Photo

Is Target getting ready for new Wii U hardware?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

This might be nothing but I am going to tell you guys anyway. So there was a report some Target stores (I am in America) had the Mario Kart 8 demo. So I went to the store with my son to check it out. Now I have been to this store numerous times since the Wii U was released. I was looking for the Wii U console where it normally is and didnt see it. I looked all around the electronics section and I saw a ps4 and Xb1. I took one final look and in the place where they usually have the Wii U they a had a poster with the words "SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING COMING SOON." Now I have heard from others that stores are cutting their Wii U sections and not marketing it in America. Maybe this is the case OR maybe.....

does anyone know if this is standard practice for Target? do they normally do this whenever they take a console demo off of shelves? I just thought it was curious. I would have taken a picture but I didnt think about it until after I left the store... thought it was weird.

thoughts?

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Dreamcast 2 confirmed with Shenmue III pack in game.

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Nintendo annoucing Wii U DD at E3... upgraded to 5 GB usuable RAM for games

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

All I know is that the Xbone is going to be availible without the kinect starting this june and will be 50 dollars cheaper than ps4 if you chose to buy it. I don't know how much the ps4 or xbone already cost though.

#5 99_vodkas

99_vodkas

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

really or troll? sega and nintendo may merge sometime soon... sega/nintendo console with exclusive sega game could be the best thing since sliced bread... WII U DD i doubt that ever, maybe a diff console in 2-3 years.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

really or troll? sega and nintendo may merge sometime soon... sega/nintendo console with exclusive sega game could be the best thing since sliced bread... WII U DD i doubt that ever, maybe a diff console in 2-3 years.

that was a joke sir

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Can someone get a picture of this?

794144.png?13383682

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

Can someone get a picture of this?

like i said I had a phone with me but did not think of this until later I thought it was odd. Maybe someone else can see if their target has the same thing. I have heard that some stores (target, walmart, etc) are removing their Wii U stations all together and just promoting x1 and ps4.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

The target in our area recently revamped their gaming section. They have to make room for all the NFC toys, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, games and systems themselves. Wii U is still on display after revamp.

BTW, I saw the same sign "something new and exciting will soon fill this space/shelf" . It's just Target putting up that sign and has nothing to do with any company or specific merchandise. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 May 2014 - 02:08 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

The target in our area recently revamped their gaming section. They have to make room for all the NFC toys, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, games and systems themselves. Wii U is still on display after revamp.

BTW, I saw the same sign "something new and exciting will soon fill this space/shelf" . It's just Target putting up that sign and has nothing to do with any company or specific merchandise. 

guess thatss the end of that

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

Could be NFC.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!