Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Self righteous arrogance

No, people have completely ridiculously arrogant stances on subject they clearly don't know balls about.

I have. My little cousin watches it. 

I know you said people watching it is whatever, you were quoted for saying people dressing up etc. is pathetic.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

No, people have completely ridiculously arrogant stances on subject they clearly don't know balls about.

Why don't you form a government group then to govern how people think.
2081 is a better movie than 1984, and it's about 10 times shorter.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I got accused of hate. In order to hate I would have to care. I don't get it but I don't care to get it or not nor care to like or dislike.

I live under a proverbeal rock on most things today anway and this is just another thing that make me stay in my own world because it doesn't pertain to anything I want to be a part of. I'm on borrowed time and I'm not wasting it on hating things I'm not interested in. I only focus on my passions and what interests me alone. Every so often I go outside that box to take a peak and every time I find no reason to keep looking but I just get curious once in a blue moon.

So no need to blow your lid and throw a rant post on accusing people of hatred. 

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Why don't you form a government group then to govern how people think.
2081 is a better movie than 1984, and it's about 10 times shorter.

Explain to me how trying to argue about a subject you know nothing about with someone who knows practically evertything about it isn't a not good course of action.

I think it would make for a great example proving my argument.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Explain to me how trying to argue about a subject you know nothing about with someone who knows practically evertything about it isn't a not good course of action.
I think it would make for a great example proving my argument.

Because she can't know everything about it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I got accused of hate. In order to hate I would have to care. I don't get it but I don't care to get it or not nor care to like or dislike.

I live under a proverbeal rock on most things today anway and this is just another thing that make me stay in my own world because it doesn't pertain to anything I want to be a part of. I'm on borrowed time and I'm not wasting it on hating things I'm not interested in. I only focus on my passions and what interests me alone. Every so often I go outside that box to take a peak and every time I find no reason to keep looking but I just get curious once in a blue moon.

So no need to blow your lid and throw a rant post on accusing people of hatred. 

I got the impression your post was in referal to MLP hating like the others. My mistake if it wasn't. I'm sorry I lumped you in with the others, it was wrong of me to do so (seriously).

I'm blowing my lid because I've been refraining from blowing my lid for about a week now, and I'm, quite frankly, tired of it.

Because she can't know everything about it.

So if you know nothing about a subject, it's a good idea to debate someone who knows practically everything about a subject, because "she can't know everything about it". So in other words you complete absence of knowledge somehow indefinitely trumps that other persons knowledge just because they don't know everything. Hm. Makes sense.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

So if you know nothing about a subject, it's a good idea to debate someone who knows practically everything about a subject, because "she can't know everything about it". So in other words you complete absence of knowledge somehow indefinitely trumps that other persons knowledge just because they don't know everything. Hm. Makes sense.

I didn't comment on the knowing nothing part.
A different viewpoint is always enjoyable.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'd have to disagree. There are very few people who find every different viewpoint enjoyable.

In fact, even I don't find EVERY viewpoint enjoyable.

I don't even...

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'd have to disagree. There are very few people who find every different viewpoint enjoyable.
In fact, even I don't find EVERY viewpoint enjoyable.

o-ho!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

No one enjoys an uneducated viewpoint except uneducated people. For examples see: Patcher, EA, and every other Micorsoft and Sony fanboy talking about Nintendo.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Hey Nollog.

Better or not, it's different.

Not at all. All fandoms are the same.

I might be over-thinking this post, but it appears to me that you might be trying to prove a point, and using Mario, a game designed for young teenage boys, is comparable to a cartoon called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", which is designed for young girls aged 6-11.

No, I was calling everyone a hypocrite for complaining about a fandom for their extreme content while remaining silent about the extreme content of their own fandom.

How do you manage to quote me 10 times and still fail to comprehend what I was saying?

society views children, particularly girls aged 6-11 to be much more at risk of men aged 25-40.

Of course it does.

But a 25 year old man watching a children's cartoon doesn't imply that said man is looking to do harm to children. That's just silly.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#32 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hey Nollog.

No, I was calling everyone a hypocrite for complaining about a fandom for their extreme content while remaining silent about the extreme content of their own fandom.

How do you manage to quote me 10 times and still fail to comprehend what I was saying?

Of course it does.

But a 25 year old man watching a children's cartoon doesn't imply that said man is looking to do harm to children. That's just silly.

Not all fandoms are the same. The My Little Pony fandom defnitely attracts a higher percentage of artistic personalitites for example (which is part of the reason there is so much clop content out there).

@what Nollog said about it be for 6-11 year old girls (too lazy o find his post and quote)

Lauren Faust the creator has stated several times it was always intended to be something all ages could enjoy. Since the brony fandom has grown so large, the show does more and more to appeal to and please to older fans.

Also if every brony who watches my little pony was a pedophile, eck if 1/10 of the who watch mlp are, then there would be a LOT more kidnapping and child molestation going on. The fandom was at least 12 million strong 1 or 2 years ago.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Hey Nollog.

hey doll.

>not all fandoms are the same

I was calling everyone a hypocrite for complaining about a fandom for their extreme content while remaining silent about the extreme content of their own fandom.

>all fandoms are the same

Can anyone, when the example above is highlighted for you?

It's more of a danger that if it's popular, it can be mis-used by people.
I think bronies should go out of their way to eject people who are dangerous to children from their society.
The onus is on them to keep their name out of the gutter, so far they haven't done a good job.

@what Nollog said about it be for 6-11 year old girls (too lazy o find his post and quote)
Lauren Faust the creator has stated several times it was always intended to be something all ages could enjoy. Since the brony fandom has grown so large, the show does more and more to appeal to and please to older fans.

lol.

Edited by Nollog, 12 March 2014 - 03:04 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:58 AM