E3 2012... most important in histroy for nintendo.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

ok i made a post a while back and a lot of people didnt like my opinion on this subject. i spend a lot of time reading video game news and keeping up with the rumors. 2012 is one of the biggest years in the history of nintendo. lets start with the 3ds. its picking up momentum quickly. my question is what titles will they come out with to combat what the ps vita will be doing. so in 2011 we get mario and mario kart. 2012 we get luigi mansion resident evil and then what? im talking AAA titles built from the ground up for 3ds that not only show the 3d effect but also well rounded development.

ok Wii U what i will say is nintendo's most anticipated console in their history. yes i just said that! so much is still not known about this console. nintendo has stated they want to offically show off the console again at E3 2012. so the rumors i have been reading state microsoft and sony moved up their console launch date to combat the Wii U. so maybe not sony but its very likely microsoft will announce their next console at E3 2012. nintendo has to bring their A+ game. seriously i do think this console will be more about core/mature experience then what the Wii was. Core nintendo players (im one of those) are looking forward to their fist HD console and want something that is a generational leap ahead of ps360.

what are you guys thoughts?

#2 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

i dont think that it will be that much more powerful than the 360 as for launch titles im guessing the launch titles will be already available to the other consoles i dont think wii u will get many exclusive titles from many developers staright away at launch i think they will all wait and see wat happens with sales etc first. expect a wii u sports batman arkam city a couple more titles already available on other systems . wat they need is a metroid or zelda but i dont think u will c them straight off the bat

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

But thats the problem. nintendo has been stating lately they learned a lesson with the 3ds launch. did they really? they need heavy hitters, graphically advanced games to launch. off of what you just stated i dont think Wii U launch will go very well if that was the case.

#4 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Kid Icarus Uprising :D
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

wat could possibly happen is nintendo could be producing a brand new ip to take on the mature market. i big epic 3 game saga i new mascott to take them into the future

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

I kind of doubt that. They already have Metroid and Zelda for "mature" titles, and they'll probably make some of their existing franchises a bit more "mature" to go with the new HD console.

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

I have to agree with NinjaShock on this. However there is a chance that they may release o
a new up that could do that. The presentation of the Wii U will need to be strong.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

I kind of doubt that. They already have Metroid and Zelda for "mature" titles, and they'll probably make some of their existing franchises a bit more "mature" to go with the new HD console.

Why does everyone always forget Eternal Darkness?
As to counter your point about the 3DS failing, keep in mind to Combat the Vita you'll have the first year of the 3DS, plus the games that Nintendo is working on.
As for the WiiU needing more Mature games, Metroid, Zelda, Eternal Darkness are Nintendo's closest thing to "Mature" IPs. If anything, the WiiU could get it's "Mature" games from EA. They have a wide catalog of games and they are loving the WiiU if Peter Moore is to be believed.

Edited by Natural Harmonia Gropius, 19 November 2011 - 07:13 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#9 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Why does everyone always forget Eternal Darkness?
As to counter your point about the 3DS failing, keep in mind to Combat the Vita you'll have the first year of the 3DS, plus the games that Nintendo is working on.
As for the WiiU needing more Mature games, Metroid, Zelda, Eternal Darkness are Nintendo's closest thing to "Mature" IPs. If anything, the WiiU could get it's "Mature" games from EA. They have a wide catalog of games and they are loving the WiiU if Peter Moore is to be believed.

Huh? When did I mention the Vita and 3DS??

#10 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

the fact that silicon knights have dropped a large amount of employees the thought of a eternal darkness 2 sounds like a pipe dream u have to remember eternal darkness was one of the gems that was overlooked back in the cube days. as for zelda its not mature minded but metroid prime and echoes was insanly good. and i feel if they made an epic metroid game hopfuly with something like the cryengine than i think nintendo will have sumthin nintendo need to branch out like say for example nickelodeon and nic. jnr nintendo for the men and a nintendo for the boys!!!

#11 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

We need a new sonic game for the Wii U lolz

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#12 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

I agree 2012 is a defining year for Nintendo. If they screw this launch it would mean another five years of little to no hardcore games. It won't be the end of Nintendo hardware -- they could and will get casual gamers to upgrade throughout it's life. But the Wii U will be defined for gamers in 2012. Is it a port only system? Meaninto are the games released exclusive or ported? Are the exclusive games kiddie or violent? Are they even good? These questions must be answered. And Nintendo better have gAmes that show amazing graphics. Because people will expect it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

I agree 2012 is a defining year for Nintendo. If they screw this launch it would mean another five years of little to no hardcore games. It won't be the end of Nintendo hardware -- they could and will get casual gamers to upgrade throughout it's life. But the Wii U will be defined for gamers in 2012. Is it a port only system? Meaninto are the games released exclusive or ported? Are the exclusive games kiddie or violent? Are they even good? These questions must be answered. And Nintendo better have gAmes that show amazing graphics. Because people will expect it.

i totally agree with you. people and nintendo have to understand their fans have grown up. yes i want zelda, f-zero and their first party games. but if im in the mood to play GTA i dont want to have to buy another console just to do that.

Edited by TRON, 20 November 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

i totally agree with you. people and nintendo have to understand their fans have grown up. yes i want zelda, f-zero and their first party games. but if im in the mood to play GTA i dont want to have to buy another console just to do that.

On the other hand, fans have to understand that they're not the only generation. What's the point of catering to only fans when you'll be left with much fewer as their lives get busier?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Huh? When did I mention the Vita and 3DS??

I was talking to tron during that point, not you. Sorry

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#16 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

On the other hand, fans have to understand that they're not the only generation. What's the point of catering to only fans when you'll be left with much fewer as their lives get busier?

dont understand your point. all i will say is if nintendo doesnt do right by third party developers and dont put the big hitters on the wii u... it wont be successful. the wii was a once in lifetime situation. it wont happen again.

#17 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

i think if sony and xbox revealed a console now i wudnt be as worries knowing that they havnt worries ne that wii u will b out of date wen they do come out

#18 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I think that the wii U will be an uter failure or a completely awesome gaming device. Also the sales probubly won't go up untill the other nex gen counsles come out because they will notice that they don't have anything better but this works both ways. So really I think that this will be a kick butt counsle or end up in the trash like the Virtual Boy.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#19 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

dont understand your point. all i will say is if nintendo doesnt do right by third party developers and dont put the big hitters on the wii u... it wont be successful. the wii was a once in lifetime situation. it wont happen again.

You said that their fans have grown up, but the fact of the matter is that new potential fans are... uhhh... 'made' every day.
'Hardcore' titles aren't really necessary at all, and, as a matter of fact, keeping the good memorable classic franchises alive is just as, if not more, important. Someone who becomes a fan as a child is much more likely to be a fan when they're older.

Why do you think many older gamers still buy pokemon to this day, despite the fact that it is commonly regarded as a kids game? (Hint: Being a solid RPG is only half of it.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

You said that their fans have grown up, but the fact of the matter is that new potential fans are... uhhh... 'made' every day.
'Hardcore' titles aren't really necessary at all, and, as a matter of fact, keeping the good memorable classic franchises alive is just as, if not more, important. Someone who becomes a fan as a child is much more likely to be a fan when they're older.

Why do you think many older gamers still buy pokemon to this day, despite the fact that it is commonly regarded as a kids game? (Hint: Being a solid RPG is only half of it.)

all im saying is a lot of fans have left nintendo console due to not having mature games. they mature games that it. im not going to buy a Wii U and then it not get third party games i want to play for whatever reason and have to buy another console. its not even just the fans its the developers also. developers were pissed that they didnt get to put their games on Wii because of inferior hardware and nintendo wanting to keep their console family friendly. rumors suggest this wont happen with Wii U but we will see.

all im saying is a lot of fans have left nintendo console due to not having mature games. im not going to buy a Wii U and then it not get third party games i want to play for whatever reason and have to buy another console. its not even just the fans its the developers also. developers were pissed that they didnt get to put their games on Wii because of inferior hardware and nintendo wanting to keep their console family friendly. rumors suggest this wont happen with Wii U but we will see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!