Photo

Original watchdogs reveal graphics found in unused files in PC game.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

POPULAR

14238494378_58bd906922_h.jpg
4Ye0005.jpg

Starting off with a picture of the recently un-downgraded watchdogs to remind people what the game actually looked like before the downgrade.

Not only does the game look, well, look at it, the way it does now, but it actually PERFORMS BETTER, than the pos ubi released.

This is EXACTLY what Im talking about when I say consoles are holding pc back. Well, really its garbage AAA publishers holding PC back because of a conflict of interest with console sales. Ubisoft purposefully downgraded the PC game, so as to not make the 'next gen' consoles look, well, as weak as they actually are in comparison to standard gaming pc's. It was delayed, to crappify it.

A short list of what has been brought back/recovered in the past 2 days:

-Changes to the default fog values
-Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
-Stuttering Improvements
-E3 2012 Bloom
-Performance Improvements
-Enabled Headlight Shadows
-LoD Changes
-Reflection changes
-Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
-Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
-LensFlares(WIP)
-Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
-Civilians density changes

Keep in mind, these are all effects already in the game, that were removed from runtime by ubisoft on purpose, to downgrade the game so it looked like the ps4/xbone versions. He is just finding them, and then implementing them.

Watchdogs was a game whom LITERALLY the only thing it had going for it was fairly notable 'next gen graphics'. And they took those away from PC gamers for bureaucratical bs reasons.

Something to think about.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

I think the weakness of ps4/xb1 threw a lot of developers off. People think these console are so powerful

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

I feel sorry for the developers, working so hard to create graphics like this just for ubi to go "screw this, take them out and make them look worse so they're par with the other consoles"

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

I think I'd need two more similar pics to come to a conclusion, but if the difference is what you say then holy crap.

What the hell Ubisoft? Also, what the hell Microsoft and Sony, because I bet they had a hand in this as well. This is just shocking. Wow. I doubt I'll be buying this for the Wii U now, no matter how much support I want to show for the console's third party.

Edited by R00bot, 16 June 2014 - 04:15 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

I feel sorry for the developers, working so hard to create graphics like this just for ubi to go "screw this, take them out and make them look worse so they're par with the other consoles"

This is very important to bring up.

Those developers worked damn hard, they MADE THESE THINGS, they did, they worked hard and made these things, and then the PUBLISHER forked them over and made it dissapear.

Im not going to say never, because its very clearly not a never kind of thing. BUt rarely does a developer ever set out to do a crappy job. 95% of the time, when crap happens, look to the publisher.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

This is very important to bring up.

Those developers worked damn hard, they MADE THESE THINGS, they did, they worked hard and made these things, and then the PUBLISHER forked them over and made it dissapear.

Im not going to say never, because its very clearly not a never kind of thing. BUt rarely does a developer ever set out to do a crappy job. 95% of the time, when crap happens, look to the publisher.

YEAH TRUE

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

when crap happens, look to the publisher.

One of the reasons why Nintendo games are usually pretty good, and also why Xenoblade Chronicles was such a masterpiece when it could have turned out crap under any other publisher (the whole take your time thing).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

Is there a link to this story, or did you discover this?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:03 AM

Holy crap my link to 3dguru isnt there! Thanks waddle.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Someone found the files and was able to unpack and export them to get them running. All the code is already there, just sitting there not being used. It was purposely "turned off"

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

I heard Wii U version was getting all this unused code to make it the elite console version. LOL... JK  :laugh:

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

From gaffy too:

Originally Posted by CyberPunked

The Worse, creator of the mod on Guru3d: http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=390114

Has made massive discoveries/improvements. He has discovered that almost all of the shaders and improvements seen in 2012 and 2013 are still in the game files, such as the e3 2012 explosions. For now he has managed to implement dynamic shadows from headlights, the increased rain density, increased NPC density, as well as 2012 e3 bloom and lens flare. 
When he manages to unpack certain files, he will be able to activate everything, such as POMs, etc.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Okay no defending Ubisoft this time.

Oh and I guess the reason Publishers rank pc last due to piracy...as far as I know its much easier to pirate PC games than console games . A clear example is watchdogs.....Watchdogs pirated versions appeared even before launch.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

Okay no defending Ubisoft this time.

Oh and I guess the reason Publishers rank pc last due to piracy...as far as I know its much easier to pirate PC games than console games . A clear example is watchdogs.....Watchdogs pirated versions appeared even before launch.

Thats probably because most of those people didnt believe watch dogs was worth the asking price, and would have never bought it. Doesnt excuse rampant piracy but....

Xenoblade was also heavily pirated. Particularly when it was looking like it would never make it stateside.

Over 3 million pirated copies recorded from just 1 popular torrent.

But now, Xenoblade is on its way to selling through its fourth print run. As in nearly every single copy printed sold through, and they had to press new discs to ship, 4 times.

When something is proven worth it, even the majority of 'pirates' will actually buy it, even though they already got it for free.

When its not worth it, its usually deleted within a matter of days.

Yar, code of the pirates. Well not really a code, guidelines maybe. Suggestions really XD.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=390114

She's enabling features from the engine.

CoD blops did this too, disabling things it could support.
I'd imagine pretty much every third party game does this now, for some reason.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

If they enabeled all this for the wiiu version I might get it, but doubt it.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=390114She's enabling features from the engine.CoD blops did this too, disabling things it could support.I'd imagine pretty much every third party game does this now, for some reason.

This information is in the op.

As for other 3rd party games having better graphics in file thats not in game, yes, but those games didnt showcase those graphics in a bait and switch like watchdogs did.

If they enabeled all this for the wiiu version I might get it, but doubt it.

Ps4 and Xbone cant do this, wii u is out of the
question.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:20 AM

Watch dog gate :o

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

xl5jZJS.jpg

LOL so they have E3 settings? lolz

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Still would not fix some of the broken mechanics and gameplay and bad VA. Would have just made it a jewel in a pigs ear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!