Photo

Your Favorite Of Link's Companions.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Companions (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Companion

1. Navi (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. Tatl (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. King Of Red Lions (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

4. Midna (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

5. Ciela & Linebeck (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Zelda from Spirit Tracks (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Eslo (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Fi (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

9. Others (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

So, I've been talking about Zelda quite a bit so I thought since Fi is the newest of Link's companion that I should ask over the years who was your favorite of them all.

My favorite is definitely The King Of Red Lions. He saves Link from drowning in the ocean takes him to Windfall and then asks him if he still wants to save his sister then gives him the backstory as to what he has to do to save her. He helps Link sail across a vast ocean gives him some helpful hints along the way but he's never intrusive upon the story. There are very few times where he uses the Gossip stone to halt Link to tell him the obvious and most of the time he knows that Link is capable enough that he doesn't need to be constantly tormented with facts and trivia or need to be told what to do next. He also is a pretty sad character and in the end he gives up what little life he had remaining and his entire kingdom to save Link and Tetra and make sure that Ganon and relics of the past are buried under the sea for good. My second and third and fourth favorite probably go Linebeck because he's pretty funny. I can't say number 3 just yet and the fourth are the fairies. Mostly Navi and Tatl as I didn't care much for Ciela. As for Midna which seems to be a lot of peoples favorite I'm not very fond of her. She's really just bugs me some times. I don't want to go into detail as a lot of people Like her and I don't want to make anyone mad so I'll just end it here and wait for the responses.

Edited by Garolymar, 05 December 2011 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

i expected navi to get the most, followed by king of red lions but im happy its turning out the way it is, you feel much more like the king is a friend unlike navi who is just a helper
Posted Image

#3 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

i expected navi to get the most.

Eww, Navi the annoying fairy? No way.

Well, since I haven't played TP or SS, I'll just go ahead and say the king of the red lions.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Eww, Navi the annoying fairy? No way.

Well, since I haven't played TP or SS, I'll just go ahead and say the king of the red lions.

firstly, you're really missing out, theyre both must plays, secondly, im sure if you did play them, you would still choose king of red lions
Posted Image

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

I loved Twilight Princess. I loved everything about it. One of the things I really liked about it was Midna. At first I didn't like her, because of her attitude and all, but as the game progressed, I began to really like her character. She is a great companion for link, much better then Navi, she actually helped you like turning you into a wolf when you wanted, or allowing to get into the twilight. I actually hope Nintendo uses Midna in another game, even if it just for a little bit.

Edited by Wii8461, 05 December 2011 - 05:29 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Uhh, wow. Im the 1st one to vote Navi.

Well, I never got annoyed by Navi's "Hey, Listen!" quote. She barley said it. Also, if you look deeper, Navi was Link's only companion in OOT, and she helped link save hyrule. Also, Navi helped me learn the boss weaknesses because I never played Ocarina on the N64. only on the 3DS.

One of my favorite LPers, Chuggaaconroy explained it better. watch this: (Skip to 12:24)

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

The Talking boat, all the way. I actually found his advice useful.
I found Midna too annoying, Navi was even worse, and Tatl was just a *****ier Navi.

#8 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

I was torn between choosing Boat-McGee or Midna, so in the end I chose the funnier one. As annoying as Midna was in the start, I really began liking her towards the end, and found some of her better moments to be really funny. Also, she was such a troll to Link, which made it even better... Maybe that's just me, then..?

But, as Gamer mentioned earlier, Navi has the most 'meaning' compared to any of the others.

#9 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

My vote goes to Fi. She's just so much more useful, especially given that she's your sword.
Posted Image

#10 SassyGhirahim

SassyGhirahim

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

I'll always vote for Midna. She's kind of like the inside joke between Zelda fans and developers as she keeps making fun of Link's muteness. I didn't expect this kind of humor when I first played the GC version of TP, but once I got closer to the ending, she really grew on me. I really, really hated her for using Link at first, though. Plus, her backstory is awesome.

#11 Finesthour

Finesthour

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    My little Pony

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Who could not love/hate Navi?

She was the best companion ever.

Hey, listen!

Posted Image

#12 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

it took me A year to beat as A kid so therefore his character really grew on me and he sacrificed his life to save me and zelda when usually it's us that risks our lives for him. Sorry minda but you had A happy ending but king of red lions or should i say king of hyrule repaid us for everything we did for him taking gannon along with him

1367065580450s.jpg

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

I have to go with midna. she had so much emotions in twilight princess. Best companion by far imo

Signature_Fox.png

#14 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I voted for the King of Red Lions because he doesnt go "Hey! Look! Listen!" Like all of the fairies and he doesnt have that annoying gibberish voice of Minda.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#15 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

This is truly what I think of the King of Red Lions...

Spoiler

Posted Image

#16 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

This is truly what I think of the King of Red Lions...

Spoiler

Even though I voted for him; I lol'd. :laugh:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!