Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

In an interview with Ars Technica, though, Nintendo of America Senior Director of Communication Charlie Scibetta expressed confidence that these outside publishers will come back to the Wii U as the systems sales increase in the future.

"We want the same thing that the third parties want, which is to grow the installed base," Scibetta told Ars. "We're confident that if we can do that by driving the installed base through first-party software, like Mario Kart 8, like Super Smash Bros., then the third-party developers will follow because then they'll see there's a large enough installed base that it's worth their investment to bring their games to our platform. So it's our job to grow that installed base to make it more attractive for them to come to our platform."

Scibetta pointed out that the 1.2 million sales of Mario Kart 8 in its opening weekend last month "helped hardware sales as well" and that he expects "a similar type of lift in terms of interest" when Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out later this year.
Scibetta wouldn't be tied down to a prediction for how many more sales the Wii U needed before it was a more attractive platform for third-party publishers, saying that "each publisher might give you a different answer on that." Sure enough, the publishers willing to talk on the record gave noncommittal but hopeful answers on the subject of future Wii U support.

"We think that by releasing good games from fan favorite brands, like Mario Kart, Nintendo is taking steps to increase the Wii U’s adoption," an Ubisoft spokesperson told Ars. "We have games coming out for the Wii U this year, including Just Dance 2015 and Watch Dogs. For any other games we announced at E3, it’s too soon to say."

http://arstechnica.c...system-sellers/

I doubt this will happen... 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Maybe for Japanese developers (if this E3 is anything to go by), but probably not Western 3rd party developers.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Well... You'd think that'd be how it works. But last gen showed us it's not how it works.

Edited by R00bot, 19 June 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

Wii there's a topic.

merrge. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

http://arstechnica.c...system-sellers/

Flawed logic.

It assumes that low install base has prevented third party support.

Considering ps4 and x1 have had systems move BECAUSE of third parties, it stands to reason the same applies to wii u.

But when the best third party efforts were last gen ports and "exclusives based on last gen non-native code, you have to wonder why they didn't even try.

It's a matter of choosing sides. And Nintendo is on the outs.

When third party games don't sell on wii u, it's because they didn't try.

And Ubisoft's Rayman is a prime example of the stupidity behind some of the thinking.

And delaying watch dogs for wii u until everyone has already bought it and played it out isn't helping...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 June 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

Which I already posted in another thread... ugh.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

Ubisoft will jump on the bandwagon, heck they even stated that when the console sells more they'll release games for it. 

Well... You'd think that'd be how it works. But last gen showed us it's not how it works.

Because the games couldn't even run on the Wii. But this gen the games can run on the Wii U. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Ubisoft will jump on the bandwagon, heck they even stated that when the console sells more they'll release games for it. 

Because the games couldn't even run on the Wii. But this gen the games can run on the Wii U. 

Fifa 15 coming to Wii but not Wii U. Idk what EA is thinking.

bi5tzqg.gif

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

Fifa 13 sold more on the Wii than it did on the Wii U

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Fifa 13 sold more on the Wii than it did on the Wii U

Yeh but I was replying to your comment on games not running on the Wii.

bi5tzqg.gif

#11 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I'm not sure it will make a difference. If the world was a logical place and companies were run by competent management then it would. But just look at the Rayman debacle and what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs..

I think that the Wii U is going to stand up pretty well against the competition this generation - but 3rd parties will still cut off their noses to spite their faces. And if they are not going to bother to bring quality ports/games to the Wii U then we're better off without them. 

The only optimistic position to take is that one day soon the big games companies will realise how badly they have been failing both financially and in terms of what they are bringing to the market and then we'll all be better off. 

#12 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

Devs are too lazy to work with the Wii U and the install isn't good enough for them.  Plain and simple.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

EA actualy has to take the time and make the game. not copy and paste the last game with a few models switched around.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yeh but I was replying to your comment on games not running on the Wii.

We're going into an entirely different subject now, there's a whole different reason for why this is happening. 

This is as basic as I can put it: EA likes money.

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

EA actualy has to take the time and make the game. not copy and paste the last game with a few models switched around.

You realize that's exactly what EA has been doing up until the PS4/Xbone came out, right?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

The Wii U's biggest problems in respect to western third parties are it's specs/architecture, and the online development/devs keeping you as connected as possible to withhold bits and pieces they can unlock when you show them cash.

I doubt you'd see these next gen ports even if the Wii U had the same specs and architecture as the PS4 simply because of the stigma that I won't sell/ isn't the type of game that sells on a Nintendo console.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

The Wii U's biggest problems in respect to western third parties are it's specs/architecture, and the online development/devs keeping you as connected as possible to withhold bits and pieces they can unlock when you show them cash.

I doubt you'd see these next gen ports even if the Wii U had the same specs and architecture as the PS4 simply because of the stigma that I won't sell/ isn't the type of game that sells on a Nintendo console.

No it's not. Its biggest problem is that it's made by nintendo.

The devs aren't even trying.

It has been stated several times the Wii U is easy to port to and pretty easy to develop for (even if not PSBox easy).

Go plag mario kart 8 online and tell me the online has problems.

People keep fooling themselves into thinking companies don't have persona,ity and can't have vendettas. they do. they can. money is not quite everything to them.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

It has been stated several times the Wii U is easy to port to and pretty easy to develop for (even if not PSBox easy).

People keep fooling themselves into thinking companies don't have persona,ity and can't have vendettas. they do. they can. money is not quite everything to them.

Um... the online has a problem error code 118-0516 and others. Still some dont have solutions.

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Absolute rubbish. Its got nothing what so ever to do with the fact its made by Nintendo. Both the GameCube and Wii got lots of third party support but then they both sold pretty well and in the case of the Wii extremely well.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Absolute rubbish. Its got nothing what so ever to do with the fact its made by Nintendo. Both the GameCube and Wii got lots of third party support but then they both sold pretty well and in the case of the Wii extremely well.

Third party support was pulled from game cube en masse by halfway throught the generation, despite it being considerably more powerful than the ps2.

Then, games that nintendo paid for to be exclusives, were later released on the ps2, anyways.

The wii was treated as a crapping ground for 3rd parties. They in general, didnt release any games of any effort, and in the very, very, VERY rare case they did, and the dev team was excited and putting their all in it, they got budget screwed publisher end, ensuring that the game could in no way shape or form compete as a whole game with the publishers output on ps360. See: Red steel 2.

And then, we have the 3ds, higheest selling platform, highest install base of this generation.

Where are all the western 3rd party games? Where are they?
Where. Are. They.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!