Photo

Do you want Nintendo Region free products

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want Region free Nintendo systems (24 member(s) have cast votes)

do you

1. Yes I want to expand my WiiU/3DS game collection (18 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No they should keep it region locked(please explain why) (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. I don't really care (3 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

Now not everyone likes to import but many do. Original DS was great that way. Made importing a breeze. PSP/PSVita/PS3 Region free and ESP PS3 importing is a must for me. Now sometimes for dumb reasons great games get stuck in Japan or UK. Like just on Nintendo's side we almost had Mistwalkers A.S.H. SRPG on DS but Focus group ruined it saying no guns. So Reggie canned it even tho localization was complete.

Earth Seeker is one of the best RPGs on Wii. No one has heard of it. Disaster Day of Crisis got shut down in the era Reggie turned down EVERYTHING from Monolith soft. Like Soma Bringer. Captain Rainbow a quirky new IP from Nintendo on Wii never left Japan. UK got a Fatal Frame 2 remake. Wii U will get Rodea in Japan and got Fatal Frame. 3DS never see Dragon Quest 7,Beyond the Labyrinth on 3DS In the US or EX Troopers.(thankfully the last one is on PS3)

I can name more but you get the point. I don't like being forced into not giving them money for games I wanna play. Sony gets it. Nintendo says Eshop prevents them. BS! PSN says otherwise. I didn't like I had to mod my Wii to play Xenoblade,TLS and PT and others because at the time refused to let me give you money. I realize you can't bring every game to the west. So let me on occasion go east.

Even if some people not into importing it still widens the appeal for Nintendo's systems and looking at Wii U sales..they need to broaden the appeal even if just a little.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'd LIKE to see them do a Vita, in a sense. Region Free per SD Card/Profile/Something. I mean, I was THIS close in 2011 to saying "Screw you NoA, I'm getting me Xenoblade." The whole argument that "It would make region hacking/importing be more profitable" is like..what? To buy a DS game from Japan that releases relatively close to NA's release(Say Pokemon, or Mario, or something), I'd spend $60 on the game, then $10-$20ish on shipping, etc. It's not worth it 99% of the time, and that 1% is for stuff  like "Beyond the Labyrinth"(Which I was REALLY hyped for, but no NA release, so I'd need a new system.) If you aren't going to localize the games, don't make it any harder for people to play said games by region locking. Odds are that these people that buy the game will spread the word if you DO localize it.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

Considering that you can buy Nintendo titles digitally, it makes zero sense to have region locking.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

I mean there's no point in having region locking, but I also will never import a game so I don't really care.

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

Haven't they already said they were considering/dropping region locking for the next systems? But a update for the Wii U/3DS/New 3DS would be nice if possible. I still can't see myself importing anything other than EU/PAL titles as I need to be able to read/understand.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

There's literally NO reason as to argue against this... Pros: You get more games that aren't available to you, Nintendo makes more profit. Cons: It might maybe slightly upset the government.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

Can't see why anyone would say no...

#8 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

I do, but there really is no point. I don't speak Japanese so importing from there is useless even if I want too (The new Fatal Frame)

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

I do, but there really is no point. I don't speak Japanese so importing from there is useless even if I want too (The new Fatal Frame)

What about Fatal Frame 2 from the UK or Disaster Day of Crisis which even the Japanese copy is recorded in American English.  EX Troopers is super import friendly. Kamen Rider basically a Warriors game. Easy to play then.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Also can't see why anyone would say no...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

no reason not to want this, unless you're a Japanese content owner and think this is a sufficient hurdle to dissuade foreigners from buying from you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Bongbuddy

Bongbuddy

Goomba

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Can't see why anyone would say no...

Because we must defend every decision Nintendo makes no matter how stupid. Thus is the life of a Nintendrone.

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

Because we must defend every decision Nintendo makes no matter how stupid. Thus is the life of a Nintendrone.

It's not stupid, just a bit archaic. Plus it might be a hassle to renegotiate contracts and licenses for international sales.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!