Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

In other news...

23 DAYS UNTIL ZELDA U IS UPON US

I  can't  wait until 3 days before E3 when people start posting "Dawn of the first day" pictures.

You know what would  be awesome?

If Nintendo would start tweeting that. The fanbase would explode of excitement because they'd  be teasing MM.

I also can't wait until people will be mad at Zelda U's artstyle because it's not like the tech demo.

Edited by Keviin, 19 May 2014 - 09:43 AM.

No sig.

#22 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

I  can't  wait until 3 days before E3 when people start posting "Dawn of the first day" pictures.

You know what would  be awesome?

If Nintendo would start tweeting that. The fanbase would explode of excitement because they'd  be teasing MM.

I also can't wait until people will be mad at Zelda U's artstyle because it's not like the tech demo.

Lol XD that would be awesome, I think they'll remake it on the 3DS though, I will probably mad at it too... well it all depends really. 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#23 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

itshappeningreggie!!.gif

Edited by flowerlandfilms, 19 May 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

I kind of wished they just officially told us they will reveal Zelda but I want some kind of surprise reveal like in 2004.
No sig.

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

I kind of wished they just officially told us they will reveal Zelda but I want some kind of surprise reveal like in 2004.

If there's no Zelda Nintendo will have a riot on their hands.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

Also, they've never made a Zelda game that looked worse than its respective tech demo.

gallery_122809_405_23181.png

That was a tech demo built in a small area, unless there's going to be load screens every 30 seconds the new Zelda wont look that good. but I'm sure it'll come close with optimisation at 720p 30fps. Plus on top this game is hinted to be a HUGE living and breathing open world. I'm sure that while it wont look as amazing as that for a huge open world game it'll look as good as it can get for whatever art-style they choose. :) I'm hoping for Smah Bros Link/Mario Kart 8 level of detail in character models (good but not PC game at max settings level of detail) and environments HOWEVER with advanced lighting, reflections, particle and fire effects to make things look even prettier. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right here

In English I'm expecting Zelda U to look the best it can be given artstyle, size of game, size of each area before it has to load a new one and hardware limitations. :) As I think when nintendo make a Zelda "the entire kingdom of Hyrule to be 20x larger than OOT, have excellent draw distance and no loading times AND I want an alternate dark world to be displayed on the gamepad etc etc" and the developer will have to optimise around it and make the game look the best it can given the extreme gameplay demands.

Oh and due to TP's size I do believe if they did a TP HD remake for Wii U in a couple of years they could optimise it to look as good if not better than the demo due to the possible smaller size of the game compared to what has been hinted for ZeldaU

Edited by Penguin101, 20 May 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#27 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

"leaks" are starting soon this year.

And as always, to avoid real leaks, a few days before E3 i`m online abstinent! :)

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

That was a tech demo built in a small area, unless there's going to be load screens every 30 seconds the new Zelda wont look that good. but I'm sure it'll come close with optimisation at 720p 30fps. Plus on top this game is hinted to be a HUGE living and breathing open world. I'm sure that while it wont look as amazing as that for a huge open world game it'll look as good as it can get for whatever art-style they choose. :) I'm hoping for Smah Bros Link/Mario Kart 8 level of detail in character models (good but not PC game at max settings level of detail) and environments HOWEVER with advanced lighting, reflections, particle and fire effects to make things look even prettier. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right here

In English I'm expecting Zelda U to look the best it can be given artstyle, size of game, size of each area before it has to load a new one and hardware limitations. :) As I think when nintendo make a Zelda "the entire kingdom of Hyrule to be 20x larger than OOT, have excellent draw distance and no loading times AND I want an alternate dark world to be displayed on the gamepad etc etc" and the developer will have to optimise around it and make the game look the best it can given the extreme gameplay demands.

Oh and due to TP's size I do believe if they did a TP HD remake for Wii U in a couple of years they could optimise it to look as good if not better than the demo due to the possible smaller size of the game compared to what has been hinted for ZeldaU

wouldn't all the tech demos have been built in small spaces?

And why would you ever not want max graphics possible?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

wouldn't all the tech demos have been built in small spaces?

And why would you ever not want max graphics possible?

if everyone did, every Wii U game especially 3rd party ports would look incredible and immaculate. The only Wii U 1st party game I've seen not do as much as I knew it could do is Pikmin 3 in my minds eye. But i felt as it started its life on the Wii and they were getting used to how different HD was I can forgive it.

You can already see the progression on SM3DW and even from there to Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, I can't wait to see what they've been able to do with Zelda U ^_^ Especially when they had ages to experiment, so much that they decided to build Wind Waker HD which indicates that the Zelda team are definitely ready to max out the graphics and by the sound of it give us some really unique gamepad and online gameplay 

Edited by Penguin101, 20 May 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

if everyone did, every Wii U game especially 3rd party ports would look incredible. 

Wait what? I don't get your response.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Not sure what his point is. Running on WiiU hardware and every single NIntendo system since N64 has done a Zelda demo and the final game always looks miles better than the tech demo so doe snot matter small space or not. FInal version likely to be more impressive in a not small area. A tech demo is never going to be massive they are meant as a taste like a free sample at Baskin Robbins.

#32 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Wait what? I don't get your response.

You asked why wouldn't you want any game to be max graphics, If every developer worked on that philosophy then every Wii U game would look amazing. The fact is very few developers do that 

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

That was a tech demo built in a small area, unless there's going to be load screens every 30 seconds the new Zelda wont look that good. but I'm sure it'll come close with optimisation at 720p 30fps. Plus on top this game is hinted to be a HUGE living and breathing open world. I'm sure that while it wont look as amazing as that for a huge open world game it'll look as good as it can get for whatever art-style they choose.

All it showed was the lighting abilities of the early Wii U devkits, which should be easy to keep on or above that level for a full game.
The textures aren't that great either, I expect vast improvements, and I'm sure they'll go with a large open area to showcase the game rather than a small room to showcase lighting improvements.

A larger environment is much more impressive than small rooms.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

You asked why wouldn't you want any game to be max graphics, If every developer worked on that philosophy then every Wii U game would look amazing. The fact is very few developers do that 

So you don't want max graphics because not every developer has that philosophy?

i think my confusion is justified... :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!