Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Title says itself. I made this topic because I recently Stumbled Across a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, Brand new, for $16. It was well worth it

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Oh, this is gonna be a fun topic. Metroid Prime Trilogy for only $16?! That package is worth it even for $100...

I've lucked out with a few great deals on games. Some of the more notable ones were:

• Yoshi's Island DS for $22
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for $18
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $33 (stores here sell it for $64.99!)
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for $25
  • Radiant Historia for $34.99 (considering how rare it's gonna be in a few months, I was very lucky to find it for a normal retail price)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for free (well, actually, I borrowed it from a friend a few years ago, and he told me I could hold on to it indefinitely)

That's all I can think of for now.

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Oh, this is gonna be a fun topic. Metroid Prime Trilogy for only $16?! That package is worth it even for $100...

I've lucked out with a few great deals on games. Some of the more notable ones were:

• Yoshi's Island DS for $22
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for $18
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $33 (stores here sell it for $64.99!)
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for $25
  • Radiant Historia for $34.99 (considering how rare it's gonna be in a few months, I was very lucky to find it for a normal retail price)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for free (well, actually, I borrowed it from a friend a few years ago, and he told me I could hold on to it indefinitely)

That's all I can think of for now.

Is Radiant Historia as good as what i've heard? I hear people calling it the next Chrono Trigger

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Is Radiant Historia as good as what i've heard? I hear people calling it the next Chrono Trigger

Oh, hell no. It's better. :P

Seriously, Radiant Historia is utterly amazing. It kept me glued to my 3DS until 4 in the morning last night. If you want it, get it before it goes out of stock. Atlus isn't known for very long print runs.

Here, listen to a little sample of the game's battle theme to get an idea for just how fantastic it is (and btw, the sound quality is better in the actual game than on Youtube):

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Oh, hell no. It's better. :P

Seriously, Radiant Historia is utterly amazing. It kept me glued to my 3DS until 4 in the morning last night. If you want it, get it before it goes out of stock. Atlus isn't known for very long print runs.

Here, listen to a little sample of the game's battle theme to get an idea for just how fantastic it is (and btw, the sound quality is better in the actual game than on Youtube):

Dang, this or OoT 3D

#6 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I got the first two Phoenix Wright games for $10 each on WiiWare, which is great considering how rare the DS versions are!

I also found a used copy of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for I think it was $10... Kinda useless with only one GBA connector cable, but it's fun nonetheless!

I also saw a Metroid Prime 2 for $10 once... Didn't buy it, but I wanted too :P

And the two gamecube Harvest Moon games plus a walkthrough that I happened to be borrowing from a friend when we faded from each-other's lives... :D (I think I may have also gotten a Sonic Adventure 2: Battle that way as well :D)

@Feld0 and Radiant Historia

You don't make my lack of money any easier >.>

Though if it's going to be the new Skies of Arcadia in 3-4 years... Ya, I'd better pick it up! (But then when will I get Dead or Alive, BlazBlu, Tales of the Abyss, Shin Megami Tensei: DS Overclocked, Harvest Moon: Twin Villages and 999 - 9 persons, 9 days, 9 doors... >.<)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#7 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

I got Phoemix wright Ace Attorney for £2.99 on the iPhone, which I'd say is a bargain compared to the £20+ the DS game costs. Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 is another bargain on the App store at £2.99.

#8 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

I never get any good deals. I've never gotten yet, and I'll probably never get a good deal. Well, I personally don't, but my bro, who I share all my games/game costs with, got Starfox Command and Advance Wars: Dark Conflict for 10€ each.

Anyways, I don't really care about prices if it's about games. I hardly use my money for anything besides games, and I'd rather play a game the day it gets released than wait for the first bargain.

By the way, Feld0 already started advertising games, so I'll join in and praise Okami. Oh, and Okamiden, too, although it's not as good as Okami, but it's still worth the full price.

Posted Image

#9 Sphinx

Sphinx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Star Fox, and Kingdom Hearts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

I bought a copy of Bioshock 2 at Gamestop for a little less than $8 only 6 months after it was released.

#10 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Uh, best deal? A free game

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#11 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Where I live, games are expensive as hell!

$1 US is $2 here.

PS2 games are still selling for between $60 and $100 (only sucky games cost below that), which is $30-$50 in America.

Current gen games are usually above $200.

So yeah...I haven't really ever gotten a deal here.

Edited by Play4Fun, 09 May 2011 - 04:48 PM.

You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#12 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

Where I live, games are expensive as hell!

$1 US is $2 here.

PS2 games are still selling for between $60 and $100 (only sucky games cost below that), which is $30-$50 in America.

So yeah...I haven't really ever gotten a deal here.

Wow... and I used to complain about the difference between the US 3DS price and the UK 3DS price :P

I managed to pick up FF 10 for £10 and Mario Kart for DS for £4.99. I also usually wait for games that I want but don't desperately want to come down in price like Kingdom Hearts Coded, when it came out was £24.99 but now is £14.99.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

The best deal i ever got was of 3 brand new games for $16.

Dead Space, Tales of Vesperia and Blazblue Calamity Trigger.

Ouch... And i thought here was expensive because new games usually cost around $120.

Edited by Waller, 10 May 2011 - 06:09 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Uh, best deal? A free game

<3

Seriously though, I now prefer free online games over most other kinds of electronic games. You have a fairly wide choice of genres, graphics and themes; including fan games of franchises like Star Trek, Mario/Yoshi, My Little Pony...

More on-topic, I usually don't try to get discounts on games, since I usually don't buy any.
I think I did, however, get Mario Party 8 at a fairly acceptable price - something like 16 euros. Unless I'm mixing up with Sonic and the Secret Rings, which was secondhand. I gotta check, when I get back home.

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

#15 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

I wish I could get a good deal on a 3DS game *sigh*
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#16 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Sonic Colours: $10 (2 weeks after release), in Australia it's RRP is $79.95

#17 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

Someone gave me a copy of Portal for free. Best deal I've ever gotten.

#18 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Best Deal
Knights of the Old Republic for $2.50. That game lasts a full 40 gours or more if you want it to

#19 Oath2Dario

Oath2Dario

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Disney

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

I got Donkey Kong Country Returns for its normal price. But it came with a Stratgey guide, a poster, and a T Shirt for free.

Edited by Oath2Dario, 13 June 2011 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Andrew

Andrew

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Sega, Nicalis, Mojang, Valve

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Well I don't have a whole lot in the way of great deals on games themselves, but I've gotten a couple consoles for cheap.

I got a virtual boy in working condition at a random church rummage sale for $7 with RED ALARM included.
I also got a Game Boy Advance for $2 at a yard sale.

Yard/rummage sales are awesome, especially when they are in rich neighborhoods where the people are only concerned with getting rid of stuff rather than making money. Or in really poor neighborhoods where people have no idea what the heck a Nintendo is and sell them for pennies. lol
Posted Image
My Platforms: NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GB, GBC, VB, GBA, NDS, 3DS, PC
Check out my 3DS portal minisite! 3DSHome
Check out my personal game development webpage! AKSoft - Innovative Development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!