Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Comes out this August. Looks better than that dudebro Resident Evil & Silent Hill Capcom and Konami pushes out every year. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Looks like all the worst parts of recent horror games, 6/10 material that will be IGN'd to 12/10 until next year when the truth will hit people.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

To be honest the gameplay just looks old and the art style looks dated too. Looking at the Last of Us and looking at this game and it just feels like a whole other era is trying to stay relevant.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Mikami is great but this isn't looking so hot then again anything bethseda is pretty bad. Indie horror game skinda picked up where AAA fell off. Still kinda bummed that 2d remake of Clocktower for Wii never released or Winter on Wii. Hope the game is good. Love horror

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Mikami is great but this isn't looking so hot then again anything bethseda is pretty bad. Indie horror game skinda picked up where AAA fell off. Still kinda bummed that 2d remake of Clocktower for Wii never released or Winter on Wii. Hope the game is good. Love horror

They made Skyrim bro.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

They made Skyrim bro.

Exactly.

Edited by DreamCat, 26 April 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#7 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Cant wait for this game. Is it for Wii U aswell?

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

looks like older resedent evil games. its made by the original resident evil guys so that isnt a surprise. looks bad graphicly, Will wait and see on the gameplay. 

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Looks pretty freaky-deeky

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

HA! Oh wait that was a serious question?  

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Been super stoked about this game for awhile. Buying it at launch

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

To be honest the gameplay just looks old and the art style looks dated too. Looking at the Last of Us and looking at this game and it just feels like a whole other era is trying to stay relevant.

Last of us wasn't horror was it?

Seemed more like pedo with the 7 year old girl saying rainbow and stuff with the 80 year old man to me.

... and some disfigured people.

A shooter-adventure isn't a horror game.

lololololololololololololol

A third party game on a Nintendo console without Nintendo paying for publishing it?
No.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Why was the extended gameplay trailer composed nearly entirely of cutscenes?

I understand what Mikami is trying to do here, shadow over innsmouth, with saw like over the top murder machine shenanigans, but from what ive seen, its just not working for me. Maybe its because anything and everything Saw does strikes me as stupid, and thus by association I dont like what I see here.

I also dont know if these selected trailers and demo playthoughs are giving a decent impression of the game.

But from what Im getting from this:

The game is entirely too cinematic, almost every time something goes bump, or a shadow is seen, or a window is passed, the game rips control out of the players hand zooms in, and focuses on the little cutscene. Absolutely unnacceptable, I find this a bad practice in general, but for a horror game, this is one of the deadly sins you should never commit. Half life style handling of of these things is the way to go for these scares (As performed in horror style via call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth), especially the subtle ones. You cant be so worried about the player missing your cool subtle stuff that you rip control away from them and force them to watch it. Now youve lost the art of subtlety, and youve gone from horror game, to borer game, walking around boring hallways with nothing to do or look at until the next cutscene shoves your face into the next obstacle you must kill/run from.

The game world is meaningless by design. The game world is entirely meaningless from what these clips have shown me. Its empty corridors, or goofy saw style murder contraptions, and anything remotely interesting is wrested away from player control and shown in cutscenes. Game world is one of the most important factors of ANY game, but it is incredibly important for survival horror, which is a subgenre of the adventure genre. You absolutely have to have a rockin world to explore with interesting things to do in it, to interact with, in a horror game. All the best horror games do this. Silent Hill 2 was particularly fantastic with this. So was the first 2 resident evils, and REmake.

This just doesnt strike me as a scary game. It strikes me as an action game with monsters, with over the top gruesome cutscenes every couple minutes. This is splatter horror. Which is most likely PRECISELY what Mikami was going for (makes sense, he was going for cheesy b movie horror with the original resident evils). And in that regaurd, he totally 100% succeeded. This looks, and feels like splatter horror the game to me. Unfortunately, I cant stand splatter horror. The lack of sublety and substance errodes the impact of its gratuitious voilence and ultimately does nothing for me but make me painfully aware of the fact im looking at disguised watermelons filled with raw hamburger being smashed open.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Looks decent to me.

It's developed by Tango Gameworks made up of former staff from Platinum, Capcom and other studios. Could be great.

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

"We need to make a scary game!"

"Ok, put blood all over the walls, and a big guy should chase you with a chainsaw."  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Last of us wasn't horror was it?

Seemed more like pedo with the 7 year old girl saying rainbow and stuff with the 80 year old man to me.

... and some disfigured people.

A shooter-adventure isn't a horror game.

lololololololololololololol

A third party game on a Nintendo console without Nintendo paying for publishing it?
No.

Ok just wondered since I'm on a wiiu forum.

Zombie U only horror on the Wii U?

Edited by EskobarM92, 27 April 2014 - 10:17 AM.

Eskobar+M92.png

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

is zombi u even horror?
It's a zombie action/survival imo

all the "horror" games being made now are shooter, and those aren't on the wii u so much as they need all the teraflops and googosmoogens of the p4 and the x1 can onyl do 696p!!! lamerz booorn!!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

is zombi u even horror?
It's a zombie action/survival imo

all the "horror" games being made now are shooter, and those aren't on the wii u so much as they need all the teraflops and googosmoogens of the p4 and the x1 can onyl do 696p!!! lamerz booorn!!

Ok I'll stick to my Gamecube for the horror games. I hope they bring out more horror in the future.

Im ok with some shooter/horror games like Dead Space 3. Better than nothing I guess.

Evil Within on preorder Xbox One.

Eskobar+M92.png

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

This actually looks decent to me but seriously:

>A guy changing you with a chainsaw
>Zombie-like enemies with torches entering through the windows where you have to fight them off in a small building

That's too blatantly ripped off from  RE4.

No sig.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

This actually looks decent to me but seriously:

>A guy changing you with a chainsaw
>Zombie-like enemies with torches entering through the windows where you have to fight them off in a small building
That's too blatantly ripped off from  RE4.

This is from the guy who CREATED resident evil, and his last game before he
quit capcom WAS re4.

You are saying he is ripping himself off.

Unless you count the wii's horror library, yeah, Zombi u is the only horror game on the system.

It will soon be joined by fatal frame 5 though.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!