#1 Super Smash Bros

Super Smash Bros

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Zelda,Starfox & Super Smash Bros

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

This is excellent news Bayonetta 2-first print edition has completely sold out at game.co.uk, which is showing this game is becoming popular closer to it's release date and on the other hand Hyrule warriors: limited edition has been sold out from Nintendo official uk store and game.co.uk this game proving to be great success.

It's becoming clear Hyrule warriors:Limited edition and Bayonetta 2:first print edition are good sellers and are system sellers, just like Mario kart 8.

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Well at least Operation Platinum is off to a good start.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

people be like that gotta be cgi.. wii u can't handle it

bayonetta_monster.gif

tumblr_mo7c73leUE1sskqzho1_500.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 MarvelofMan

MarvelofMan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:MarvelofMan

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

wow those are great results for pre orders

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

people be like that gotta be cgi.. wii u can't handle it

bayonetta_monster.gif

tumblr_mo7c73leUE1sskqzho1_500.gif

What i love about this game is as nice as it looks on youtube, it'll look even nicer on my tv :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

According to VGC, Bayonetta 2 has 40k+ preorders in the US alone so far and the game doesn't launch until 10 weeks(from when the preorder chart was last updated), could easily get to around 60k-70k that amount of type, especially after the ND. I think this game should definitely pay off it's own bills. Hopefully it will sell a million lifetime, probably won't happen by the end of the year though. This game is most likely gonna drop off the charts by the end of the year, though I think with some additional Nintendo themed content, it should crawl its way to a million in a few years.

Edited by Colinx, 05 September 2014 - 02:58 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

According to VGC, Bayonetta 2 has 40k+ preorders in the US alone so far and the game doesn't launch until 10 weeks(from when the preorder chart was last updated), could easily get to around 60k-70k that amount of type, especially after the ND. I think this game should definitely pay off it's own bills. Hopefully it will sell a million lifetime, probably won't happen by the end of the year though. This game is most likely gonna drop off the charts by the end of the year, though I think with some additional Nintendo themed content, it should crawl its way to a million in a few years.

A million is definitely a little hopeful. I would be beyond happy if it sold more than 500k since that about what it did on PS3 and Xbone (i think). Anyway 40k preorders is what Bayonetta did on day 1 for Xbox 360, so these numbers are already pre' good y'know?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

A third party game for the Wii U sold out? IMPOSSIBRU!!!

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

What i love about this game is as nice as it looks on youtube, it'll look even nicer on my tv :D

Honestly it's frustrating to watch on Youtube as the compression is so bad it's doing the game a MASSIVE disservice. Visually and framerate will be so heavenly playing a console. I envy those playing the first Bayonetta for the first time. Also I do suggest they play Bayo before Bayo2.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Amazon.fr still has version available
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Lyces

Lyces

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

As well for pre order on the official nintendo store.

http://store.nintend...n/10994347.html

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

A million is definitely a little hopeful. I would be beyond happy if it sold more than 500k since that about what it did on PS3 and Xbone (i think). Anyway 40k preorders is what Bayonetta did on day 1 for Xbox 360, so these numbers are already pre' good y'know?

The original Bayonetta sold over 1 million on the PS3 and about 100k below a million on the 360. The numbers are certainly good for the US alone, especially considering how niche this game is, the console it's on and the user base of the console. Let's just see where marketing can take this. I predict Nintendo will not be having TV commercials for this game, but probably will do some IGN ads like they did for Wonderful101.

2lvmghw.png

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

The original Bayonetta sold over 1 million on the PS3 and about 100k below a million on the 360. The numbers are certainly good for the US alone, especially considering how niche this game is, the console it's on and the user base of the console. Let's just see where marketing can take this. I predict Nintendo will not be having TV commercials for this game, but probably will do some IGN ads like they did for Wonderful101.

Ugh, dnag that's more than I thought it was :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

Japanese Commercials:

https://www.youtube....ist=TLKFeueC...

https://www.youtube....ist=TLKFeueC...

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:01 AM

TV Spots for NA too plz.

Plz Nintendo, we need more advertising ;_;

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:52 AM

Amazon.fr still has version available

Thank you for posting that. I missed out on preordering that version at GAME which is the only UK retailer to be selling it. I've just preordered it from Amazon France for £58.54 including shipping which is cheaper then Nintendo's site and I suspect the same as GAME if not cheaper.

#17 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'm the only one here that's skeptical about the sales of this game. Yes it's sold out, but exactly how many we're in stock to begin with? I'll wait till the sales have popped up before I start bragging to other people about it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm the only one here that's skeptical about the sales of this game. Yes it's sold out, but exactly how many we're in stock to begin with? I'll wait till the sales have popped up before I start bragging to other people about it.

Bayonetta 2 sales can go either way. Lets break it down real quick.

First game sold nearly 2 million on 2 systems despite the PS3 version was terrible.

However this was a new IP with no est brand or fanbase outside maybe some from DMC series.

PG games never sell all that great no matter the system. Last time they had a console exclusive before WiiU was Madworld and it sold over half a million. Enough to make profit but not enough to satisfy SEGA. W101 did not sell great but again new IP and is a hard sell to begin with until you play it.

Bayonetta 2 only on Wii U move that is very controversial since day 1. Wii U sales nore not setting the world on fire.

Many Wii U fans never played the first. You are getting the first. Bayonetta is a franchise now with an est fanbase and been hyped for 2 years. Wii U includes first game. Nintendo costumes. M rated game published by Nintendo on a Nintendo console. First one since NInja Gaiden III Razors Edge.

Game has a bunch going against it and a bunch going for it. Good news is PG is already paid for the game. Bad news is Nintendo isn't. Good  news is Nintendo and PG want to make the 3rd game together. So it depends on sales now. Nintendo needs TV ads. Gamers need to buy it. Otherwise maybe the last PG game on Wii U.

I honestly urge any wii U owner to buy it. Maybe does not interest you yet but it's the bigger picture of Nintendo getting more M rated published games. If we don't show interest even Nintendo may lose interest.

Sales can go either way but I know I have done my part and hope more do the same.

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Bayonetta 2 sales can go either way. Lets break it down real quick.

First game sold nearly 2 million on 2 systems despite the PS3 version was terrible.

However this was a new IP with no est brand or fanbase outside maybe some from DMC series.

PG games never sell all that great no matter the system. Last time they had a console exclusive before WiiU was Madworld and it sold over half a million. Enough to make profit but not enough to satisfy SEGA. W101 did not sell great but again new IP and is a hard sell to begin with until you play it.

Bayonetta 2 only on Wii U move that is very controversial since day 1. Wii U sales nore not setting the world on fire.

Many Wii U fans never played the first. You are getting the first. Bayonetta is a franchise now with an est fanbase and been hyped for 2 years. Wii U includes first game. Nintendo costumes. M rated game published by Nintendo on a Nintendo console. First one since NInja Gaiden III Razors Edge.

Game has a bunch going against it and a bunch going for it. Good news is PG is already paid for the game. Bad news is Nintendo isn't. Good  news is Nintendo and PG want to make the 3rd game together. So it depends on sales now. Nintendo needs TV ads. Gamers need to buy it. Otherwise maybe the last PG game on Wii U.

I honestly urge any wii U owner to buy it. Maybe does not interest you yet but it's the bigger picture of Nintendo getting more M rated published games. If we don't show interest even Nintendo may lose interest.

Sales can go either way but I know I have done my part and hope more do the same.

Not just Nintendo. We need to show the third parties and other systems' fanboys that Mature games can sell on Nintendo systems if done right.

Edited by WydrA, 06 September 2014 - 01:15 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

The first edition print is now sold out on Amazon France too. Glad I preordered it from them when I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!