• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sojiro32

Sojiro32

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

I am sure this topic has been beat into the ground but I made an account just to post anyway.

Shame on you Nintendo. This is the best little console I have bought so far. I own a PS4, Xbox one and now a Wii U and the Wii U is hands down by far the most nostalgic and most fun. PS4 was great but Wii u is just unbelievably fun.

So you can imagine the bad taste that was left in my mouth when my friend (who was debating on buying a Wii U) just asked me if it could do online multiplayer.

Ugh... I can safely say Nintendo would have won the console war by miles if they would have implemented this. I just assumed, in this gen, there is no way they would have not done this. I stand corrected. Unbelievable fail. Fail of epic proportions.

I still love my Wii U but it's shocking for me to here Nintendo banter on wondering why their brilliant little console hasn't sold better. Really?! This is a mystery to you guys?!

Long time fan. I will always love these games but until you guys implement online multiplayer this console is going to continue to drag.

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

Uh....the Wii U has online multiplayer. The crap are you talking about? O_o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden, Monster Hunter, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Splinter Cell, Need for Speed...

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Yeah dude wiiu has online M but it's just a matter of people not buying the system so the games are empty.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

It does have online multiplayer?

Unless you're talking about the few first party games that don't have multiplayer then yes you're right. But there's a ton of games that do, Even Mario kart 8 and Smash Bros are getting online.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

I am sure this topic has been beat into the ground but I made an account just to post anyway.

Shame on you Nintendo. This is the best little console I have bought so far. I own a PS4, Xbox one and now a Wii U and the Wii U is hands down by far the most nostalgic and most fun. PS4 was great but Wii u is just unbelievably fun.

So you can imagine the bad taste that was left in my mouth when my friend (who was debating on buying a Wii U) just asked me if it could do online multiplayer.

Ugh... I can safely say Nintendo would have won the console war by miles if they would have implemented this. I just assumed, in this gen, there is no way they would have not done this. I stand corrected. Unbelievable fail. Fail of epic proportions.

I still love my Wii U but it's shocking for me to here Nintendo banter on wondering why their brilliant little console hasn't sold better. Really?! This is a mystery to you guys?!

Long time fan. I will always love these games but until you guys implement online multiplayer this console is going to continue to drag.

giphy.gif

Reminds me when someone from EA said, Wii U isn't really an online console... yet when you boot up this is the first thing you are greeted with

img_warawara.jpg

Here is just a list of 7 games offering online multiplayer... (old list)

http://voices.yahoo....r-12036757.html

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

It is online, but Nintendo just took it in its own way that's different from its competitors, as they usually do.

In other words, I love you

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

facepalm 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

pNgecl.gif

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

iDJMUvxpSC6DH.jpg

#11 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

7MTZIYb.gif

Can't... Take... It...

Too... Much... Ignorance...

Edited by MatrixChicken, 10 April 2014 - 03:09 PM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

I think he's referring to having equal multiplayer on the Wii U compared to other consoles. Some are missing DLC, some are just straight missing the multiplayer. Whether it adds value or a bad practice doesn't matter; the fact is the Wii U is getting shrimped big time. People who want online multiplayer don't want to know they bought the nerfed version.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Got news for ya all versions are nerfed anymore.

irrrEf9ByCtkw.jpg

People should stop feeding this monster as well.

#14 Sojiro32

Sojiro32

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

The system itself does not have an online party system so most games don't have online multiplayer.

Can't believe how many fanboys just jumped my carp crap. Wow.

None of the Mario games have online multiplayer. Super smash will and that's only because the Devs are incorporating it right into the game.

You guys are morons honestly.

The only reason cod and the multi-platform games do have it is because the Devs built it into the game which means extra resources were needed to build that functionality which totally takes away from what could have been allocated to the game. Stupidity abounds here I guess.

#15 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

The system itself does not have an online party system so most games don't have online multiplayer.

Can't believe how many fanboys just jumped my carp crap. Wow.

None of the Mario games have online multiplayer. Super smash will and that's only because the Devs are incorporating it right into the game.

You guys are morons honestly.

The only reason cod and the multi-platform games do have it is because the Devs built it into the game which means extra resources were needed to build that functionality which totally takes away from what could have been allocated to the game. Stupidity abounds here I guess.

Calm down.

You just worded it badly, making it sound like you were saying that the Wii U has no online multiplayer at all, which is just not true.

And as for the last paragraph I have no idea what you're talking about, of course devs have to build online into their games for all systems...

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#16 Sojiro32

Sojiro32

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Devs aren't forced to build a party system into xbox one, 360 or PS3 (this was ps3's biggest failing besides making it just horrible to code on). It already exists on the console. And everyone knew what I was talking about there is like a thousand articles on the web about how Nintendo decided not too because it was too much of a gamble and too expensive. They took the easy road and their sales have suffered for it.

Devs for games like the Mario games aren't going to put so much extra work into making an online multiplayer when they have to build it all from scratch.

Correction PS4

And isn't it a little ironic how GameStop is expecting to sell so many wii u consoles when super smash drops?? Case and point.

#17 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

7MTZIYb.gif

Can't... Take... It...

Too... Much... Ignorance...

Sakurai is the man...he could do every direct that i would not mind :)

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#18 Sojiro32

Sojiro32

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Think about this. If Nintendo would have implemented an online party system on the console that Devs could have taken advantage of all the Mario games, party games and donkey kong and all that could have had online multiplayer.

Also they could have easily done multi online for virtual console game!!!!. Street fighter, double dragon. New GBA games?? Could have had multi. This could have been an absolute smash and sold so many consoles it's stupid. I would pay out my butthole for that.

I just can't rationalize paying 8$ for games like alien wars on SNES that I already own. But if I knew I could jump on there and play contra games online with other people or my friends from NC I would totally pay the $8. I would even pay for an online subscription to Nintendo. They could have done P2P too so it's not like they would have had to make a super expensive dedi network.

So ya I think they were short sighted and missed an insane opportunity to make a killing off of old and new games just by implementing online party system inherent to the console.

#19 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Mario, dk and other platformers don't work with online mp. This has been clarified on this forum on multiple occasions, what would you even do with mario online mp? Besides that the point of the vc is to enjoy old classic games as they were, not to remaster and release them. I haven 't played in the snes days so I enjoy playing these games as they were intended.

And Nintendo is short sighted for not making money off of old games? I find them honnorable for offering their old games for those who haven't played them at a low price, without raising it because they put in some useless crap. You know that money isn't everything now do you.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#20 Sojiro32

Sojiro32

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

I don't even know what to say. Are you just trolling because your that much of a fan boy or are you really this dense. Is anyone really this dense? I am finding that hard to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!