Resident Evil (61m units)
Street Fighter (35m units)
Monster Hunter (28m units)
Devil May Cry (13m units)
Dead Rising (7.5m units)
Lost Planet (5.6m units)

http://www.capcom.co....13_full_03.pdf

Ouch. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well I think this is good, even though I've never played DMC. It actually really interests me, especially after the last one.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Donte or I mean Bob sucks

8UAml8k.gif

Lost Planet 1-2 awesome. 3 poop. EX Troopers AMAZING. Oh and for those Monster Hunter fans here you go.(yes off screen picture)

0M0prWC.jpg

For real DMC fans we know where to go.

QxWgtBW.jpg

#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

I really wanted to try the ex troopers demo but I couldn't find the damn thing on the jp psn store. I do think I'd much prefer that over lost planet 3 tbh

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

This is... Not the information to focus on with the breifing capcom just gave...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Erm...I thought the DmC reboot sold well and Lost Planet 3's sales just suffered from no advertising/releasing around the same time as other, bigger titles?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Erm...I thought the DmC reboot sold well and Lost Planet 3's sales just suffered from no advertising/releasing around the same time as other, bigger titles?

DmC sold about 1 million across multiple latforms.

Not nearly enough to cover the bloated costs of development, and further bloated costs of the marketing budget. A smaller scale version of the horror story that is the re6 'success' with its 6 million sales (needed over 10 million to cover budget, most of it marketing).

Lets... Lets not talk about what happened to lost planet.

Capcom is completely clueless, and is killing itself chasing after the western business model (Which was created by publishing superpowers to specifically kill companies with less disposable money than them) instead of just making great games with great controls, great gameplay, and modest budget, that make modest profits.

Like every other company now run by marketing ceo shareholders, they would rather have no money, than some of the money, if they cant have ALL of the money.

Capcom doesnt give two farts about the games, or game quality anymore, its all about 'Reinforcing profit models' (Actual quote from breifing). You can see it in the way they refer to the games. They dont call them great games, but 'Powerful Titles', to them (the controlling shareholders who dont know a damn thing about videogames) the games dont exist. Just the names, the 'titles'. The names are powerful, (never put a thought behind WHY the names became powerful, its because at one time, its because they were amazing GAMES that eanred the reputation), and as long as enough marketing is put behind it, eventually the stupid brainless morons (us) will buy them because of the popular name.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

EX Troopers is a spinoff of Lost Planet.

Posted one screen above. We should have gotten that in the west over LP3 and the version I posted is the PS3 version. You can tell by playing it was built on what they made for Mega Man Legends 3.

Usually MT Framework games turn out well. When they don't use it you get games like Lost Planet 3 and DmC.

#9 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

It's hard to believe after ALL those megaman games, they haven't broken 10 million units...

11 classic titles + 5 handheld

7 x titles + 2 handheld

3 legends

7 battle networks

3 starforce

4 megaman zero

1 racing games

1 soccer

2 fighting games

and I'm sure i've forgotten some, and you're telling me lost planet has out done megaman???

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

It's hard to believe after ALL those megaman games, they haven't broken 10 million units...

11 classic titles + 5 handheld

7 x titles + 2 handheld

3 legends

7 battle networks

3 starforce

4 megaman zero

1 racing games

1 soccer

2 fighting games

and I'm sure i've forgotten some, and you're telling me lost planet has out done megaman???

Mega Man has sold about 30 Million overall but Capcom has forgotten Mega Man exists and screws over Mega Man fans. Capcom has no idea what to do with the series so they either troll fans or stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALA.

#11 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Mega Man has sold about 30 Million overall but Capcom has forgotten Mega Man exists and screws over Mega Man fans. Capcom has no idea what to do with the series so they either troll fans or stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALA.

Hah i just searched and found that data too, ridiculous...I want a real megaman game so bad

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

Hah i just searched and found that data too, ridiculous...I want a real megaman game so bad

Mighty No 9 from the man who created Mega Man himself.

It's coming. Also a bunch of former capcom guys who worked on Mega Man. So this is it

Edited by DreamCat, 10 May 2014 - 10:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!