Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

While Michael Sam has mostly received an outpouring of support since announcing that he is gay, his father is struggling with the news, according to a published report.

Sam revealed to his Missouri teammates he is gay last August, but he didn't disclose his sexual orientation to his parents until last week. He said Sunday in interviews with ESPN's "Outside The Lines" and The New York Times that he is gay.

Michael Sam Sr. told The New York Times that he received the news last Tuesday when his son wrote in a text: "Dad, I'm gay."

Sam's father took the news hard. He said he was eating at a Denny's restaurant but had to leave after receiving the text.

"I couldn't eat no more, so I went to Applebee's to have drinks," Sam Sr. told the newspaper. "I don't want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment."

Sam Sr., who described himself as "old-school," told the newspaper the idea of a gay player in the NFL bothers him, even when that person could be his own son.

http://espn.go.com/n...ng-news-son-gay

Ignorant lol, he should be there for his son. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yes, it's sad some people are such assholes, especially when it comes to their kids.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

POPULAR

I'd be struggling too if my son was in the NFL. :(
Should've made him go to school to learn.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

m7s4eg.jpg

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

I'd be struggling too if my son was in the NFL. :(
Should've made him go to school to learn.

Considering an NFL Player's salary, lol .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Considering an NFL Player's salary, lol .

That only makes sense if you consider your salary as the measure on how good your life is.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

That only makes sense if you consider your salary as the measure on how good your life is.

Everybody loves money. 

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Everybody loves money.

Especially uneducated folk.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Oh come on, this isn't half as bad as other parents. And the son didn't handle it well either, telling over text? Just as awful as breaking up over text.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#10 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Oh come on, this isn't half as bad as other parents. And the son didn't handle it well either, telling over text? Just as awful as breaking up over text.

How is it just as awful? Your sexuality is just a part of who you are, and shouldn't affect your relationship with your parents. But breaking a love relationship you have together with another person affects that person just as much as it affects yourself, because it's something you actually share.

#11 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

How is it just as awful? Your sexuality is just a part of who you are, and shouldn't affect your relationship with your parents. But breaking a love relationship you have together with another person affects that person just as much as it affects yourself, because it's something you actually share.

You said it yourself, it's who you are then you shouldn't tell something this big over a text. As much as he needed to think and talk about it with some one, now does his dad. By telling in person you give the immediate possibility to talk about out, now just dropped a bombshell, no explanation or anything so yes it think it's as awful as breaking up over text.

Furthermore this dad only admitted being bothered by it, he didn't throw his son out or any off the sorts. Understanding is something that doesn't come on the moment off telling, it comes from talking, exploring how the other feels. Then both can understand.

#12 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

You said it yourself, it's who you are then you shouldn't tell something this big over a text. As much as he needed to think and talk about it with some one, now does his dad. By telling in person you give the immediate possibility to talk about out, now just dropped a bombshell, no explanation or anything so yes it think it's as awful as breaking up over text.

Furthermore this dad only admitted being bothered by it, he didn't throw his son out or any off the sorts. Understanding is something that doesn't come on the moment off telling, it comes from talking, exploring how the other feels. Then both can understand.

If you're "bothered" about someone else's sexuality, you're an softshell lizard. If it's your son's sexuality, even more. And if you say you don't "want your grandkids raised in that kind of environment" (whatever that's supposed to mean), you're yet more of an softshell lizard. Now, if you know your dad is that kind of an softshell lizard, there's a contradiction in how you should tell him (because he's your dad, so you probably love him). On one hand, he will, as you say, need some time to let it sink in, and in the end you being gay might actually make him a little less of an softshell lizard. This speaks for telling him in person. On the other hand, he might react in a very disturbing way, so much that you might be scared to tell him in person. This speaks against it. And in the end, your sexuality is really your own business, not your dad's, so you are not morally obliged to choose to tell him in person.

And what is apparently translated to a softshell lizard in this forum, is that opening where processed food exits your body.

#13 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

If you're "bothered" about someone else's sexuality, you're an softshell lizard. If it's your son's sexuality, even more. And if you say you don't "want your grandkids raised in that kind of environment" (whatever that's supposed to mean), you're yet more of an softshell lizard. Now, if you know your dad is that kind of an softshell lizard, there's a contradiction in how you should tell him (because he's your dad, so you probably love him). On one hand, he will, as you say, need some time to let it sink in, and in the end you being gay might actually make him a little less of an softshell lizard. This speaks for telling him in person. On the other hand, he might react in a very disturbing way, so much that you might be scared to tell him in person. This speaks against it. And in the end, your sexuality is really your own business, not your dad's, so you are not morally obliged to choose to tell him in person.

And what is apparently translated to a softshell lizard in this forum, is that opening where processed food exits your body.

softshell lizard?

#14 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

softshell lizard?

Haha! Try to write a word using the letters "a", "s", "s", "h", "o", "l" and "e" in that order, and you'll see that it's translated to "softshell lizard" in the forum!

#15 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

There shouldn't be anything to struggle with. Perhaps no biological grandkids would be an initial disappointment, but easily overlooked. Unless Sam has siblings.

Haha! Try to write a word using the letters "a", "s", "s", "h", "o", "l" and "e" in that order, and you'll see that it's translated to "softshell lizard" in the forum!

The censor's an asshole.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

When I hear of Gay and Football in the same sentence, I think of FIFA

SVikh.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!