YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

http://www.screwatta...d-party-support
Only one year ago was the PlayStation 2 discontinued; Sony’s most successful console saw a lengthy lifespan of roughly 13 years, with over 150 million units sold. But, can the same be said for the PS3 as the PS4 takes center stage? Well, as Sony’s Scott Rohde told GameIndustry International, “People are still buying PS3s.”Both PlayStation 3s and PlayStation 4s are currently available to purchase worldwide, with the latter naturally at a significantly lower cost. Yet, despite PS4 sales reaching upwards of 7 million globally, the head of PlayStation software product development feels the adoption of new technology differs between countries, possibly supporting the longevity of the PS3’s life.“All different parts of the world just adopt new technology at different rates. We don’t know how long the PS3 tail will last. We don’t know how it will be compared to the PS2.”Similar to the PS2, however, the PS3 continues to see third party support through companies such as Activision, Ubisoft, and EA, in addition to first-party aid from Sony themselves through including the console in the PlayStation Plus service’s free game offerings – something that can’t be said for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 for the month of July in terms of retail titles.Rohde echoed these facts regarding the PS3's support, saying:“We don’t know where all this is going to go, but we will continue to support the PS3 through first- and third-parties as long as there is a good business there for us.”Although it’s unclear about the PS3’s current state of affairs, the console has seen its share of ‘good business’. Over its 8-year life, the PlayStation 3 has surpassed 80 million units sold including its original, slim and super slim models. This success could continue, seeing how the console also features support for the Vita handheld, and will be receiving the PlayStation Now streaming service.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

This is exactly the reason why buying a next gen console at this time is not necessary. I can get the same games on my PS3, and the games that are exclusive aren't anything special.

Edited by Blake, 27 June 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Third party is ok. First party isn't. Little Big Planet 3 would've been a system seller for a lot of people, but it's also on PS3. Same goes with Microsoft. Project Spark looks awesome, but that's also on 360 and PC (An issue that Microsoft will never be able to solve, because they need exclusives on Xbox but they also need to support PC).

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!