Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6419498/

[UPDATE] Following the publication of this story, Bethesda officially confirmed that The Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed for about six months.

The original story is below.

According to a reportedly since-deleted line from an official Elder Scrolls Online FAQ, the upcoming Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the MMO will not arrive in June as Bethesda previously said they would. Instead, the console versions of the game are to arrive in about six months, so sometime around November 2014.

Here's what the original Elder Scrolls Online FAQ said, as captured by Reddit (via The Escapist): "The Elder Scrolls Online officially launched on April 4, 2014 on PC and Mac. While it has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn't going to be possible, we have made great progress, we have concluded that we'll need about six more months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve."

The FAQ also reportedly contained a link with further explanation about the delay. The current FAQ now live on the Elder Scrolls Online site only says: The Elder Scrolls Online officially launched on April 4, 2014 on PC and Mac."

We have reached out to a Bethesda representative for comment. For more on The Elder Scrolls Online, be sure to read GameSpot's review of the PC version.

This can't be happening :(

Edited by iEatTacos, 08 May 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Maybe because it's been so poorly recieved that they only delay it now. In 6 months be pratcially no one on it so bethseda makes it free and in 2 years is shut down.

They make broken games and now broken MMO's just this time they were not forgiven for it.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Maybe because it's been so poorly recieved that they only delay it now. In 6 months be pratcially no one on it so bethseda makes it free and in 2 years is shut down.

They make broken games and now broken MMO's just this time they were not forgiven for it.

You do know that Bethesda only published the game, right?

The game was developed by Zenimax.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

The game looks bad, not interested in the slightest.

A new full blown, proper Elder Scrolls however would get my attention.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Tony the Talking Clock, on 09 May 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:
You do know that Bethesda only published the game, right?

The game was developed by Zenimax.

Zenimax is bethseda.

Zenimax owns bethseda, id, arkane studio, machine games, and tango gameworks.

They created zenimax online from members selected from these studios.

Really though. Zenimax/betseda is a perfect example of what is wrong with the industry. Its amazing the developers in their studios are able to accomplish anything with donald trumps brother breathing down their necks, along with their host of marketing ceo's and aquisition company ceo's and equity ceo's... Their board of directors is disgusting. The people in charge of all aspects of the games dont play games, dont care about games, and wouldnt know the difference between quality and crap if it jumped up and slapped them.

And Zenimax is par for the course for contemporary publishing houses.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Zenimax is bethseda.

Really though. Zenimax/betseda is a perfect example of what is wrong with the industry. Its amazing the developers in their studios are able to accomplish anything with donald trumps brother breathing down their necks, along with their host of marketing ceo's and aquisition company ceo's and equity ceo's... Their board of directors is disgusting. The people in charge of all aspects of the games dont play games, dont care about games, and wouldnt know the difference between quality and crap if it jumped up and slapped them.

Maybe that's why Nintendo isn't like that. Wasn't Iwata a part of the game development industry before he was the big man over at Nintendo?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Maybe that's why Nintendo isn't like that. Wasn't Iwata a part of the game development industry before he was the big man over at Nintendo?

Yes, yes he was. Most people have pretty fond memories of his work.

Earthbound-300x240.jpeg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a console...you need MOAR buttons than what you can get on a handheld controller.

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

Just a few ^_^

ibmY6Epetl1r4g.jpg

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Zenimax is bethseda.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. I thought Bethesda owned Zenimax. Ah well, thanks for the clearing up. :o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a console...you need MOAR buttons than what you can get on a handheld controller.

That's what keyboards and mice are for. Can't remember if the Xbox One does but the PS4 supports both. FF IV on PS4 allows you to use both.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Say hello to my little friends

Couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a console...you need MOAR buttons than what you can get on a handheld controller.

i1uCSjjVtwOQk.jpgieYBtmyfIZlGt.gifi389b7BM0fQIk.jpg

#13 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

That's what keyboards and mice are for. Can't remember if the Xbox One does but the PS4 supports both. FF IV on PS4 allows you to use both.

Seems wierd to me. I don't understand why you would hook up keyboard and mouse to a console. I'd just play the game on my PC at that point. I suppose some people only have a console and no PC? In that case it would make sense I suppose. Or if there's console exclusive MMOs....maybe there are I have no idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!