Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm not saying stop the games they already make, just maybe a mature upgrade for one or two franchise titles.

But why? "Maturing," Mario would only damage his image, same goes for Zelda. I can't really think of any current Nintendo franchise that would be helped by adding the things you want added into the themes of the game. I can see if they made new IP's like others have said and tried to attract that certain "mature," demographic with those games but no matter what they won't be getting those gamers with a bloodthirsty Mario. And lets face it, does Nintendo really need try to get the blood hounds on their side on their own? Or the FPS crowd, No all they need to do is win over some 3rd party devs and they won't have to tarnish their own properties by trying to please people that they just won't be able too.
Posted Image

#22 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

I've been saying nintendo needs to grow up for a while. Case in point project hammer. Remember that game that everyone hardcore fan got excited about for the Wii. What happened Nintendo didn't release it. Anoher mature game cancelled by Nintendo.

#23 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Just Ideas guys. Being A loyal Nintedo fan since nes. Just wanna see something different from Nintedo. Their franchise titles are the only ones that make them stand out. I doubt if they'll bring another franchise character to their roster just to make a new mature franchise. So why not imagine one of their current franchise characters in a more mature setting. Graphics aren't going to matter for next generation systems because, let's face it, good graphics are good graphics. It
will come down to the details and the interactions of the games. Innovatively, Nintendo
has already won that fight with it's current wii
controllers and the upcoming wii u controller(it can't be out done by Microsoft or Sony). Third-party companies will flood the wii u with mature titles but will nintendo lead the way or will they be the ones supplying only the casual(sometimes kiddy) gamers.

#24 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Just Ideas guys. Being A loyal Nintedo fan since nes. Just wanna see something different from Nintedo. Their franchise titles are the only ones that make them stand out. I doubt if they'll bring another franchise character to their roster just to make a new mature franchise. So why not imagine one of their current franchise characters in a more mature setting. Graphics aren't going to matter for next generation systems because, let's face it, good graphics are good graphics. It
will come down to the details and the interactions of the games. Innovatively, Nintendo
has already won that fight with it's current wii
controllers and the upcoming wii u controller(it can't be out done by Microsoft or Sony). Third-party companies will flood the wii u with mature titles but will nintendo lead the way or will they be the ones supplying only the casual(sometimes kiddy) gamers.

you clearly havent played any metroid or zelda games
even mario rpg games tend to get serious at their climax

#25 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Are you comparing Mario rpg to Final Fantacy, metroid to halo get serious. Both are legendary games but neither are on a mature level as others in their categories.

#26 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I disagree. Legend of Zelda going for a more Mature rated styled game would destroy it's image.
I also doubt that Miyamoto would approve of Link being the way you want him to be.
Legend of Zelda is in it's own league. Keep it away from the mainstream.

Edited by Joshua, 15 January 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#27 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Are you comparing Mario rpg to Final Fantacy, metroid to halo get serious. Both are legendary games but neither are on a mature level as others in their categories.

no, i wasnt making that comparison, but i have a question, what makes you think metroid isnt as mature as halo?
and the mario rpg isnt necessarily meant to be mature, it's meant to be humorous and fun, im just saying the climax of the rpg games get serious

#28 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'll agree with the metroid thing, but Mario rpg. We've come to grow accustomed to Mario and Zelda being played and viewed and being played a certain way, but put a gun in Mario hands....That will shake the whole industry to pieces.

#29 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'll agree with the metroid thing, but Mario rpg. We've come to grow accustomed to Mario and Zelda being played and viewed and being played a certain way, but put a gun in Mario hands....That will shake the whole industry to pieces.

The industry doesn't need to be shaken though. Nintendo is everyone's favorite uncle: fun in a way that everyone can enjoy. By giving that uncles son, a kind, some-what fat plumber who's ma a gun, it ruins everything that the uncle stands for, as the uncle believes fun should be for everyone.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#30 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

How many times can the princess be caught before she fires the gaurds and hire the navy seals....some people are taking this too serious the topic was intend to open up your imaginations to the thought of a mature line up from nintendo. We know nintendo would never sacrifice the image of Mario or Link, but we as gamers should be able to discuss the possibility of making those games mature and not have to worry about people who are so loyal to a franchise that the very though of changing how their favorite franchise would automatically be horrible, or it would kill the franchise. Use your imagination or does the thought of your favorite Plummer wielding an AK ruin the purity of the "GAME" for you.

#31 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

I do think Nintendo should lay a foundation of creating games that appeal specifically toward the 17+ gamers, giving third-party developers more conifdence in developing "mature" titles on their platforms. However, I think it's more productive for Nintendo to create different franchises (like they did with Rare) instead of "maturizing" their exisiting ones. Nintendo's franchises just can't convincingly transition to "mature" ones the same way Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia have. Remember how Shadow the Hedgehog turned out? Granted, it wasn't an M-rated game (hell, it wasn't even a T-rated one), but Sega attempted to give the Sonic franchise a darker edge by giving one of the characters, Shadow, a sub-machine gun, and it was considered to be one of the biggest failures in the franchise's history. Putting a gun in Mario's hand will shake the industry in pieces all right. It will be one giant step for the gaming industry to turn into a desperate joke.

#32 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Link and Mario was meant to be entertaining to EVERYONE, not some fanboy who only wants to see blood and guts flying over the screen. If you want "mature" games, then stick to the elder scroll series or fps games or some other super popular M rated game from 360/PC/PS3.

#33 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

How many times can the princess be caught before she fires the gaurds and hire the navy seals....some people are taking this too serious the topic was intend to open up your imaginations to the thought of a mature line up from nintendo. We know nintendo would never sacrifice the image of Mario or Link, but we as gamers should be able to discuss the possibility of making those games mature and not have to worry about people who are so loyal to a franchise that the very though of changing how their favorite franchise would automatically be horrible, or it would kill the franchise. Use your imagination or does the thought of your favorite Plummer wielding an AK ruin the purity of the "GAME" for you.

Listen. I get this was supposed to open our minds. Problem is you titled this thread like a douche, and then when people bite back, you act like it's theoritcal. Don't write a title that is so outright accusatory unless you are willing to face the fire.

It's not an issue of change. It's an issue of major change. I personally thought I was going to hate Pokemon Black and white because of the changes, believing it would destroy Pokemon. It didn't, as it wasn't a radical change. Swapping out Mushrooms for Bullets would not go over well. What you are suggesting is akin to taking the Godfather/Rambo and aiming it entirely at kids. It's a move that would both alienate the fanbase that kept the franchise alive and would most likely crash and burn.

About your purity of the game, Mario with guns would ruin it. Mario is so simple that anyone can pick up and play it. It litterally only requires a means of control and 2 buttons. A shooter adds close to 4 more buttons, which ruins the simplicity.

Seriously, next time, at least try to troll

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#34 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Yep.

I'm all for more mature Nintendo games, but the level you're describing is utterly ridiculous.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#35 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Ya' know SEGA gave a hedgehog a gun once... It didn't turn out so well...
Edit: nevermind... someone already said this.

Edited by Garolymar, 15 January 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wow.....the douce thing was a little too far but u know what I was using an over rated example of how a mature franchise from nintendo would turn out. Truthfully speaking nintendo will take the best advantage out of the wii u controller over it's third party developers. They will make real cool games that utilize the controller like noone else. But, it will all go over looked by the extremely violent HD games that third-party developers are going to make. Plus third-party companies will utilize the controller in crazy ways as well. So how can nintendo compete on their own machine if a let's say "battlefield 3" comes to it and utilize the wii u controller in some kind of unbelievable way. It will still shine from any Mario game they do on the wii u. They wouldn't be able to release them at the same time. Nintendo wouldn't risk the chance of putting the two out at the same time...delays and push backs until Nintedo eventually say "Wii it, pass Mario that Chopper."

#37 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Wow.....the douce thing was a little too far but u know what I was using an over rated example of how a mature franchise from nintendo would turn out. Truthfully speaking nintendo will take the best advantage out of the wii u controller over it's third party developers. They will make real cool games that utilize the controller like noone else. But, it will all go over looked by the extremely violent HD games that third-party developers are going to make. Plus third-party companies will utilize the controller in crazy ways as well. So how can nintendo compete on their own machine if a let's say "battlefield 3" comes to it and utilize the wii u controller in some kind of unbelievable way. It will still shine from any Mario game they do on the wii u. They wouldn't be able to release them at the same time. Nintendo wouldn't risk the chance of putting the two out at the same time...delays and push backs until Nintedo eventually say "Wii it, pass Mario that Chopper."

Umm... the Mario franchise and Battlefield 3 are vastly different games, so they aren't competing with each other. This is like saying LIttleBigPlanet is competing with Call of Duty.

#38 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Umm... the Mario franchise and Battlefield 3 are vastly different games, so they aren't competing with each other. This is like saying LIttleBigPlanet is competing with Call of Duty.

WAit, I can try this.
It's like stating that Zelda is competing with Nintendogs.
Seriously, with every word you are digging yourself deeper and deeper past the point of no return

Edited by Domini N Unova, 15 January 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#39 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Put I like this with people anticipating third party titles. Blockbuster titles. Games that never touched the wii system. Hypothetically, do you think that Nintedo can sale Mario if Modern Warfare was released on the same day. The Mario franchise will take a big hit. Not to mention if more third party companies relaease their blockbuster titles at the same time. Let's be honest this is why their making the wii u; for more mature gamers. If it were all about keeping it's base, they can just stick to the wii. But to but a next generation Mario on sale against all the third party blockbusters( which is what every one has been waiting on) they'll have to get a little violent don't you think. I love Mario, but if Battlefield was realeased the same day, I'm going with Battlefield. Plus I'm pretty sure alot of other gamers who are waiting more third party from nintendo are going to do the same thing. Therefore, Nintendo may see software sales lag behind third party blockbusters......eventually passing Mario a gun to shoot their way back into the competition....face it the are going to have to ramp up the gore a likely bit.

#40 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Put I like this with people anticipating third party titles. Blockbuster titles. Games that never touched the wii system. Hypothetically, do you think that Nintedo can sale Mario if Modern Warfare was released on the same day. The Mario franchise will take a big hit. Not to mention if more third party companies relaease their blockbuster titles at the same time. Let's be honest this is why their making the wii u; for more mature gamers. If it were all about keeping it's base, they can just stick to the wii. But to but a next generation Mario on sale against all the third party blockbusters( which is what every one has been waiting on) they'll have to get a little violent don't you think. I love Mario, but if Battlefield was realeased the same day, I'm going with Battlefield. Plus I'm pretty sure alot of other gamers who are waiting more third party from nintendo are going to do the same thing. Therefore, Nintendo may see software sales lag behind third party blockbusters......eventually passing Mario a gun to shoot their way back into the competition....face it the are going to have to ramp up the gore a likely bit.

Those buying a WiiU, the core gamers that is are most likely buying it solely for Mario and the rest of Nintendo's gang, that's one of the main reasons a relative amount of core gamers even picked up the Wii and it will be no different with the WiiU at first. On a Nintendo Platform Mario will always do well, it's just how things work. And most likely it will always be that way. I have no doubts Mario can do well doing the same thing he always does without needing to resort to pointless changes to his more kind and family friendly world. Making Mario Violent would be stupid and it would only give fuel to the Xbox and Ps3 crowd to troll Nintendo for pulling such a childish act.

Edit: Not to mention the fact Battlefield and Call Of Duty fans are vastly different the Mario/Nintendo fans it doesn't Matter if either Mario or COD does well because Nintendo's bread and butter will most likely be the WiiU/Fit series so there ya go...

Edited by Garolymar, 15 January 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!