Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

http://superdarkyosh...t.com/#/d4k0tfq

First time I ever drawn something on a computer. Did this for a secret santa gift (lol, that poor soul) on another forum.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Unless you are approaching a different style, please consult this video made by a nine year old girl who's better than you.

Please note that all jokes that I create are to be taken as such and are not harmful remarks.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#3 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

Unless you are approaching a different style, please consult this video made by a nine year old girl who's better than you. Please note that all jokes that I create are to be taken as such and are not harmful remarks.

Silly SPW, as if age or gender actually mattered when it comes to art. Experience does matter, though.

Regarding the actual post...

I'm quite surprised at the fact that you managed such straight lines using a mouse. I would mess them up beyond that capable of a human being :P

The glow in the eyes seems too extreme.
Take a close look at where the mouth is placed and try to imagine the nose as being fully 3D... It seems you put the mouth over the nose.
Also notice you partly painted the nose white, a yoshi has a fully green nose.
The... Godzilla-like things at the back of yoshi's head expand throughout the whole head. Starting point being somewhere close to the eyes, ending point being somewhere near the neck.
You "ate" part of the cheek.

That's all the errors I could find, do keep in mind I'm lacking sleep, so I probably missed some others. Do not take this as me bashing your drawing, you simply need to know where you went wrong to improve those aspects.

It's pretty good for a mouse-only drawing, I can't imagine myself doing better than you with a mouse.

I DO have a tip, though. Use the "curve", "line" and "oval" tools. They may seem a little hard to grasp, but these will eventually minimize the effort as well as improve the cleanness of your drawing.

Practice makes perfect, so keep it up ;)

Edited by Wall Vader, 24 December 2011 - 03:01 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!