• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

I really do. I have never played the original on the GameCube, but did have Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS which was a lot of fun. If it did come for the Wii U, I would like it to be more open though. Instead of having several individual levels inside one area, I'd like each area to be an entire level which can take a couple of hours to finish. Where you have to collect certain items/defeat certain ghosts to progress. A bit more like the original I think, but that was just limited to one mansion if I'm correct. Instead have a mansion or two, a church/graveyard area with underground tombs, etc. You get the idea.

But, even if it did have the level layout of LM2, I'm more than willing to buy the game. I really hope they're planning on making one. I'm not sure how well the series sold though. Would you be interested in a Luigi's Mansion U?

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

No ports. Leave 3DS games on 3DS. Get a second true horror series or game on Wii U. Do not make another Luigi's Mansion. Sony and MS will have the big hitters with Silent Hill and Resident Evil and Alien Isolation.

So if Nintendo revived a older horror series like Clock Tower or Eternal Darkness or made a new IP. That;s what they should do and that way they can counter not getting the other big name horror games. I'd lock Clock Tower as the series began on Nintendo consoles.

EDIT: The post was edited so  Boss and Mourn understand better as I think they misunderstood me thinking I mean make Luigi a horror game. No.

Edited by Ryudo, 23 August 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#3 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I didn't mean port LM2, I'm talking about a whole new game. Clock Tower would be great too.

#4 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hell hea, idc if it is a remake of the old or entirly new I think Nintendo could do a lot to really give it an creppy and frighting feel

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

I don't really want one, but I'd definitely get it. I didn't particularly love LM:DM, but I did like it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Of course I would.

Loved the original sooo much, infact it's in my top 10 best ever games. The second I enjoyed too but was slightly too silly and too bright, imagine a almost pitch black (just like the original) sequel in HD with nothing but a flashlight until you suck up all the ghosts or find the keys.

The particle effects and lighting would be incredible on Wii U when you take into account what the last engines did on their respective hardware.

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Instead drop Luigi and make a legit horror adventure game. Hell publish a remake of Clock Tower.

Awful Ideas inc. featuring Ryudo on "How to Kill a Good Game Franchise"

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

huh? I am not talking about making Luigi into a horror series. FFS I am not 14. Talking about Nintendo publishing a loved horror series called Clock Tower. How would Nintendo publishing Clock Tower kill it? If anything bring it back from the dead. Not even talking Luigi. Saying drop the idea of making another Luigi Mansion period. Nintendo publishes Fatal Frame now so why can't they get another horror series?

Esp one of the best ever. So a good idea is yet another Luigi game the thing Nintendo is getting the most heat for is making more of the same? How does that help them expand the appeal and get sales?

Sony and MS will be getting RE and Silent Hill. Wii U with 2 horror series as well would only balance that out. Gamepad works well with horror games as it did ZombiU as it will with Fatal Frame and it could with Clock Tower.

If not Clock Tower have their own like they did with Geist or Eternal Darkness.

Edited by Ryudo, 23 August 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

More games the better, but i think we should get games like Fatal Frame out west rather then getting a port. I love Luigis Mansion though.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

A new luigis mansion? Sure. As long as it was ground up for wii u, and a bigger more engrossing adventure.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

A new luigis mansion? Sure. As long as it was ground up for wii u, and a bigger more engrossing adventure.

yep and based on the lightning effects used in the LM game in Nintendo land it would be one looker.

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Not even talking Luigi. Saying drop the idea of making another Luigi Mansion period.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Explain how not making a horror game to broaden Wii U's appeal is a bad idea.  Give a credible argument not a snark. Putting off another entry in the series does not kill the series outright it just delays it. 3DS game is rather recent so it's not needed. Nintendo is on the verge of losing the rights to Eternal Darkness. Clock Tower has not has an entry since Haunting Ground. More people been begging Nintendo for a new ED than anyone has asked for LM3. Not like Nintendo kills off Mario games Luigi or not.

So instead of being snarky give a real response.

Sonic Says: I'm waaaaiiiitiiing!

rwLLXJi.gif

http://wiiudaily.com...ness-trademark/

A document from The United States Patent and Trademark Office has emerged which reveals that Nintendo have been given six months in which to file a statement of use of the Eternal Darkness trademark or risk losing it. They may file for extensions a total of five times, giving them a total of thirty six months to use the Eternal Darkness trademark or they will forfeit it.

With so few Wii U exclusives being targeted towards a mature audience a sequel would certainly be welcomed by many gamers. It is perhaps more likely that Nintendo may choose to release the game either as a HD remake or Virtual Console title as after ten plus years since the original game many of today’s gamers would need to be introduced to the series before buying a sequel.

Edited by Ryudo, 23 August 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Not even talking Luigi. Saying drop the idea of making another Luigi Mansion period.

Putting off another entry in the series does not kill the series outright it just delays it.

You're contradicting yourself now.  My posts had nothing to do with other horror games, just you thinking that Luigi's Mansion should stop being a thing.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

You're contradicting yourself now.  My posts had nothing to do with other horror games, just you thinking that Luigi's Mansion should stop being a thing.

No. I'm saying put it off for now and use this opportunity in this time to make a horror game while horror games are coming back in to popularity and Nintendo is on the verge of losing the rights to Eternal Darkness.

Nintendo can make a new LM later. They won't let a Mario game or spinoff game that did somewhat well die at anytime.

Then again if they can front the resources then...

#16 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

well the gamecube one was good but the 3ds one sucked so im not sure if I want a wii u one

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#17 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

well the gamecube one was good but the 3ds one sucked so im not sure if I want a wii u one

What was better about the original in your opinion? I'm curious since I did like the 3ds game but I do want certain things changed if a Wii U game will ever be made.

#18 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

What was better about the original in your opinion? I'm curious since I did like the 3ds game but I do want certain things changed if a Wii U game will ever be made.

i just thought it was better i played the 3ds one and it just wasnt fun

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

I really do, that and sunshine would be nice with motion controls imo.

#20 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

From what I've seen off both I don't like the mission structure off Dark Moon. The first was one huge house that you could explore and it had much more off that alone and creepy feel about it.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!