• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

super-smash-bros-wii-u-bundle.jpg?4e66d9

http://wiiudaily.com...s-wii-u-bundle/

I really don't think this would happen.. this holiday... but hey anything to increase that install base is great in my book.

The Holiday shopping season and Black Friday are almost upon us, which means two things: lots of discounted games, and lots of bundles. Usually retailers package their own console bundles for Black Friday, while the general Holiday bundles come straight from the console makers such as Nintendo, who can guarantee plenty of supply to everyone.

According to rumors (and the leaked image above), Nintendo will release a Super Smash Bros Wii U bundle this Holiday season. As the image shows, the bundle will reportedly include a 32 GB Wii U Deluxe set, a copy of Super Smash Bros, a GameCube controller, and a GameCube Wii U adapter as well. There’s no mention of a price for the bundle.

Keep in mind that this isn’t official by any means. In fact, while the box looks pretty neat, the “Included” title on the lower right side of the box looks a bit off — it’s not the same typeface Nintendo has been using on other Wii U bundles, and Nintendo tends to use the wording “Includes”, not “Included”.

Even if this turns out to be a fake mockup, a Super Smash Bros Wii U bundle sounds like a no brainer — it would be a great deal for potential new Wii U owners. If the price is right, of course.

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 November 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Behold, for it is I, crusher of dreams, porer of horses: http://nintendonews....-u-bundle-fake/

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

Behold, for it is I, crusher of dreams, porer of horses: http://nintendonews....-u-bundle-fake/

haha, thanks, Didn't think the image was real either, but a surprise bundle isn't out of the question... however I would not expect it to be SMASH. At least not this year.

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 November 2014 - 07:03 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

If Nintendo made this bundle, they would get SO many Wii U sales during the holidays...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

If Nintendo made this bundle, they would get SO many Wii U sales during the holidays...

Agreed. But given the XBox One just dropped in price to $349 and with two games, I think the Wii U should drop in price soon too.

Edited by Porhorse, 09 November 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

Agreed. But given the XBox One just dropped in price to $349 and with two games, I think the Wii U should drop in price soon too.

It won't, the gamepad itself is responsible for about half the price of the thing, if they drop the price down anymore they won't be able to maek a profit from it. 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Not to mention Wii U is already the cheapest console on the market by far. It really doesn't need a price drop.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

I know one person that would buy it with a price drop. But again, only one person.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

You have to keep in mind that a lot of people who say that also just say that because they aren't truly interested in buying the system. You can see it just in the number of people saying Wii U needs a price drop and that the other two consoles don't when Wii U already is the cheapest, with the most and the best games out of any of the current gen consoles.

that may not necessarily e true of your friend, but at the same time, I have to ask, why can't these people just save a little longer? Money doesn't just disappear if you don't spend it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

You have to keep in mind that a lot of people who say that also just say that because they aren't truly interested in buying the system. You can see it just in the number of people saying Wii U needs a price drop and that the other two consoles don't when Wii U already is the cheapest, with the most and the best games out of any of the current gen consoles.
that may not necessarily e true of your friend, but at the same time, I have to ask, why can't these people just save a little longer? Money doesn't just disappear if you don't spend it.

I think you're right...

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

The reason why there is no Smash bundle was revealed in their earnings report. Basically they have an excess supply of consoles that they need to sell through. There are still bundles with must have games out there to entice people, it isn't like they can't grab the Mario Kart 8 bundle and pick up Smash on the side.

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!