride.

Pc gaming will always have the most potential, but on a road filled with potholes as you are faced with compatibility issues,driver issues, and a game that was meant for console anyway.

How does $100 lasting (I said Euro btw, but if you shop on newegg that card probably would've been less than $100 when I paid €100) 4+ years at a higher graphic setting prove a point about a game console costing 5 times that much for the same amount of life at low settings?
I can use that graphics card for 10 years and it'll play x1 and p4 games, on low settings like the consoles.
You're taking the route most peasants take, oh you're on pc so you HAVE to upgrade every month because you HAVE to play on ultra-high graphics. If you're comparing with consoles, then compare on LOW to Ultra-Low settings, in which case a $100 card will have twice or three times the milage, especially with console specs holding PC's back.
The p4 has a graphics card from around 2009, now that that's the standard, and far above the x1's spec, then we'll be able to get a hell of a long time from a $100 card.

So, since if I post this now, I can get you to compare life-for-like before you forget when you reply to me later maybe if you do.
Say P4 finishes up in the expected 6 year lifetime, that's 2019, right?
And x1 too, we're looking at 2019 as the end date.
Starting date is 2013. We have PC at 1080p 120fps for about 5 years by now.
We buy an entry card, say the R7 250 or some nvidia card that isn't a rip-off i mean wow just looking at them how do people even like nvidia jeez, for $100
Play on high for probably 1 year, switch to medium for 3, then go to low for about 6 more years.
We spend roughly, $500 on the rest of the build bringing the total to $600 (for 10 years that's $60 per year)
Then you have a p4 running medium-low for 6 years at $500 ($83 per year)

It may seem simplistic, but that's the approach I take to PC gaming.
I spent around 800 euro in 2008 I think? When the i7 came out and that was with the extortionately high-priced motherboard and ddr3 etc. because it was all new at the time.
Ran a 4k display on it, gamed and watched movies on that display before it RIP'd, I actually thought it was my graphics card so I got an upgrade, but it tuned out to be the display itself. :(
You know how much that card cost me? €100 for my 7870
That monitor sucked, sent it back because of dead pixels and got it back with some kind of electrical fault, I should really get someone to look at it, but I'm scared of it costing an arm and a leg.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#63 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

lol k. Take pride in your trash can and defend it to the death like all appletards. I will be gaming and video editing on a laptop that even 2 years old far out specs and lets me customize and overclock than  Apples offering at the same price.

Win for me.

Lol

It's not mine. Too expensive.

But I will enjoy it for sure.

Take pride in your ignorance and immature hatred toward anything that reaches for success.

And I'd like to see your two year old laptop that out specs a new gen multi core Xeon class, dual FirePro gpu, 64 gb ram, ssd drive Mac Pro. Go tell your stories to an success hater forum. They'll prob believe you.

Telling it to an mcse who built more than my share of pcs. You are only proving the loser/hater/troll tag accurate.

Keep it going. Could use the comedy.

#64 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Lol

It's not mine. Too expensive.

But I will enjoy it for sure.

Take pride in your ignorance and immature hatred toward anything that reaches for success.

And I'd like to see your two year old laptop that out specs a new gen multi core Xeon class, dual FirePro gpu, 64 gb ram, ssd drive Mac Pro. Go tell your stories to an success hater forum. They'll prob believe you.

Telling it to an mcse who built more than my share of pcs. You are only proving the loser/hater/troll tag accurate.

Keep it going. Could use the comedy.

You're looping that post or something, I don't even know.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#65 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

How does $100 lasting (I said Euro btw, but if you shop on newegg that card probably would've been less than $100 when I paid €100) 4+ years at a higher graphic setting prove a point about a game console costing 5 times that much for the same amount of life at low settings?I can use that graphics card for 10 years and it'll play x1 and p4 games, on low settings like the consoles.You're taking the route most peasants take, oh you're on pc so you HAVE to upgrade every month because you HAVE to play on ultra-high graphics. If you're comparing with consoles, then compare on LOW to Ultra-Low settings, in which case a $100 card will have twice or three times the milage, especially with console specs holding PC's back.The p4 has a graphics card from around 2009, now that that's the standard, and far above the x1's spec, then we'll be able to get a hell of a long time from a $100 card.So, since if I post this now, I can get you to compare life-for-like before you forget when you reply to me later maybe if you do.Say P4 finishes up in the expected 6 year lifetime, that's 2019, right?And x1 too, we're looking at 2019 as the end date.Starting date is 2013. We have PC at 1080p 120fps for about 5 years by now.We buy an entry card, say the R7 250 or some nvidia card that isn't a rip-off i mean wow just looking at them how do people even like nvidia jeez, for $100Play on high for probably 1 year, switch to medium for 3, then go to low for about 6 more years.We spend roughly, $500 on the rest of the build bringing the total to $600 (for 10 years that's $60 per year)Then you have a p4 running medium-low for 6 years at $500 ($83 per year)It may seem simplistic, but that's the approach I take to PC gaming.I spent around 800 euro in 2008 I think? When the i7 came out and that was with the extortionately high-priced motherboard and ddr3 etc. because it was all new at the time.Ran a 4k display on it, gamed and watched movies on that display before it RIP'd, I actually thought it was my graphics card so I got an upgrade, but it tuned out to be the display itself. :(You know how much that card cost me? €100 for my 7870That monitor sucked, sent it back because of dead pixels and got it back with some kind of electrical fault, I should really get someone to look at it, but I'm scared of it costing an arm and a leg.

Because your pc already cost you more.

You're not spending $100.

You are spending $100 in addition to the pc cost.

Using your logic, the console is then "free" since it's already owned.

So console wins again.

You're looping that post or something, I don't even know.

Was a reply to someone else.

And I don't know either. I posted exactly once.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 February 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#66 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Because your pc already cost you more.

You're not spending $100.

You are spending $100 in addition to the pc cost.

Using your logic, the console is then "free" since it's already owned.

So console wins again.

Was a reply to someone else.

And I don't know either. I posted exactly once.

No, you silly sausage.
I added up all the prices of everything, a FULL PC to run games for 10 years, almost 2 console generations, on similar fidelity levels, is $100 more than a $500 P4.
I then added that I upgraded because of a faulty monitor, which indeed raised my own build's price by $100, if I hadn't sold my old GPU for $150
If you can't sell your old components or don't want to, then indeed you're paying more money on your build, but you're also buying more time at higher fidelity than a console offers.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#67 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I don't hate apple I have an Iphone and I've used a mac book pro I loved it for casual use like internet and pron hehe. but for gaming there is just way cheaper with better spec'd options for $1149 here ( http://us.ncix.com/p...SI&promoid=1208 )
is a laptop with a better cpu a better gpu plus Windows which for gaming crushes especially because Mac OS is a resource hog (but so is Windows compared to Linux but Linux has no games so it doesn't matter) and if we go to Desktops custom build is all I have to say for way less I could build a computer that is way better than the iMac

For gaming is one thing. But even still, comparing an iMac to a laptop isn't the best comparison. But you should never buy a Mac if gaming is your main concern. Only casual gaming. Mac is great for a lot of things and the MacBook Air is very durable - and as I pointed out - the cheaper option amongst Ultrabooks.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#68 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

No, you silly sausage.I added up all the prices of everything, a FULL PC to run games for 10 years, almost 2 console generations, on similar fidelity levels, is $100 more than a $500 P4.I then added that I upgraded because of a faulty monitor, which indeed raised my own build's price by $100, if I hadn't sold my old GPU for $150If you can't sell your old components or don't want to, then indeed you're paying more money on your build, but you're also buying more time at higher fidelity than a console offers.

If you're looking for similar levels, then it's $100 too much, yet again.

But the reality is that today's games will play well on that rig but not those in a year or two. They will play, bit on lesser settings. Ad the framerate will stutter. Always been that way.

Unless you get a falcon or a Mac Pro, or other high spec pc, you'll end up upgrading or getting a subpar experience, even with similar hardware.

It's always been that way and it isn't changing.

The console version will be heavily optimized for a closed system. It will look and play awesome.

The pc version will look great on expensive machines or require an upgrade. There will be slop in the system allowing for wide variety of configs. That will always show up.

So ultimately, yet again, the console wins out. You invest a low amount of money once and reap the rewards for 7 years+

The thing about pc is that you use it for work, home files, etc. and then games are a bonus.

But to really excel at games, you need the right specs. That costs money. And it isn't a good investment compared to console.

For gaming is one thing. But even still, comparing an iMac to a laptop isn't the best comparison. But you should never buy a Mac if gaming is your main concern. Only casual gaming. Mac is great for a lot of things and the MacBook Air is very durable - and as I pointed out - the cheaper option amongst Ultrabooks.

Apple hasn't seemed too concerned with gaming. And it hasn't hurt them.

But...

Load windows in boot camp and you have a pretty happening gaming pc.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 08 February 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#69 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I'm not very familiar with ultrabooks is there a difference between it and a laptop or is an ultrabook just an extremely portable and light laptop?

#70 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Nah, you don't need to upgrade anything.
I'd be able to play x1 and p4 games on medium and I build this pc like 30 years ago, for a similar price as today's consoles.
If you use logic, I could build a new PC today for the same price, and that PC would last much longer than a console, true enough the up-front cost seems higher, but it's a longer life.

It's like something like littlewoods or that christmas hamper thing. You pay a lot more in interest but you pay a smaller price every month.
That is a console.
A PC is like buying the christmas hamper in December all in one go.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#71 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'm not very familiar with ultrabooks is there a difference between it and a laptop or is an ultrabook just an extremely portable and light laptop?

Apple started the trend with their MacBook Air, then Intel created the name Ultrabook. It gas requirements to be official, one of those now I believe a touch screen. But basically, its light weight and portable. It's usually an expensive option, but they have come down in price. But, still, Apple is the cheaper option. It was the same with All In Ones like the iMac, but PC's have gotten to be cheaper now.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#72 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Nah, you don't need to upgrade anything.
I'd be able to play x1 and p4 games on medium and I build this pc like 30 years ago, for a similar price as today's consoles.
If you use logic, I could build a new PC today for the same price, and that PC would last much longer than a console, true enough the up-front cost seems higher, but it's a longer life.

It's like something like littlewoods or that christmas hamper thing. You pay a lot more in interest but you pay a smaller price every month.
That is a console.
A PC is like buying the christmas hamper in December all in one go.

Your "christmas hamper" won't be playing the latest games in seven years at 60 fps. We've argued this over and over, so that's all I'll say. PC is amazing if you have the money, for the value, consoles rule.

#73 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Your "christmas hamper" won't be playing the latest games in seven years at 60 fps. We've argued this over and over, so that's all I'll say. PC is amazing if you have the money, for the value, consoles rule.

neither will consoles LOL consoles will play games at 30 fps and at either 720p or stretched to 1080 

#74 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Actually it will.
My christmas hamper will play games at 120fps and 1080p in 20 years time, because the hamper will be no-name-brand, aka low settings.
Even if it doesn't go 20 years, It'll easily do 10 years, and if you really need to stretch it and think there'll be some major change, at 720p or lower, or at 60fps or lower.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!