Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • NNID:Lonnie
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_cart.jpg

Now I know they did a new version for the Wii, but I am not happy with it. I missed this game and if any game they were to bring back I think it should be this one. There was this cowboy game you would play. I think they shoot stuff and ride horses its an old game but I can't remember if it was on the NES or Super Nintendo.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Played it as a kid and loved it. Play it now the game is freaking HORRIBLE! Ok Nice music  and nice visuals for NES but the level design is often pointless and not hard in the awesome challenge sense but just horrendous design sense. Konami really really f'd up the first round and got it right after that with the future TMNT games.

Like the game was not balanced at all. Raph was useless and Mike was not much better. Don was the only useful one. Also you go in one area only to fight enemies to lose half your life get half a shell to refill your life but lose that half again to get out and this is required to get to the next area. Then top it off next area gives you a bullet hell of random pattern enemies everywhere. If you can get through that then it's the water level. None of the enemies are even from the show!  There is hard games based on good design and challenge and then there is a broken mess and TMNT on NES is a broken mess. Keep the nostalgia don't play the game now. I played it all the time as a kid but replayed it recently. It sucks. Oh god does it suck.

Retro City Rampage homage to the game did a better job.

Edited by DreamCat, 23 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

Don't worry, it's just a mask...

see?

794144.png?13383682

#4 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

man i loved this game. it was tough for a 10 year old. i dont even wanna imagine what the water / dam level would be like now if i played it again.

loving the new cartoons, hope there is something coming along those lines, but i fear it will be based on the Michael Bay movie.

#5 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

awesome game! ridiculously hard!

#6 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'd love to see TMNT come back.

But my #1 game I want to see is Donkey Kong Country. My SNES broke and I never got around to beating it when I was younger :(

#7 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Xardion needs to get on the virtual console ASAP

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by iEatTacos, 25 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#8 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_cart.jpg

Now I know they did a new version for the Wii, but I am not happy with it. I missed this game and if any game they were to bring back I think it should be this one. There was this cowboy game you would play. I think they shoot stuff and ride horses its an old game but I can't remember if it was on the NES or Super Nintendo.

Cowboy game would you by chance mean gun smoke?

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

TMNT NES was on the Wii Virtual Console since around 2007. But then it got pulled around two years ago because of copyright stuff (probably the Nickelodeon buyout or an expired license). Since there really aren't many licensed Virtual Console games out there (no Capcom-Disney games which is a shame), I wouldn't imagine seeing the TMNT NES and SNES games on Wii U.

#10 Lonnie

Lonnie

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Cowboy game would you by chance mean gun smoke?

No it wasn't that I am going to assume it was super nintendo, I think I saw it as an arcade too. Multiplayer the player would ride their horses around the trains and stuff. 

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

I know this isn't about TMNT, but why didn't they ever put the NES Zapper or Super Scope games on the Wii Virtual Console? That just makes too much sense with the pointer controls.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

No it wasn't that I am going to assume it was super nintendo, I think I saw it as an arcade too. Multiplayer the player would ride their horses around the trains and stuff.

Gun smoke was nes. Hmm can't really think of any other western type games I'm sure there had to be a few I'll have to check.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Sunset Riders?

#14 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

http://en.wikipedia....tendo_World_Cup

Have not played it for maybe 25 year but would like to try it. Also, it always felt like first party yet it is not.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

Sunset Riders?

I remember playing that in arcades!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 Lonnie

Lonnie

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

No I think it was for the SNES I remember riding horses and hopping on trains I think.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

No I think it was for the SNES I remember riding horses and hopping on trains I think.

wild guns?

tin star?

Edited by DreamCat, 07 May 2014 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!