12 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

http://nintendoevery...eaves-nintendo/

For those who don't know he pretty much is the one that got all these indie games on Wii U and 3DS. Now that could potentially be bad for us as maybe less indies in the long run however the good news is for now at least should not affect things as he has done little since march and since most Wii U indie games use Unity nothing should change. Long run can't say.

EDIT: He seems confident in the team he lft to keep the goodies rolling

I’m often viewed as the main person behind Nintendo’s indie strategy and that without me, there would be no indie push by Nintendo. Although that may have been the case in the early days, in recent years the business has grown, and more and more groups have been established to take up the mantle. While my core team of awesome folks (shout out to Scott, Luke, and Shannon!) and I did everything from handle the operations to the marketing to reaching out to new developers, in the last few years whole new teams of people responsible for each of those areas have been formed. People at Nintendo don’t need to be reminded that indie games are important. They play them every day. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to leave was that there were fewer and fewer new battles to wage. Everyone was getting on the same page and starting to work together like a well-oiled machine. What fun is getting into an argument if the other person already agrees with you?

Read more at http://nintendoevery...-in-good-hands/

Edited by Ryudo, 04 August 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Im still a little peeved at nintendo for the twitter thing.

But glad hes leaving on such good terms.

And even better, Indies absolutely NEED someone like adelmen to take the next step. To go from that bite size gaming junk food, into the new world of restoring the mid tier. That same solid, fun, fresh indie goodness, but now with some healthy meat on its bones.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

And even better, Indies absolutely NEED someone like adelmen to take the next step. To go from that bite size gaming junk food, into the new world of restoring the mid tier. That same solid, fun, fresh indie goodness, but now with some healthy meat on its bones.

So pissed I have been chatting with him on twitter and he seems to be in good spirit and reiterates that Nintendo and their indie program is in good hands. Hate to see the backwards mentality of Nintendo though.

#4 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

So pissed I have been chatting with him on twitter and he seems to be in good spirit and reiterates that Nintendo and their indie program is in good hands. Hate to see the backwards mentality of Nintendo though.

Especially since they talk so much about treating employees well to keep moral up. Was really sad to see they were being so facist :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

Especially since they talk so much about treating employees well to keep moral up. Was really sad to see they were being so facist :/

Well it doesnt surprise me really just dude made a huge difference in the way indies viewed Nintendo. He made the eshop what it is today.

#6 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

What's this 'twitter thing' you're referring to?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

What's this 'twitter thing' you're referring to?

Adelman said he felt peoples pain concerning region locking, and he would bring the issue up (again) for whatever his voice was worth, and NOJ corporate pr flipped out afraid of damaged relations with partners whos owners of certain IP's in Japan, are different than the owners of aid IP's over seas (The entire goofy beurocratic red tape bs reason for Region locking) and tried to censor him, and then, even suggested instead of just stopping him from tweeting, they actually hand his twitter account to a pr suit to impersonate him.

Blargh. Corporate buttmunches crap all over everything, no matter where you go.
  • CUD likes this

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Adelman said he felt peoples pain concerning region locking, and he would bring the issue up (again) for whatever his voice was worth, and NOJ corporate pr flipped out afraid of damaged relations with partners whos owners of certain IP's in Japan, are different than the owners of aid IP's over seas (The entire goofy beurocratic red tape bs reason for Region locking) and tried to censor him, and then, even suggested instead of just stopping him from tweeting, they actually hand his twitter account to a pr suit to impersonate him.

Blargh. Corporate buttmunches crap all over everything, no matter where you go.

Wow, I don't recall hearing about that but that is some high quality BS.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 pexpress

pexpress

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

it's not one guy who will stop indie games on nintendo devices, they should find another to replace him

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

iphone 6 pas cher samsung galaxy s6

Edited by pexpress, 07 August 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

it's not one guy who will stop indie games on nintendo devices, they should find another to replace him

I love it when people post but don't read.

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I love it when people post but don't read.

Wait weren't you one of the several who did the same thing recently...?

There was that thread title something about playing Nintendo hen you're above certain age makes you weir and a bunch of people jumped in after only reading only the title and proceeded to vehemently fight about a topic that wasn't a all about what the article about?

Maybe I'm wrong but weren't you right in there saying something about clickbait?

Edited by WydrA, 06 August 2014 - 07:29 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Wait weren't you one of the several who did the same thing recently...?

There was that thread title something about playing Nintendo hen you're above certain age makes you weir and a bunch of people jumped in after only reading only the title and proceeded to vehemently fight about a topic that wasn't a all about what the article about?

Maybe I'm wrong but weren't you right in there saying something about clickbait?

I read it. Can't speak for others. So what's your point? I will say it again I been using the internet since Mario 64 was released. For some on this forum they were not even sperm in their dads sack yet so I know how to click something. Anytime you mislead people into clicking something that is click bait. You can have an article about how the sun keeps the planet from freezing and be mars. If you lead people to read it with the setup HOLY CRAP WE ALL GUNNA DIE SUN IS DYING! Well that's click bait.

BTW Sun will die in about 5 billion years. It's a middle aged sun. It's about that age now and when it does start to die it will expand into a red giant and every planet up through Mars will be engulfed.

LGtxkkJ.jpg

Edited by Ryudo, 06 August 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

I read it. Can't speak for others. So what's your point? I will say it again I been using the internet since Mario 64 was released. For some on this forum they were not even sperm in their dads sack yet so I know how to click something. Anytime you mislead people into clicking something that is click bait. You can have an article about how the sun keeps the planet from freezing and be mars. If you lead people to read it with the setup HOLY CRAP WE ALL GUNNA DIE SUN IS DYING! Well that's click bait.

BTW Sun will die in about 5 billion years. It's a middle aged sun. It's about that age now and when it does start to die it will expand into a red giant and every planet up through Mars will be engulfed.

LGtxkkJ.jpg

That's an incredibly indefinite description of clickbait but whatever.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!