Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:
    ☃

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

http://www.eurogamer...ign=socialoomph

Tabata's also in pursuit of a Final Fantasy that's not as overwhelming as its predecessors, and one that can be enjoyed by a broader audience. "With Final Fantasy 15, I do want to make it more casual," he says. "Of course the depth of the game is going to be there, but I want to make it so players can easily experience the satisfaction of the depth of the game." There's an option to set that car to drive itself, allowing players to sit back and take in the sights - although there is also an option to drive it manually, should they want to engage more fully with the world.

"Another example is in the combat," explains Tabata. "With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves."

eEG8Ies.png

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

Just when I thought it was getting interesting, why is he making these changes? No casual person is going to buy it, none that I can think of anyway. I don't normally see casual people go out and buy final fantasy games. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:34 AM

Final Fantasy Temple Run confirmed.

Limited edition controller available

sq0eHl.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:06 AM

Urgh. So not like Xenoblade then.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

Saw it coming a million miles away. This world is no longer square.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

Saw it coming a million miles away. This world is no longer square.

IOS, Android controls confirmed. Scaleable.  :)

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

IOS, Android controls confirmed. Scaleable.  :)

Not scaleable, streamable, cell phone controls are taking the priority because they want Xv to be the poster child for their new streaming service, which means the game is designed to be so braindead and AI assisted/automated, even severe lag and phone touch controls wont affect the experience.

So, theyve removed the 'cerebral experience' from rpg's, to give the appearence and visual flash of an action game, but with none of the satisfaction of skill that comes with making an action game look awesome, it just, and I quote, 'The AI selects the most appropriate move to perform when you push the button'.

This is literally every box on my personal check list of the things that are destroying videogames checked.

Thank Zohar for Nintendo and Monolithsoft.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

I kind of feel bad when I am so right about things like this. I remember making a kid so butt hurt here because I literally told him squeenix would do this exact thing, and tried to warn so that when THIS happened, he didnt flip out from being so invested.

I dont WANT everything to turn to crap, I just see that it is.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Oh my.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Oh my.

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

Just when I thought it was getting interesting, why is he making these changes? No casual person is going to buy it, none that I can think of anyway. I don't normally see casual people go out and buy final fantasy games. 

I'm a casual gamer. I'm getting Final Fantasy XV.

Go ahead, fight me. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR

casual.jpg

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

POPULAR

I'm a casual gamer. I'm getting Final Fantasy XV.

Go ahead, fight me. 

*Calls himself casual, is a mod on a gaming fourm site*

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

Okami isn't casual so you're not casual in the sense people associate the term to as an insult. Most people who use the term in a derogatory way are hypocrites as CoD is as casual as they get. It's far to subjective of a term anyway so don't put too much merit into it.

For a 3D full on Action RPG you can't have it very simple. Even full on action games like Platinum Games Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising it's basically 4 buttons for attacks and combos not to mention pushing the analog stick in certain directions for combos. So anyone who says like an action game (I have seen that sadly) is wrong. Even Ys adds some depth and they are not complicated games.

#16 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

*Calls himself casual, is a mod on a gaming fourm site*

There's definitely a reason why i'm a mod for the "General Discussion" section and not any of the gaming sections. I really don't even consider myself good at video games. 

I've never beaten a Final Fantasy game or a RPG. I really struggle with them. I mainly play them for the story, and don't really care for the turn-based combat. I am getting Final Fantasy because it seems more action oriented and kind of reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. Bringing the game to a wider audience while still making it complex isn't a bad thing in my mind. 

fox.gif

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

There's definitely a reason why i'm a mod for the "General Discussion" section and not any of the gaming sections. I really don't even consider myself good at video games. 

I've never beaten a Final Fantasy game or a RPG. I really struggle with them. I mainly play them for the story, and don't really care for the turn-based combat. I am getting Final Fantasy because it seems more action oriented and kind of reminds me of Kingdom Hearts for some reason. Bringing the game to a wider audience while still making it complex isn't a bad thing in my mind. 

Try the Ys series. Easy to get into pure action combat also has difficulty settings. From Easy to Nightmare. The first game on steam uses the bump system but after than it's using the action button to swing the sword.

Can start with those and Origins on Steam or PSN. I dunno why the second vid is like that. Game doesn't do that so don't worry.

Edited by Ryudo, 23 September 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Very rarely does anyone care for the turn based combat. Like the table top rpg's they evolved from, the combat was simply the best fit representation for the time and technology. Games that made such poor combat the main focus of the game were called the derrogitary term 'hack n slash' to indicate their lack of substance, a term thats meaning has been lost.

The RPG's known for enjoyable turn based combat are rare, and typically groundbreaking, like the system in chrono trigger, or a less rigid more player controlled battle simulation like xenoblades. What jrpg's, the good ones, came to be known for, what was so great that the player would put up with the often mediocre combat, was a world full of wonder and awe to explore. Compared to other genres, it was the difference between going on a safari into uncharted territories, and going on the frontierland safari adventure at disneyland.

FFXV is not more action oriented. Its not anything oriented. You dont even really play it. The computer does. You push a single button, and the computer selects the 'most appropriate' move from your deck to use. You hold the button and the computer does all your moves, then reshuffles the deck to continue.

Okay, so the combat is terrible, but at least its flashy. RPG players have put up with often mediocre combat plenty of times before to get the good out of rpg's...

Oh, this one has no goods. Its on rails, literally, the game is glued to a highway, it is a theme park ride. Just like every single other AAA bubblegum blockbuster. There is no shortage of games like ffXV. The AAA market is beyond oversaturated with them, so there is no shortage of games for the 'wider market'.

Contrary to that, games for the people who enjoyed what ff used to be have all but gone extinct. ESPECIALLY, the ones that focus on having an engaging world as the main mechanic. There are more beasties in the Loch than games for us. There was Xenoblade, back in 2010, and in 2015, there is Xenoblade chronicles X. Thats it. That is all there is.

So yes,Squeenix saying theyve given up on trying to figure out where they went wrong with engaging rpg's (FFVII was the turning point into doom) and making a AAA theme park ride instead, is like taking a small crusted peice of bread away from a skeletal starving man, and tossing it onto a giant mountain of food reserved for gelatinous blobs of overindulged bloated, morbidly obese gluttons.

Forgive us if we find something wrong with that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I said it before SE is now a shell of it's former self after Sakaguchi left the company!!!

#20 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

Very rarely does anyone care for the turn based combat. Like the table top rpg's they evolved from, the combat was simply the best fit representation for the time and technology. Games that made such poor combat the main focus of the game were called the derrogitary term 'hack n slash' to indicate their lack of substance, a term thats meaning has been lost.

The RPG's known for enjoyable turn based combat are rare, and typically groundbreaking, like the system in chrono trigger, or a less rigid more player controlled battle simulation like xenoblades. What jrpg's, the good ones, came to be known for, what was so great that the player would put up with the often mediocre combat, was a world full of wonder and awe to explore. Compared to other genres, it was the difference between going on a safari into uncharted territories, and going on the frontierland safari adventure at disneyland.

FFXV is not more action oriented. Its not anything oriented. You dont even really play it. The computer does. You push a single button, and the computer selects the 'most appropriate' move from your deck to use. You hold the button and the computer does all your moves, then reshuffles the deck to continue.

Okay, so the combat is terrible, but at least its flashy. RPG players have put up with often mediocre combat plenty of times before to get the good out of rpg's...

Oh, this one has no goods. Its on rails, literally, the game is glued to a highway, it is a theme park ride. Just like every single other AAA bubblegum blockbuster. There is no shortage of games like ffXV. The AAA market is beyond oversaturated with them, so there is no shortage of games for the 'wider market'.

Contrary to that, games for the people who enjoyed what ff used to be have all but gone extinct. ESPECIALLY, the ones that focus on having an engaging world as the main mechanic. There are more beasties in the Loch than games for us. There was Xenoblade, back in 2010, and in 2015, there is Xenoblade chronicles X. Thats it. That is all there is.

So yes,Squeenix saying theyve given up on trying to figure out where they went wrong with engaging rpg's (FFVII was the turning point into doom) and making a AAA theme park ride instead, is like taking a small crusted peice of bread away from a skeletal starving man, and tossing it onto a giant mountain of food reserved for gelatinous blobs of overindulged bloated, morbidly obese gluttons.

Forgive us if we find something wrong with that.

I'm not quite sure what the intention was for, but​ that last line was rather passive aggressive. 

Anyway, how can we even know for sure when we haven't even played the game? We are purely basing on quotes and trailers right now. I have to admit, from your explanation it would be understandable as to why rails aren't a good thing along with merely button mashing. The creator said that he also wanted to keep the gameplay's complexity though. 

fox.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!