Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

These figures are 1 full month since EU and US launches, but 1 day since Japanese launch.

VGChartz estimates Bayonetta 2 on it's own has sold around 250,000 units worldwide as of the 25th of October.

US 121,752
EU 48,867
JP 53,176

Global Bayonetta 2 Sales 249,290
Wii U consoles worldwide 7,247,536

That's a 3.44% attach rate of the game to console.

Compared to Bayonetta 1, which released on October 29, 2009

x360 305,803
ps3 142,382

[ game from release to 7th november using vgchartz data, console data from http://www.statista....-game-consoles/ ]
total 448,185
consoles 21,110,000

2.13% attach rate.
Of Note:
The closest data on consoles I could find are yearly totals, so the consoles are at after christmas 2008 figures, which is more favourable for them in this context.

Nintendo wins again.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

These figures are 1 full month since EU and US launches, but 1 day since Japanese launch.

VGChartz estimates Bayonetta 2 on it's own has sold around 250,000 units worldwide as of the 25th of October.

US 121,752
EU 48,867
JP 53,176

Global Bayonetta 2 Sales 249,290
Wii U consoles worldwide 7,247,536

That's a 3.44% attach rate of the game to console.

Compared to Bayonetta 1, which released on October 29, 2009

x360 305,803
ps3 142,382

[ game from release to 7th november using vgchartz data, console data from http://www.statista....-game-consoles/ ]
total 448,185
consoles 21,110,000

2.13% attach rate.
Of Note:
The closest data on consoles I could find are yearly totals, so the consoles are at after christmas 2008 figures, which is more favourable for them in this context.

Nintendo wins again.

Thanks for posting this info even if from VGchartz. Numbers are what I expected so it seems like it isn't overblown. Funny thing is the Wii U also had some higher attach rates for some 3rd party ports and games like Zombi U which Ubisoft apparently said they were not happy with sales but the attach rate was pretty damn good.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

These are actually decent figures (although not great). Nice to see.

#4 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

Not a great start, but not bad either.  I expect about 500k in sales by the years end, and depending on Nintendo, if they are willing to ship copies down the road for the bargain bin, it could eventually reach a million.  If they hold the price, then 700k would be my guess.

#5 Bongbuddy

Bongbuddy

Goomba

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Another bomb on the Wii U. Not surprised at all.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Isn't it rather pathetic and sad what it says about you to take time out of the day to troll for a couple of giggles. I'm sorry about your life bro.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

It's a niche title. I don' think anyone expected it to shift huge numbers, especially not this soon after release.

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Isn't it rather pathetic and sad what it says about you to take time out of the day to troll for a couple of giggles. I'm sorry about your life bro.

Virtually every post has been negative towards Nintendo/Wii U. I think he better start reading forum rules.

I suggest reading this, http://thewiiu.com/f...forums-ruleset/

Specifically, 

No bashing, insulting, or otherwise pointlessly slandering Nintendo or their competitors. We're a community of respectful Nintendo fans. If you're here only to talk trash, don't even bother joining. That said, blind fanboyism (be it of Nintendo or any other company) will not be tolerated, either - if you've got something negative to say about any of the big three, it's fine to do so as long as it's phrased constructively and you know what you're talking about.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

Its not actually that bad

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

I will definitely buy this eventually. It wasn't at the top of my last because I'm just not very good at combo-based action games

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

I will definitely buy this eventually. It wasn't at the top of my last because I'm just not very good at combo-based action games

If you're not very good at combo-based action games, you should get Bayo 2 to become good at combo-based action games!

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Start on easy or touch controls and when you feel you have it down switch to normal or up.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

I definately enjoy create your own combo styles like tw101 better than strict button combo memorization.

But with a combo guide popping up every load screen, and available via pause menu at all times, youll have a tight core list of 'old reliables' in no time flat, which you can slowly expand... well, forever if you want.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

It's sitting at 630,000 sales now. Add digital to that and it's probably around 750,000 (not exactly sure what percentage is digital).

I imagine that's probably considered a success for them. Compared to the sales of the original which was targeting platforms that had much larger install bases, this is pretty good.

Hopefully we'll see a 3rd.

Bayonetta 2 doesn't really require you to be good at combos. Not unless you're wanting to try the highest level stuff. Your dodge-timing is far more valuable.

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

250k isn't great, but it's not bad either. Hopefully the Wii U sales boosts from Zelda/Star Fox/etc. get Bayo 2 1 million worldwide. 

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

250k isn't great, but it's not bad either. Hopefully the Wii U sales boosts from Zelda/Star Fox/etc. get Bayo 2 1 million worldwide. 

That's not current. That's November. Game is on pace to hit 1 mill. It has legs.

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

it will be a happy day for me when it hits 1 million in sales. I really hope we have not seen the last of Nintendo and Platinum on the Wii U.

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

Bayo 3?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!