Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

1. Single moms are the problem. Only 9 percent of low-income, urban moms have been single throughout their child's first five years. Thirty-five percent were married to, or in a relationship with, the child's father for that entire time.*

2. Absent dads are the problem. Sixty percent of low-income dads see at least one of their children daily. Another 16 percent see their children weekly.*

3. Black dads are the problem. Among men who don't live with their children, black fathers are more likely than white or Hispanic dads to have a daily presence in their kids' lives.

4. Poor people are lazy. In 2004, there was at least one adult with a job in 60 percent of families on food stamps that had both kids and a nondisabled, working-age adult.

5. If you're not officially poor, you're doing okay. The federal poverty line for a family of two parents and two children in 2012 was $23,283. Basic needs cost at least twice that in 615 of America's cities and regions.

6. Go to college, get out of poverty. In 2012, about 1.1 million people who made less than $25,000 a year, worked full time, and were heads of household had a bachelor's degree.**

7. We're winning the war on poverty. The number of households with children living on less than $2 a day per person has grown 160 percent since 1996, to 1.65 million families in 2011.

8. The days of old ladies eating cat food are over. The share of elderly single women living in extreme poverty jumped 31 percent from 2011 to 2012.

9. The homeless are drunk street people. One in 45 kids in the United States experiences homelessness each year. In New York City alone, 22,000 children are homeless.

10. Handouts are bankrupting us. In 2012, total welfare funding was 0.47 percent of the federal budget.

http://m.motherjones...ty-myths-busted

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Can't let you do that, facts.

The 1% has ordered us to take you down.

pNgecl.gif

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Edit: I'm stupid and didn't read the thread properly. Well done me... well done.

Edited by Chrop, 27 March 2014 - 08:50 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

People living below the poverty line don't always live like rainbow either. Some live in nice  apartments and find a way to live fairly comfy. Mainly speaking of people in assisted living.

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

3. Black dads are the problem. 

Wow... racist much. 

"Analysis by Dr. Laura Tach", Wouldn't you know it, I googled her and she's white, freaking racist. 

wait what? did you read the second half?  "Among men who don't live with their children, black fathers are more likely than white or Hispanic dads to have a daily presence in their kids' lives."

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Wow... racist much. 

"Analysis by Dr. Laura Tach", Wouldn't you know it, I googled her and she's white, freaking racist. 

I'm not sure if you're joking...

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Wow... racist much.

This article is about debunking the myths surrounding poverty. "Black dads are the problem" is the myth and dr laura tach is providing evidence that it isnt true.

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

You forgot: 11. Zinix isn't actually homeless

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

You forgot: 11. Zinix isn't actually homeless

So "Zinix isn't actually homeless" is the myth?  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

1_123125_123073_2279751_2279752_110107_e

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!