Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Hey Matrix, you got any tips for producing Glitch Hop? I kinda like, don't get the same feeling in my tests as you do. My growls/base hits on the first beat doesn't fit in. Maybe the sidechain is too strong or I need to do a different sound design on the base hit? And also, for the lead, I currently use subtractive synthesis to make them but maybe I should use wavetable or FM instead?

Chaos! Let me remix or collab one of your songs! Just for fun! I like your melodies n stuff, so I wonder how they would sound like with my sound design and arrangements.

I'd like that. I'm actually almost done with one of my songs, so I could send you that project file and you can mess around with it sometime XD

#22 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

I'd like that. I'm actually almost done with one of my songs, so I could send you that project file and you can mess around with it sometime XD

haha yeah sounds great! senderino daz stems!

Ok, so after twisting every single knob on Serum and adding some modulation and distorting it with a multiband distorter. I came up with this.

Edited by Hinkik, 17 February 2015 - 06:52 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#23 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hey Matrix, you got any tips for producing Glitch Hop? I kinda like, don't get the same feeling in my tests as you do. My growls/base hits on the first beat doesn't fit in. Maybe the sidechain is too strong or I need to do a different sound design on the base hit? And also, for the lead, I currently use subtractive synthesis to make them but maybe I should use wavetable or FM instead?

TBH, I really have no idea. :P Maybe if you posted one of your tests so we could listen to it... That last one I posted started out as drumstep, then I cranked the BPM up to 205 and added some swing to everything.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#24 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

TBH, I really have no idea. :P Maybe if you posted one of your tests so we could listen to it... That last one I posted started out as drumstep, then I cranked the BPM up to 205 and added some swing to everything.

lol look at the post over yours.

Btw isn't better to just make it half the 205 instead?

Edited by Hinkik, 17 February 2015 - 09:33 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#25 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

lol look at the post over yours.

Btw isn't better to just make it half the 205 instead?

Oh! Yeah, that sounds great, but I thought we were talking about glitch hop :L Only thing I could think of is the growl could use a few more high frequencies.

And yeah, I should've just done 102.5, but I was too lazy. :P

#26 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Oh! Yeah, that sounds great, but I thought we were talking about glitch hop :L Only thing I could think of is the growl could use a few more high frequencies.

And yeah, I should've just done 102.5, but I was too lazy. :P

Well glitch hop and electro isnt that far apart imo. Just glitch hop has 110 bpm. I needed help with just the coordination between the note on the first beat and the rest of the melody after the first beat.

28gxdv8.png

#27 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Well glitch hop and electro isnt that far apart imo. Just glitch hop has 110 bpm. I needed help with just the coordination between the note on the first beat and the rest of the melody after the first beat.

I guess. I always think of glitch hop being a little more melodic, thoug, maybe happier... I really don't know, I've never made a whole glitch hop song. :P

Speaking of happy glitch hop, here's a happier version of that last thing I posted... Don't you all just love short loops? :P

#28 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

I guess. I always think of glitch hop being a little more melodic, thoug, maybe happier... I really don't know, I've never made a whole glitch hop song. :P

Speaking of happy glitch hop, here's a happier version of that last thing I posted... Don't you all just love short loops? :P

JUST FINISH UR SONGS D:

In any case, updated that test I did with your feedback and stuff.

Also realised the genre was complextro, not electro.

28gxdv8.png

#29 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

JUST FINISH UR SONGS D:

In any case, updated that test I did with your feedback and stuff.

Also realised the genre was complextro, not electro.

I should, I should. ;_; I get distracted, though... I think I'm gonna make some big room melbourne bounce (lol) next, so that shouldn't be quite as time consuming as complextro or dubstep or the like. :P

But anyways, yeah, that sounds great! I found myself craving more background elements and chord progression.

#30 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

haha yeah sounds great! senderino daz stems!

Alright I'm compiling all of the stems I need to right now. I'm probably not going to makes stems of some of the sounds just because they use Sytrus, Harmless, 3xOsc, and Toxic Biohazard. Which all came with my version of fl studios, so I'm just assuming that they come with yours too, but if not just tell me which ones so I can make stems of the patterns that use those plugins. I'm also using z3ta+, so let me know if you have that one so I can possibly avoid making stems out of those.

Oh and I'm working with FLS 10 and not 11 just incase you have that. I want to make this as easy to send to you as possible lol.

#31 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

Well you know, as long as you have that self-belief and you're willing to get the job done, you'll go a far way.

#32 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Alright I'm compiling all of the stems I need to right now. I'm probably not going to makes stems of some of the sounds just because they use Sytrus, Harmless, 3xOsc, and Toxic Biohazard. Which all came with my version of fl studios, so I'm just assuming that they come with yours too, but if not just tell me which ones so I can make stems of the patterns that use those plugins. I'm also using z3ta+, so let me know if you have that one so I can possibly avoid making stems out of those.

Oh and I'm working with FLS 10 and not 11 just incase you have that. I want to make this as easy to send to you as possible lol.

I dont have harmless, biohazard and z3ta+. But I want the melodies in a editable form anyways. I think sending the FLP will work, I can just switch out the things that don't load for me. I am in FL Studio 11.

Ok so I am currently working on the remix/collab of Chaos song at the same time as I make the complextro one. This is fun ^^

Guys, tell me whenever something sounds over compressed. I can't hear it well with these cans I got. Chaos do you have monitors?

Btw, I noticed you put reverb before EQ on your track. I usually do the opposite cause I want the reverb to just reverb the frequencies I want.

I listened to your feedback and finished the track... I kinda felt like my second complextro track is gonna be way better anyways.

Edited by Hinkik, 19 February 2015 - 10:09 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#33 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Why can't I get my drums to sound as nice and punchy as yours :'[

#34 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Why can't I get my drums to sound as nice and punchy as yours :'[

Compression, make them the loudest part of the mix, slight saturation. Then of course, mastering is important.

28gxdv8.png

#35 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Yes, master...

Spoiler

#36 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Yes, master...

Spoiler

omg you cant post gifs here?

well ok then go on google and search for "hades joke gif"

28gxdv8.png

#37 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

omg you cant post gifs here?

well ok then go on google and search for "hades joke gif"

3rst+if+you+will+_b1bb0bb5aecae005f49d46

it's as easy as copy image and paste.  :)

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#38 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

3rst+if+you+will+_b1bb0bb5aecae005f49d46

it's as easy as copy image and paste.  :)

984fd05019ee8089c7996ba7d270ca76bffee94c

28gxdv8.png

#39 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

I dont have harmless, biohazard and z3ta+. But I want the melodies in a editable form anyways. I think sending the FLP will work, I can just switch out the things that don't load for me. I am in FL Studio 11.

Ok so I am currently working on the remix/collab of Chaos song at the same time as I make the complextro one. This is fun ^^

Guys, tell me whenever something sounds over compressed. I can't hear it well with these cans I got. Chaos do you have monitors?

Btw, I noticed you put reverb before EQ on your track. I usually do the opposite cause I want the reverb to just reverb the frequencies I want.

I listened to your feedback and finished the track... I kinda felt like my second complextro track is gonna be way better anyways.

Yeah when I make music I kind of just throw everything together in the mixer and then sort it all out when I get closer to finishing lol. It might be why my tracks aren't too high quality, but one day I'll break that habit :P

Oh and I really like that complextro song. Kind of makes me wish I knew more about the Massive plugin aside from the few synths I managed to make with it.

Edited by Chaos, 19 February 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#40 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yeah when I make music I kind of just throw everything together in the mixer and then sort it all out when I get closer to finishing lol. It might be why my tracks aren't too high quality, but one day I'll break that habit :P

Oh and I really like that complextro song. Kind of makes me wish I knew more about the Massive plugin aside from the few synths I managed to make with it.

Thanks man, but I only used one instance of massive in that song actually. Most were Serum and Sylenth1 haha.

But mixdowns.. well just create the track, then you can remove all effects and properly mix it.

@Chaos Dont know whether this is a remix or a collab since you haven't released the track yet but here is my version anyways:

Probably need to re master it cause I finished it now and the time is currently 02:00 in the night...

Also, please decide if it's a collab or remix. I don't care since it was fun for me ;)

Edited by Hinkik, 19 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

28gxdv8.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MUSIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!