Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

AA is hard to do

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Surprisingly, it's harder than AAA. With AAA they just throw money at marketing and done.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

Surprisingly, it's harder than AAA. With AAA they just throw money at marketing and done.

Anti Aliasing is what we were saying.

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

AA is hard to do

I understand but if you guys are saying Wii U is custom built and only will get better then.....

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

Anti Aliasing can put quite a performance hit on games for little added value but a visual clean up of jaggies. Nintendo is "new" to HD development compared to the others so it's not out of the question to develop a reasonable solution. Currently however, they rather give you great looking games that run solid then give you a game that looks good in a screen shot and has a crappy frame rate.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

So assuming Wii U will only get better in what ways will we see this. Maturity on engines on Wii U? Resolution? I mean I guess I am just wondering what will we see... just better looking games overall. I have heard this a lot and just wonder exactly where it will go?

#27 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

So assuming Wii U will only get better in what ways will we see this. Maturity on engines on Wii U? Resolution? I mean I guess I am just wondering what will we see... just better looking games overall. I have heard this a lot and just wonder exactly where it will go?

Seeing the progression of game engines so far in the Wii U life, SM3DW engine looks even better with the release of Captain Toad. X, has improved from what we saw early on handling more polys and better textures as proven by videos we've seen. There are always improvements, things they learn by doing and developing, tricks they can pull off. People keep comparing the Wii U to the PS360... ok well lets just take that example. Those consoles saw big improvement over time in it's games, and the Wii U will be no different, especially when you have such talented people making games.

Sometimes people complain so much about jaggies but when you actually play the game, at least for me it isn't something I truly notice. Whether it's a development technique or just the art style, Nintendo's games always come out beautiful.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

I don't doubt Wii U can do AA. Without knowing specific features it's GPU is capable of I don't know for sure. It could be possible with updates as well.

#29 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

Seeing the progression of game engines so far in the Wii U life, SM3DW engine looks even better with the release of Captain Toad. X, has improved from what we saw early on handling more polys and better textures as proven by videos we've seen. There are always improvements, things they learn by doing and developing, tricks they can pull off. People keep comparing the Wii U to the PS360... ok well lets just take that example. Those consoles saw big improvement over time in it's games, and the Wii U will be no different, especially when you have such talented people making games.

Sometimes people complain so much about jaggies but when you actually play the game, at least for me it isn't something I truly notice. Whether it's a development technique or just the art style, Nintendo's games always come out beautiful.

Bu ps360 had so much money put into them I just dont see anyone pushing Wii U like that. Thats why 2016 is so intriguing to me. What main line game will Nintendo launch. Only thing I can think of is Metroid being their big hitter for 2016. I want to see what Wii U can do in that year 4 years into console development.

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

You probably already answered this before but... what is your opinion on the lack of AA for most Wii U games.... and assuming the console will only get better we should see this not be an issue on Wii U in the future? Future being this year... next year? Or are we to assume nintendo doesnt think AA is a priority and they could care less thats why most games dont get it. I believe 3d world and captain toad are the only ones using some form of it right?

Ha, I thought you typo'd an A out from AAA, but you meant anti-aliasing.

They have some manner of AA, they use it in games like 3dworld, although its pretty hit or miss, sometimes it makes for a wonderfully clean image, sometimes some things are smooth and others arent, and sometimes nothing.

Honestly, I dont think Nintendo really cares enough about AA to use it in place of adding more effects.

I agree with that philosophy. I sit like, 12 feet away from my tv, I dont really give a poot about AA.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Ha, I thought you typo'd an A out from AAA, but you meant anti-aliasing.

I dont think Nintendo cares enough about AA to use it in place of adding more effects.

Oh I was about to get you... that was a quick edit. So what will a main line game lets assume metroid by retro will look and play like on wii u in 2016. I know you don't have the ability to see the future but just best case.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

Oh I was about to get you... that was a quick edit. So what will a main line game lets assume metroid by retro will look and play like on wii u in 2016. I know you don't have the ability to see the future but just best case.

It will probably be 720p, 60fps (thats the series standard, see no reason why it would change), look amazing, and have little to no AA.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

It will probably be 720p, 60fps (thats the series standard, see no reason why it would change), look amazing, and have little to no AA.

Seems to be about right. Ha! Zelda U 1080p 30fps?

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:46 AM

Seems to be about right. Ha! Zelda U 1080p 30fps?

Pretty positive its going to be 720p 30fps.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

Bu ps360 had so much money put into them I just dont see anyone pushing Wii U like that. Thats why 2016 is so intriguing to me. What main line game will Nintendo launch. Only thing I can think of is Metroid being their big hitter for 2016. I want to see what Wii U can do in that year 4 years into console development.

Probably going to get a Metroid, something mario, animal crossing, a couple of remakes, Pokken Fighters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!