YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

http://gamingbolt.co...es-from-library

A rather interesting glitch has emerged for the PlayStation 4 according to one Reddit user (http://www.reddit.co..._automatically/). Apparently happening for a few weeks, it seems that games are automatically being deleted or “disappearing” from the console.

“This morning Killzone was missing from my system after only playing it 2 days ago and seeing it on my system last night while playing Outlast. After initializing the console last month I thought it had fixed the issue but it seems not. There are no error messages or anything to suggest there is a problem with the console.”

This hardly seems to be an isolated incident (http://www.reddit.co..._on_its_own/[3]) as several users have reported similar issues in the past. While the game’s data files are deleted, it seems the save files are relatively safe. The console in question has no modifications done to it and the user is logged in. What could be causing the problem and how can it be resolved? That remains to be seen.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

someone already fill up the harddrive?

#3 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

IGN filled it up I remember, it stopped at like 460gb or something or it might have been 360gb I can't quiet remember :P

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

Yep hard drive full and it's set to auto manage, deletes least used program.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've not had this problem yet and I've owned the console since launch. Then again my hard drive is nowhere near being full either. I believe save game files are separate on both the PS4 and the Xbox One so if a game is deleted and then re-installed later you can still carry on from where you left off.

#6 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Given how much these consoles cost and how large the installation files and save files are for the games, you'd have thought that Sony and Microsoft would have included at the very least a 1TB harddrive.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

^ AT least with Sony & Nintendo you can add one. XBO no chance of removing it.

XBO does this. Why don't they just let the owner manage the data like past consoles?

Edited by Ryudo, 09 February 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yep hard drive full and it's set to auto manage, deletes least used program.

holy rainbow is that true?
That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone in IT force on people.

Making things rainbowty and out of your control so nobody ever has to learn about what they're using.
Pandering to the unwashed masses, and allowing you further control over them in the present and future.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

^ AT least with Sony & Nintendo you can add one. XBO no chance of removing it.

XBO does this. Why don't they just let the owner manage the data like past consoles?

Microsoft have said you can open up the Xbox One and insert a larger harddrive but have also stated that doing so voids your warranty.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Microsoft have said you can open up the Xbox One and insert a larger harddrive but have also stated that doing so voids your warranty.

People who have opened it up will tell you the thing is darn near impossible to get to.

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

People who have opened it up will tell you the thing is darn near impossible to get to.

Well that's pretty crappy of Microsoft really, they are the biggest advocates of digital content in the games console industry and they won't even let you upgrade your harddrive.

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

holy carp is that true?
That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone in IT force on people.

Making things rainbowty and out of your control so nobody ever has to learn about what they're using.
Pandering to the unwashed masses, and allowing you further control over them in the present and future.

actually the feature seems to be pandering to users who actually know wtf they're doing. Unless it is impossible to turn off the feature of course! then it's ridiculous lol.

#13 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

I had a ps4 since launch and haven't had a problem with programs being deleted. But then again I only have a fraction of the HardDrive filled.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

actually the feature seems to be pandering to users who actually know wtf they're doing. Unless it is impossible to turn off the feature of course! then it's ridiculous lol.

How so?
Programs automatically removing themselves from your hardware is not catering to people who know how to manage their hardware's space.
It's a "easy" feature so casuals don't have to worry their pretty little ogre heads about it.

I think you may believe I was talking about replacing hardware?
I don't understand why you'd think that, since only people who want to bash microsoft in a thread where it's not about replacing parts have commented on that "feature".

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!