• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

To give an example, look at these videos. One is DirectX 11 and the other is OpenGL 4.0. Both look very good. and then I point this out because to run OpenGL 4.0 all you need is a AMD Radeon HD 5xxx series. Now I know it is rumored that Nintendo is basing their console off a Radeon HD 47xx series, however thats probably where they STARTED and went from there, gave the customizations to run OpenGL 4.0.

But these graphics looks amazing and I can not wait to see Link in a world with THESE graphics or even better.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

There's nothing impossible about 768MB of EDRAM, The number of cores, and amount of RAM have nothing to do with each other, FPGAs wouldn't be able to properly simulate RAM like they can if it wasn't the case. It would increase the physical size of the chip in question. Keep in mind though, with larger chips comes more cost to make them, due to how imperfections in semiconductor manufacturing work.

I said that it was impossible with the specs that have actually been confirmed

Posted Image

#23 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

I for one am impressed with the hardware showcased so far. We do need to remember this is a console not a computer. And I have to say all this talk of hardcore versus casual is utterly ridiculous. Both markets are necessary for an industry to survive. If there were only rated M games with gorgeous graphics and gore, there would be a complete and total alienation of a perfectly good demographic. I believe the wii u will be successful in that it will encompass both demographics cohesively and strike a balance between the two.

Let's not forget that third party developers are responsible for their own destiny (that sounds so corny). They chose this last generation to abandon the big N for the shiny red shoes, thinking they were going to go to oz. This past generation could have been a perfect opportunity for third parties to shine on nintendo with a great motion sensored game. They chose however to go in the opposite direction, thinking that since the journalists and media were in the pockets of PS and XBox that the consumer would be maniplated that nintendo was going the way of the dodo.

This however, we know is not the case. The balance between the power of the console, the cost of production, and innovation is important to consider. IF all nintendo did was obssess over what the competition did the they would be heading down the path of sega (sorry sega fans).

#24 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

I said that it was impossible with the specs that have actually been confirmed

What confirmed specs theres nothing set in stone so unless you have inside info it can still be possible

CPU: IBM Power Architecture-based multi-core 45 nm microprocessor based on the POWER7 architecture found in the Watson supercomputer. this is all thats said about procceessing power

#25 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

What confirmed specs theres nothing set in stone so unless you have inside info it can still be possible

CPU: IBM Power Architecture-based multi-core 45 nm microprocessor based on the POWER7 architecture found in the Watson supercomputer. this is all thats said about procceessing power

Power 7 uses L3 cache. 4 MB L3 cache per core with maximum up to 32MB supported. The cache is implemented in eDRAM

Posted Image

#26 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

From the Zelda HD Demo Graphics it has HD Graphics rivaling the PC on a Alienware Turbo boost Laptop at XMGT Rendered Graphics I say the Wii U is looking Unique.........-_- Stop the Wii U puns they are very very lame

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#27 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

From the Zelda HD Demo Graphics it has HD Graphics rivaling the PC on a Alienware Turbo boost Laptop at XMGT Rendered Graphics I say the Wii U is looking Unique......... -_- Stop the Wii U puns they are very very lame

comparing a console to a pc is pointless and what are you talking about who is using wii u puns

#28 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

From the Zelda HD Demo Graphics it has HD Graphics rivaling the PC on a Alienware Turbo boost Laptop at XMGT Rendered Graphics I say the Wii U is looking Unique......... -_- Stop the Wii U puns they are very very lame

Well, maybe a 4 years old Alienware laptop :P

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#29 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I think Nintendo is trying to appeal to everyone..I know they tried to do it with the wii..but this time it feels different,

They are getting the more mature oriented games like Batman Arkham city to appeal to the users of ps3 and Xbox
They are sticking to thier traditional roots with Zelda and Super Smash Bros
They are also trying not to lose that casual audience they've built up with the wii

If they can pull it off it may be the best console of all time.If they dont,then it's a console who has no idea what it is
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!