• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PonyFlare

PonyFlare

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

I just got a Wii U, and a few extras, including some Wii games and a Wii Remote + (Peach edition!)

So I was trying to play a Wii game (Super Mario Galaxy) and after launching the game, pressing START and waiting for the warning to go away, I get a blue screen with the following:

Communications with [Wii Remote] have been
interrupted. Press [A] without touching
the Control Stick on [the nunchuck].

Pressing A does nothing.

Pressing Home brings up the HOME Menu with a few options, such as returning to the wii menu, resetting, or just closing the menu - all of which work perfectly fine with the remote.

How to make the remote actually work with the game?!?

-----------------

EDIT:

Never mind. Figured out that it was because I had first synced a Wii U controller, and the Wii remote got bumped to player 2 and the game wouldn't run without the remote set as player 1.

So I figured out how to change the order and now all is good!

Edited by PonyFlare, 06 January 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:52 AM

Glad you worked it out.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

I just got a Wii U, and a few extras, including some Wii games and a Wii Remote + (Peach edition!)

So I was trying to play a Wii game (Super Mario Galaxy) and after launching the game, pressing START and waiting for the warning to go away, I get a blue screen with the following:

Communications with [Wii Remote] have been
interrupted. Press [A] without touching
the Control Stick on [the nunchuck].

Pressing A does nothing.

Pressing Home brings up the HOME Menu with a few options, such as returning to the wii menu, resetting, or just closing the menu - all of which work perfectly fine with the remote.

How to make the remote actually work with the game?!?

-----------------

EDIT:

Never mind. Figured out that it was because I had first synced a Wii U controller, and the Wii remote got bumped to player 2 and the game wouldn't run without the remote set as player 1.

So I figured out how to change the order and now all is good!

Lol it sounds a bit bizzare to me, I never knew that SMG had a secret menu like that O.o

More importantly though, how'd you manage to glitch it so that your wii remote was set to player 2 and the gamepad as player one? In Wii mode it doesn't even detect the gamepad as anything but a second screen...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!