• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Hey sorry I know there was a thread for this, but it was in the WiiU games thread. The game has been cancelled for WiiU but I figured since it's about to come out people might want to talk about it for the consoles it's out on (PS3/XBOX I think, unless it's next-gen and I'm stupid). I might get it because I think it's a unique kind of game, mixing slapstick comedy and JRPG style. Anyone else?

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I probably wait for the XBO/PS4 version. I don't have PS3/360. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think I'm waay too old for this game, I watched a few minutes of a let's play and it was embarrassing to watch. It does seem to be very faithful to the show though, so there's that! ^^

#4 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Of course it's not coming to the Wii U. They want to make a profit on the game, not a loss.

#5 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Downloaded it for my PC yesterday, I don't always like the series but the game is amazing amounts of fun

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Not been a big fan of South Park since the late 90's. I saw a quick look and has the humor and look. RPG mechanics looked rather basic. So a question to any who have gotten the game and many hours in. Does the novelty of it being South Park and if so does the gameplay get a little boring/tedious at that point?  I kinda want to get this game when it's super duper cheap but even then want to know if the game keeps your interest all the way through. I still have nostalgia over the N64 game despite how terrible it was and not played a South Park game since.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Of course it's not coming to the Wii U. They want to make a profit on the game, not a loss.

You're in HERO MODE now I see.

It's not coming to current gen consoles, they started back when THQ were a thing after all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Not been a big fan of South Park since the late 90's. I saw a quick look and has the humor and look. RPG mechanics looked rather basic. So a question to any who have gotten the game and many hours in. Does the novelty of it being South Park and if so does the gameplay get a little boring/tedious at that point?  I kinda want to get this game when it's super duper cheap but even then want to know if the game keeps your interest all the way through. I still have nostalgia over the N64 game despite how terrible it was and not played a South Park game since.

The game is filled with nods to the series and long time fans, it's great fun. I've spent hours exploring the town not even playing the main story. I must say that collecting the chinpokomon is fun butt the fart jokes are getting tedious. I'd say watch TB's WTF is, it gives you 40 min of gameplay with good coments about why it's good/bad.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Being a fan of Southpark I'll probably pick it up when it's a little bit cheaper. Looks great from what I've seen though! ^_^

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Cancelled for Wii U? I don't think the game was even announced for Wii U. Regardless, I've seen some gameplay and it looks fun and funny. Might pick it up during a Steam sale.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Cancelled for Wii U? I don't think the game was even announced for Wii U. Regardless, I've seen some gameplay and it looks fun and funny. Might pick it up during a Steam sale.

I don't think it has been announced for ANY current gen consoles. I hope it gets ported to Wii U and uses the gamepad though

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I must say that collecting the chinpokomon is fun butt the fart jokes are getting tedious.

Oh you.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

The game is only available on 360, PS3 and PC. I'm buying it for PC on Friday.

Bring the noise.

#14 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, I will definitely get this game. Just not sure when.

#15 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

When you can afford it.

Bring the noise.

#16 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

When you can afford it.

I can afford it, but there are other games I'm going to buy first.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Get it when it goes on sale on Steam.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

I don't really like South Park.

Not my kinda game.

#19 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

I can afford it, but there are other games I'm going to buy first.

Fair enough, I for one am going to buy it in GAME tomorrow.

Bring the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!