#41 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Put I like this with people anticipating third party titles. Blockbuster titles. Games that never touched the wii system. Hypothetically, do you think that Nintedo can sale Mario if Modern Warfare was released on the same day. The Mario franchise will take a big hit. Not to mention if more third party companies relaease their blockbuster titles at the same time. Let's be honest this is why their making the wii u; for more mature gamers. If it were all about keeping it's base, they can just stick to the wii. But to but a next generation Mario on sale against all the third party blockbusters( which is what every one has been waiting on) they'll have to get a little violent don't you think. I love Mario, but if Battlefield was realeased the same day, I'm going with Battlefield. Plus I'm pretty sure alot of other gamers who are waiting more third party from nintendo are going to do the same thing. Therefore, Nintendo may see software sales lag behind third party blockbusters......eventually passing Mario a gun to shoot their way back into the competition....face it the are going to have to ramp up the gore a likely bit.

You may prefer Battlefield 3 over Mario on the Wii U, but there are millions of others who beg to differ. Even if a Mario game and Battlefield 3 (both of which have not yet been confirmed) were released on the same day, the Mario game would still sell more. Third-party titles tend to perform less on Nintendo's platforms (sadly), and Battlefield 3 will mostly likely be no different if it doesn't offer anything drastically new. A lot of gamers already own Battlefield 3 for other platforms, while the next Mario game is a whole new experience.

#42 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Put I like this with people anticipating third party titles. Blockbuster titles. Games that never touched the wii system. Hypothetically, do you think that Nintedo can sale Mario if Modern Warfare was released on the same day. The Mario franchise will take a big hit. Not to mention if more third party companies relaease their blockbuster titles at the same time. Let's be honest this is why their making the wii u; for more mature gamers. If it were all about keeping it's base, they can just stick to the wii. But to but a next generation Mario on sale against all the third party blockbusters( which is what every one has been waiting on) they'll have to get a little violent don't you think. I love Mario, but if Battlefield was realeased the same day, I'm going with Battlefield. Plus I'm pretty sure alot of other gamers who are waiting more third party from nintendo are going to do the same thing. Therefore, Nintendo may see software sales lag behind third party blockbusters......eventually passing Mario a gun to shoot their way back into the competition....face it the are going to have to ramp up the gore a likely bit.

You are not understanding
2 DIFFERENT DEMOGRAPHICS. I don't play Call of Duty/Battlefield but I love mario.
my friend hates Mario but loves Battlefield.

The two don't effect each other at all.

Seriously, you are just trolling at this point. If Nintendo was going to make mario have a gun, they would have done so already.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#43 Lucaren

Lucaren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm not really sure how to feel about this but it's pretty close to...

Posted Image

#44 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

POPULAR

People, after five pages of this, I think this thread is done. Everyone loves a good debate, but what we've got here is a silly, pointless argument that isn't going anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!