• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

I have about 2 dozen Wii U games ranging from the fun and simple NintendoLand to the gorgeous looking Rayman Legends.  I know graphics is only a small part of what makes a great game but it is still important.  What do you think is the best looking WIi U game out at the moment? After debating between the likes of Trine 2, NanoAssault Neo, Rayman Legends, MK8, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World

I give the nod to a remaster of a nearly perfect game that is the LoZ:WWHD:

90669_WiiU_LoZWWHD_website_02.jpgZelda-Wind-Waker-HD-2.jpg

92470_WiiU_LoZWWHD_Website_NewFeatures_H

Can't wait for the "NEW" cel-shaded Zelda coming out next year!!! It'll be a classic!

Edited by DarkMagician77, 03 October 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#2 hd94

hd94

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

After playing wind waker HD, I don't understand why people still hates cell-shaded Zelda game. It might not be best, but it is still not a bad decision

#3 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

After playing wind waker HD, I don't understand why people still hates cell-shaded Zelda game. It might not be best, but it is still not a bad decision

I actually think this will age better screenshot1.jpg

than this:

zelda-wii-u.jpg

which to me would have aged better than these:

Witcher_3_13945625798947.jpg2409004-0841166060-t8UBb.jpg

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:11 AM

The great thing is, there are MANY great looking games on the Wii U. Especially 1st party titles. Great graphics coupled with superior art style makes games like SM3DW, DKCTF, MK8 stand out. 

Then we have Bayonetta 2 coming out in NA and other areas October 24th. The game looks spectacular especially in some of the city areas. Great environments and set pieces.

original.jpg

bayonetta-2-screenshot-7.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:16 AM

more gorgeous Wii U screens from the little console that could:

Pikmin-3-Screenshot09.jpgnintendoland.pngthe-wonderful-101-2-13.jpg

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

I highly recommend reviving this thread here. It is a screen shot thread with some spoilers.

http://thewiiu.com/t...poilers-within/

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

@sorceror12 agreed despite the supposed superiority in specs of other current gen consoles; Nintendo's artistic style and finally being in HD really makes for beautiful games!!!

Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze-Revi89365.jpg10.jpg

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

I always thought Nintendo Land looks amazing. Especially the lighting... love when the train takes off into the air. It looks stunning. Zelda mini game looks great

#9 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:25 AM

I always thought Nintendo Land looks amazing. Especially the lighting... love when the train takes off into the air. It looks stunning. Zelda mini game looks great

I agree simple yet pleasing!!!!

Damn...the Wii U has some beautiful games!!!

I highly recommend reviving this thread here. It is a screen shot thread with some spoilers.

http://thewiiu.com/t...poilers-within/

Cool...I'll look into it!!!

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

I think Zombi U at first got a bad rap because the game looks ok and not spectacular. (time restraints and budget had a lot to do with it) The game has amazing gameplay, there are some times I thought the character models could have been better but some of the scenery.. and again that Wii U lighting helps capture the mood perfectly.

ZombiU-Kitchen.jpg

zombiu_02.jpg

I like threads like this. Makes me want to go back and revisit some of the games again.

Edited by Sorceror12, 04 October 2014 - 03:29 AM.

#11 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:34 AM

I think Zombi U at first got a bad rap because the game looks ok and not spectacular. (time restraints and budget had a lot to do with it) The game has amazing gameplay, there are some times I thought the character models could have been better but some of the scenery.. and again that Wii U lighting helps capture the mood perfectly.

ZombiU-Kitchen.jpg

Yeah despite the time constraints and lower budget (Ubisoft is unicorn tongueing that this hasn't made a profit) it turned out to be a decent/good game comparable to some mid-late gen games on the Xbox 360!!!

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:45 AM

Sonic Lost World really has some nice moments with the level design.

Sonic-Lost-World.jpg

Sonic-Lost-World-21-1280x720.jpg

#13 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

I mean ZombieU sure isn't going to win awards in visuals but it ain't that far from many PS3/360 top tier First Person games.

ZombiU

zombiu_39.jpg

L4D2

Foto+Left+4+Dead+2.jpg

Dead Space 3dead-space-3-pc-ps3-xbox-360-screenshots

Sonic Lost World really has some nice moments with the level design.

Sonic-Lost-World.jpg

Sonic-Lost-World-21-1280x720.jpg

The Wiii U has plenty under the hood for what Nintendo needs. 

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

I REALLY hope Nintendo makes the new Zelda game 1080P at 60 FPS, the frame drops in WW HD are really disappointing...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:29 AM

I REALLY hope Nintendo makes the new Zelda game 1080P at 60 FPS, the frame drops in WW HD are really disappointing...

An open world Zelda doesn't need to be at 60 fps. A solid 30fps is what it will be. Also the drops in Wind Waker, I am pretty sure they were there in the Game Cube version thus trying to remedy those would require a ton of extra work. Most frame drops occur during some sailing portions, and water cannon.

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

An open world Zelda doesn't need to be at 60 fps. A solid 30fps is what it will be. Also the drops in Wind Waker, I am pretty sure they were there in the Game Cube version thus trying to remedy those would require a ton of extra work. Most frame drops occur during some sailing portions, and water cannon.

With an open world zelda game there's probably lots of stuff that will be going on on the world map, will most likely cause lots of frame drops and lag to happen... 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

What Zelda U needs at this moment is more contrast in the colors, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/JZQdnNc.jpg

But it looks amazing already and I'm sure it will possibly be one of the prettiest games ever. WWHD is at this moment one of the best looking adventure games ever IMO, however they could have put more effort into it. Some poly counts are still very average and some textures just look like GC textures with upped resolution. Ultimately, I think SM3DW might be the prettiest Wii U game. It's the best looking 3D platformer I've ever played for sure.

I also want you guys to look at the official, amazingly hi-res screenshots for Zelda U: http://www.nintendo....60.html#Galerie

It just looks unlike any game I've ever seen before and it's hard to spot any flaws. This is what the Wii U was made for.

Never experienced framedrops in WWHD, just on the Gamecube.. but  I agree that 30fps is sufficient. I'd rather have my game be 1080p at 30fps than 720p at 60fps.

No sig.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

WizoHft.jpg

b3RqTHI.jpg

g1eMIxC.jpg

D1tqQ5j.jpg

Since Zelda been mentioned I will show another upcoming game that is flat out georgous.

hD4AGQm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!