Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

California woman says a Subway restaurant worker was a flat-out bully when he wrote a tasteless fat jab on her flatbread pizza order, reducing her to tears.

She now plans to file a lawsuit demanding that sensitivity training be a part of the chain's franchise agreements, she and her lawyer told the Daily News Friday.

Allison Brown said she was mortified when she pulled her order out of her bag on March 27 and saw the words "Big Mama" scrawled on her box in black marker.

"I just broke down crying. I couldn't eat it. I kept thinking, 'Big Mama' doesn't need to eat. It started really messing with me. I started thinking, 'Maybe I need surgery. Do I really look that bad? What's wrong with me?'"

Brown, a 45-year-old nursing assistant from Murrieta, Calif., said she immediately contacted the shop's owner and was told the employee admitted writing the cruel remark, but countered that he only wrote it on one of her boxes, not all the items in her family's order.

"The owner said the employee didn't know better, that he just didn't get it," Brown told The News. "He begged me not to go to the media, so I tried to work with him, but then nobody was calling me back. It's not right. This really hurt me."

Brown said she called Subway's corporate office the next day and cried through a message that was never returned. She felt the issue was getting swept under the mat, she said.

Eventually she had a lawyer send a letter demanding sensitivity training, not money. She turned down an offer of $5,000 for a confidentiality agreement and now plans to file a lawsuit under California's unfair business practices law, her lawyer Daniel Gilleon told The News.

"This isn't about money," she said Friday. "This breaks my heart. Here Subway promotes itself as a place for people who need help eating better, then this happens. What if the wrong person got a box like mine? What if they saw that and tried to commit suicide?"

Gilleon said a letter sent by Subway's corporate office this week refused to take any responsibility for the issue. He now plans to file the lawsuit in the next few weeks, he said.

http://www.nydailyne...9#ixzz2ypBHhSCW

Big Mama.

I'm dead. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

They sell pizza now? WTF

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm not saying they should have done it but isn't she being a little over sensitive? I'm a big person my self and I can't say that would have really upset me if anything it would have made me laugh. Whatever though more power to her I guess. Also Flatizzas aren't going to help you loose weight they're just as bad for you as normal pizza. So don't act like you're going there to try and loose weight or anything.

Edited by Sage, 15 April 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#4 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Pshh, that's a pathetic attempt at humor.I would have handled it completely differently.

As I handed her the food, I would have said, "Hi, sorry about your wait."

Not really, it's rather ironic that this would happen in a Subway.

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 15 April 2014 - 09:32 AM.

I don't even...

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

inb4 it was written there as a reminder for an employee to meet up at a resturant named "Big Mama's"

also OVER-REACTION

Edited by Abcdude, 15 April 2014 - 09:45 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Meh. If you're really trying to lose weight, go buy some cabbage and eat that. The employee shouldn't have written that, but there's no need to sue.

Maybe I'm just used to it since my family is constantly making fun of my weight...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

She isnt that big so idk why they wrote that.

Either way they shouldnt write anything on it but the person names if there line is back up.

And i understand its like if someone wrote something sexes or racists.

And if the employ would of came forward and said he is sorry and explain himself. Subway might not be getting sued.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

I've never seen Subway sell pizzas. Is it a 'Murica thing?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

I've never seen Subway sell pizzas. Is it a 'Murica thing?

Yeah I'm confused as well. It's been a month since I went there but I only get sandwiches because you know healthier and all.

Then again Pizza is considered to be a Vegetable by US congress so I guess derp this healthy.

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Bigmama.png

She should be honored

#11 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

i laughed harder than i probably should have.

maybe the extra yoga mat chemical now that subway stopped putting it in their bread can go towards her doing yoga and losing weight. ba dum tssssssssssssssssss

Edited by KingBoo, 15 April 2014 - 02:54 PM.

bb0.gif

#12 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

The Subways I'm aware of sell pizzas, I think. Never had one.

I don't even...

#13 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yes they just started selling them they are called Flatizzas. It's just pizza on flat bread it's pretty stupid.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Going to subway for pizza is like going to a Macdonalds for a Taco or Salad.

Hang on a second let me go to walmart to get a Tuxedo.

Edited by Ryudo, 15 April 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#15 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

All it is, is trying to reach a bigger consumer base and get more money that's all it is and it's a pretty poor attempt. It's like every restaurant trying to do breakfast now.

#16 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Yes they just started selling them they are called Flatizzas. It's just pizza on flat bread it's pretty stupid.

Where I live they've offered pizza for at least five years, and the Flatizza is different. The pizzas that they serve are personal pan pizzas like those you would get from a Pizza Hut Express. They're premade.

There isn't really anything I eat at Subway, so when we'd go there I'd get them... They were pretty good for a while, but now I just can't eat them anymore.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Employee should be disciplined.

Not the entire Subway chain sued.

However, since the employee wasn't disciplined and not only the store manager, but even corporate ignored her, I think her suit has merit.

On a side note, she should kinda be glad. That may have been a wake up call. Time to get serious about weight loss. Most people won't tell her she looks like a walrus. Even if they think so. And she may be under a false sense of "I'm not really that fat." Etc. sometimes it takes a rattling to realize "whoa. It's real. And I need to do something about it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!