Photo

Wii U Horizon where do you stand

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Wii U Horizon where do you stand (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Lets say all of these are released between 2014-2015. At that point are you happy,too little to late for you,not enough to interest you or finally living up to the potential we all wanted?

1. Yes Happy! (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. Sorry no. May or may not move towards PS4/XBO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Always been happy with Wii U (12 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

4. THIS is what I hoped for day 1. Better late than never (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

2013 had promise and started us off with Lego city and ended the year on W101,WW and 3D World. 2014 has be sluggish as well and losing major 3rd party support. We did get 2 great games in Donkey Kong and Mario Kart. Mario Kart gave Wii U a good boost.

Now lets look at the rest of 2014 and the potential of 2015. 2014 Hyrule Warriors,Bayonetta 2,Sonic Boom,Smash Bros,Toad.

2015 potentially could look like this.

Splatoon

Fatal Frame V

Xenoblade X

Legend of Zelda U

Mario Maker

Yoshi Wooly World

Kirby

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Project Cars

StarFox

Not counting the indie games. From Pier Solar,Tengami,90's Arcade Racer,Fast Racing Neo,Art of Balance U between 2014-2015

======================================

Me personally been happy so far but feel the system still has a lot of potential. Just Nintendo has been slow to get it there. That is Nintendos own fault. That said with the lineup like that this system may end up rankng personally #2 behind SNES as Nintendo's best system.

Edited by Ryudo, 14 August 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#2 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

I miss the option, Been happy all allong. Cause I don't need any of these games to be happy with my console, they are all great games and I'm interested in one more than the other but having those release in 2014/2015 doesn't make me any happier with my U than I am now.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

I miss the option, Been happy all allong. Cause I don't need any of these games to be happy with my console, they are all great games and I'm interested in one more than the other but having those release in 2014/2015 doesn't make me any happier with my U than I am now.

Added

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Starfox is due 2015? I assumed it was very early days with that game.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

Starfox is due 2015? I assumed it was very early days with that game.

http://www.vg247.com...amoto-projects/

#6 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I have been extremely happy with my Wii U since i purchased it in April of 2013. 

HOWEVER... i'm tempted to branch out and get an XBoner. I want the next AC, Forza and Madden.

#7 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yes, Happy.

But the announcement of another Gears game among others will likely have me buying an XB1 anyway. I really do love my Wii U and if I did not have the option for anything other than it and my 3DS I could so live with that.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I've been enjoying my WiiU since the day I got it. Heck, I have a small backlog of games for it. Only thing I dislike is the droughts. It helps with catching up on backlog, but it sucks not hyping up games.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

I'm happy with it but I'm getting a PS4 for those third party games so....yeah.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Excellent.

In answer to the original question, I have always been happy with my Wii U. I originally bought it because I really wanted to play ZombiU and some of the other third party games that were on offer.  But obviously I always had it in my mind that Zelda, Mario and all the other Nintendo staples would make their way to the console.

Not very excited about the rest of this year's releases but next year should be awesome if we get all that.

#11 SammyPegs

SammyPegs

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I am deffinitely happy with the Wii U with all the exclusive games coming, it would just be nice to get at least half the amount of multiplats the other two consoles are getting.

Wii U Gaming Zone - My new Wii U blog!

#12 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

I am deffinitely happy with the Wii U with all the exclusive games coming, it would just be nice to get at least half the amount of multiplats the other two consoles are getting.

Or even 15 percent......

#13 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

Or even 15 percent......

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

I'm sure there will be more games in 2015 than the ones you listed. But even then it's a great lineup, and I've been pretty happy with my Wii U since I got it. Although I do have a PS4 and a PC for multiplats that won't be hitting/getting gimped on Wii U.

#15 Stiggie U

Stiggie U

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • NNID:Stiggie U

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

Extremely happy with my new Wii U. Very sorry that I sold my last 2. Now that there is some decent games on the Wii U, I am very happy. I do have a XboxOne but I play more on the Wii U. I also just scored some bargain to increase my collection too. Just got ZombiU, The Walking Dead, Assassins Creed 3 and Black Ops II for only $30 new and sealed. So my Wii U collection will always be bigger than my XboxOne's........for now.

pikmin3.png

#16 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

I don't plan on buying one anytime soon but it does have a decent lineup. Not decent enough for me to justify spending that much on one but decent enough not to make current owners with nothing to play.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#17 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

My main platform is PC, so no third party support for Wii U doesn't bother me. Besides, I bought the system for it's exclusives anyway. I still need to catch up with DK:TF and Mario Kart 8, but other than that Zelda U, Xenoblade X and Fatal Frame V are on my must-buy list. I'm also interested in Project Cars, but am not willing to pay full price for it TBH.

Also, I'm happy with the Wii U. Nintendo exclusives are just great. I will miss LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted, but oh well, I can live with that.

Edited by TibetanMonk, 18 August 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

I don't plan on buying one anytime soon but it does have a decent lineup. Not decent enough for me to justify spending that much on one but decent enough not to make current owners with nothing to play.

How many games do you need to consider buying one?  I have about 500 hours on mine, plus another 500 or so between brother and son playing, so I think that I've justified my purchase.  Throw in another 500 for Netflix and browsing.

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

How many games do you need to consider buying one?  I have about 500 hours on mine, plus another 500 or so between brother and son playing, so I think that I've justified my purchase.  Throw in another 500 for Netflix and browsing.

Not sure if I can put a number on it really. I think I'd probably have to get one if they release a new Metroid for it.

What games make up most of that 500 hours? Console games tend to be pretty pricey compared to the deals I get on PC with Steam so I find it even harder to justify paying that much for a game that doesn't offer a lot of content for the asking price.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Not sure if I can put a number on it really. I think I'd probably have to get one if they release a new Metroid for it.

What games make up most of that 500 hours? Console games tend to be pretty pricey compared to the deals I get on PC with Steam so I find it even harder to justify paying that much for a game that doesn't offer a lot of content for the asking price.

Any RPG can have you pour hundred of hours into. Many on Eshop as well. Xenoblade X no doubt can spend that much time and more. I have 600 or so on Xenoblade. Put Over a thousand hours playing games on Wii U. Hyrule Warriors as being a Warriors game plus Adventure mode can pour tons of time into it.

Wonderful 101 can be finished in 20 hours but has tons of re playability. Lego City can put some time into. I am not going to mention multiplats you can get on PC but it does have a lot to offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!