NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011. So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time. For a while now, when fans from Japan and around the world would ask me if we were working on a Majora's Mask remake, I would silently plead in my heart, thinking, “Please wait a bit longer!” (laughs).

https://miiverse.nin...CAADMUKmIuDSagA

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

Great news! (For us)

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aunouma

When it's closer to its release date, I’ll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this comunity, so stay tuned!

Great news! (For us)

Some of the comparison pictures I have been looking at are quite impressive. Many areas have been totally redone and look phenomenal. 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:56 AM

This might be a really dumb question, but will it run on the old 3DS?

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

This might be a really dumb question, but will it run on the old 3DS?

There isn't any information of improvements or features for the "new 3ds", the game has been in the works for a few years on the current 3ds hardware.

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

lol I love how troll nintendo was about this. "You want majora's mask? hmmm we'll think about..." next time they're inevitably asked about it "Hmmm, we're really looking at the possibilities for something like this"

I mean is a it a wonder Miyamoto was laughing his butt off every time people asked? At the same time it must have been pretty great knowing the game was gonna sell like hotcakes as it was being developed.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

I seem someone make a good point about this, they said they delayed it this long since there were all sorts of other zelda games being made/released (WWHD, link to the past, Hyrule Warriors), next it'll be majoras mask then Zelda U

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

For it to be in development for 3 years, it had to be put on hold for a long, long time... it took 6 months to remaster Wind Waker for Wii U.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

For it to be in development for 3 years, it had to be put on hold for a long, long time... it took 6 months to remaster Wind Waker for Wii U.

I think so too, and you figure they would want ALBW to have it's time on the market without any other handheld zelda distraction. I'd expect the Wii U to pick up another remake Zelda, not sure if it would come before Zelda U or after... all depends upon how on schedule they are for 2015.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

I know someone who wouldn't play this game due to the fact Link is a kid throughout the whole adventure. I tried to explain how this game offered change in other ways, but they wouldn't listen.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

I think so too, and you figure they would want ALBW to have it's time on the market without any other handheld zelda distraction. I'd expect the Wii U to pick up another remake Zelda, not sure if it would come before Zelda U or after... all depends upon how on schedule they are for 2015.

For some time they had Wind Waker HD, Zelda U and ALBW, plus MM 3D. The latter one was not a priority and Nintendo doesn't want to release to many Zeldas at the same time - which they already are on 3DS.

I also suspect there's another Zelda coming, for Wii U, that is. There's no way that they can release two mainline game Zeldas for home console anymore. They have become to big of a project to release two of them during a single generation. Wii also got two and one was a port.

Problem is either they release a Twilight Princess remake in 2016 or we will only see another remake at the launch of the next console. Twilight Princess remake again to launch a console would also be a great idea.
Delaying Zelda U and replacing it with TP probably would not work as a system seller for the holidays. People are already in love with the premises and graphics of Zelda U. :)

Edited by DéliopT, 09 November 2014 - 04:40 AM.

#12 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

Here's some things I was thinking about the news which I posted on my own blog.

One thing I find very bizarre is the fact that it has taken three years to develop the remake of a game that only took roughly one year to develop. True they have to enhance all the visuals and other mechanisms for the 3DS, but surely the existence of Ocarina of Time 3D would save on time, wouldn’t it? Yes that is very true, however seeing how Master Quest was present in Ocarina 3D, it is likely to have one for Majora’s Mask 3D. But there is something to remember, Master Quest Already existed for Ocarina of Time, whereas it didn’t for Majora’s Mask, or at least to our knowledge is didn’t. Another reason for the long development time could also just be because they were prioritising other game development and wanted to release A Link Between Worlds first.

3DS_ZeldaMajoras-Mask_1107_08.jpg?zoom=2

Some fans seem to think that maybe they are creating a new dungeon or two. Now that would be very welcome, but you have to bear in mind that this would drastically affect the story of the game. The only way I can think they could add a new dungeon is if they created a new Skulltula house or another type of mini dungeon.

One piece of information I am definitely welcoming is the fact they are making the gaming experience smother. Obviously, this is something which is supposed to happen in a remake, but there are certain aspects which definitely need this. We already saw it in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time 3D, Nintendo completely streamlined how you would progress through it as you didn’t have to continuously pause the game to change your boots. The remake utilised the touch screen for item switching, meaning your game was never interrupted by pausing the game constantly. There is another one of these temples in Majora’s Mask, the Stone Tower Temple, but this had it even more tedious. This temple required mass item switching, especially when it came to the Elegy of Emptiness.

3DS_ZeldaMajoras-Mask_1107_04.jpg?zoom=2

Finally, Aonuma goes on to say how even though the remake will have new features, they are still trying to make sure the game stays true to its roots, especially the dark and creepy feel that it was renowned for.

Some of the things above are quite self explanatory but it's still worth going into a bit of depth :P

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

With Wind Waker, they probably just programmed new lighting and used higher quality version of old textures they had. With Majora's Mask, they probably had to remake assets. Just a guess.

#14 Teddy

Teddy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • NNID:latios
  • Fandom:
    mlp

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

majoras mask is the only good Zelda game imo

cant have signature cuz of internet explorer :/

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

majoras mask is the best Zelda game

Fixed.

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

How many Zelda games have you played all the way through?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

PpsdVxS.gif

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

With Wind Waker, they probably just programmed new lighting and used higher quality version of old textures they had. With Majora's Mask, they probably had to remake assets. Just a guess.

Yeah, they have the names of the people who redid the textures in the credits. Aside from that, they used a new lighting engine, and piled on effects like bloom and ao, and streamlined some annoying things like sailing and triforce hunt. Geometry was untouched from cube.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:32 AM

Like this cover a LOT

91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg

Comparison showing updates from n64 version to 3ds.

Clearly better textures, high poly counts, much better lighting.

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 November 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#20 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

You think they'ii make the Link amiibo compatible with MM via the *New* 3DS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!