Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

I really like the last Fire Emblem game for 3ds and while I hope the game should come to WiiU too, I'd really like a fleshed out Advance Wars too. As Nintendo recently communicated, they would make more use of the gamepad function on WiiU....these gems would fit in without a doubt. And what is the studio responsible Fire Emblem doing right now?

Edited by Lupaie, 11 February 2014 - 06:03 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

Advanced wars is a handheld series, it was literally named after the game boy advance... Like famicom wars was named after the famicom.

WHen it goes to console, the series becomes battalion wars, which mixes the strategic gameplay of advance wars with real time strategy and the ability to actually jump into and control units in the battle.... A style of play that would similarly immensely benefit from the gamepad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

Advanced wars is a handheld series, it was literally named after the game boy advance... Like famicom wars was named after the famicom.

WHen it goes to console, the series becomes battalion wars, which mixes the strategic gameplay of advance wars with real time strategy and the ability to actually jump into and control units in the battle.... A style of play that would similarly immensely benefit from the gamepad.

Yeah, I kind of checked the Battalion Wars games on Gamecube but didn't notice the namechange was for console vs handheld. In that regard its strange that Advance Wars on DS wasn't called DS Wars since it wasn't on an Advance either. But you are right. I changed the title. These games just scream Gamepad.

In that regard...Final Fantasy U would be great too!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Batilion Wars was p. good on wii.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Batilion Wars was p. good on wii.

P.? Maybe I'm to old to understand these abbreviations....

#6 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

P.? Maybe I'm to old to understand these abbreviations....

I think he meant pretty good.

Anyway, I want to see a new Crystal Chronicles made for the Wii U similar in gameplay to the gamecube with online co op. I'd also love to see a full 3D Fire Emblem game. I'm also getting prety curious in SMT X FE. I've never played Advance Wars or Batallion Wars, but I'd love to give one a try on 3DS or Wii U.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, I kind of checked the Battalion Wars games on Gamecube but didn't notice the namechange was for console vs handheld. In that regard its strange that Advance Wars on DS wasn't called DS Wars since it wasn't on an Advance either. But you are right. I changed the title. These games just scream Gamepad.

In that regard...Final Fantasy U would be great too!

Well, the japanese versions were called game boy wars advanced, and the ds versions were called famicom wars DS. There were other differences, the most criminal being they removed Grits Awesomesauce fedora for some lamo cap.

http://tcrf.net/imag..._grit_japan.png

I think they just thought Westerners were too insecure and terrified of change to move past the advance wars name even when irt didnt make sense anymore. Honestly, they were probably right, had they named battailion wars Advance wars wii for example, it would have probably sold more. Being that the excellent title only sold 0.33 million, Im afraid we wont be seeing another entry stateside again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I never played battalion wars, and I'm sure it's good, I've heard nothing but good things, but I'm eager for an Advance wars on either 3ds or wii-u, retaining its same gameplay. 

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

I never played battalion wars, and I'm sure it's good, I've heard nothing but good things, but I'm eager for an Advance wars on either 3ds or wii-u, retaining its same gameplay.

Well, I dont see that happening, because, well, people never bought the earlier releases.

Kind of like how fire emblem awakening was going to be the last in the series if people didnt respond, except instead of being a million seller it just continued into obscurity as people ignored it in favor of games that didnt require thought or effort, and was never released stateside again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Fire Emblem Awakening was a massive success in the west. IS only needed 250k to break even. In it's first couple months in the US it sold 240k and I think overall about 400k towards the end of 2013 in the US alone. Now the game all around has sold 1million copies. It's the most successful game in the entire series. Nintendo rewarded IS for the games success with a new building to themselves.

FEA got me in SRPG's so wish I got into the Advance series when it was around. Should try the games. A Battalion Wars game is still possible if either on 3DS or Wii U Eshop. If not even that if Nintendo ever puts Gamecube games on Wii U and BW becomes a game on there and sells really well the digital sales may get Nintendo's attention to at least consider something with the series.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 February 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Fire Emblem Awakening was a massive success in the west. IS only needed 250k to break even. In it's first couple months in the US it sold 240k and I think overall about 400k towards the end of 2013 in the US alone. Now the game all around has sold 1million copies. It's the most successful game in the entire series. Nintendo rewarded IS for the games success with a new building to themselves.

FEA got me in SRPG's so wish I got into the Advance series when it was around. Should try the games. A Battalion Wars game is still possible if either on 3DS or Wii U Eshop. If not even that if Nintendo ever puts Gamecube games on Wii U and BW becomes a game on there and sells really well the digital sales may get Nintendo's attention to at least consider something with the series.

Yes...

Fire emblem awakening is the million seller that passed the test that was going to end the series in NA if failed.

Advance wars/battalion wars, FAILED the test, and is not likely to be represented in the west again.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!