17 replies to this topic

#1 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Hi guys! Well, I thought I'd do some shameless self-promotion here and get you guys' opinions of mah new song... It's not the most interesting or engaging, perhaps, but still. :P It was probably inspired by Aquatic Ambience somehow, but don't let that make you think it'll be near as good. xD

So yeah, here it is... Underwater Mountaintops...

So what's your opinion on both this song and chill-out music in general?

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#2 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Nice job. It started out sounding like it would be a generic loop song, but as it got going it was great "chill out" music or as I use it, background music.

What program did you use?

Edited by SteventheSlayer, 04 March 2014 - 08:26 AM.

I don't even...

#3 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Nice job. It started out sounding like it would be a generic loop song, but as it got going it was great "chill out" music or as I use it, background music.

What program did you use?

:D Thanks! I used FL Studio, as I do for all my music cuz it's all I know... :P It's a very capable program, it just takes some getting used to, as with any software.

#4 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ah. I know a lot of people use FL. It's a good program, though it's not for me :P

I don't even...

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

You've definitely improved a lot since the last time i heard some of your stuff. i don't really listen to chillout but this seemed to portray that type of feel. really liked your soundsta, and your reverb was great as well.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

You've definitely improved a lot since the last time i heard some of your stuff. i don't really listen to chillout but this seemed to portray that type of feel. really liked your soundsta, and your reverb was great as well.

Thanks. :D I watch a ton of tutorials, which is often where I get ideas for songs as well. :P

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

Thanks. :D I watch a ton of tutorials, which is often where I get ideas for songs as well. :P

I can never sit through the whole thing :/ Most of what I know I just learned from listening to songs I like and trying to imitate certain things in them. Works surprisingly well. :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Why haven't you posted this?

It's great. And why does this only have this few views?

28gxdv8.png

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Woah. Who are you?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:14 AM

Woah. Who are you?

Im hinkik

28gxdv8.png

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

Im hinkik

How come I've never seen you before?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hey, thanks! :D I guess I kinda feel bad about doing lots of self-promotion... :P Should I post it on here?  As for the few views... Well, I just don't have many subscribers or followers in general. My Splatoon remix has a ton of likes and views even though it's little more than I re-instrumentation, all because it was one of the first Splatoon remixes. I just don't know how to get people to listen to my music. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em!

Oh by the way, you aren't the same Hinkik from the LEGO Universe creation lab, are you?

Edited by MatrixChicken, 17 November 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#13 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

How come I've never seen you before?

That is question you will have to ask yourself I guess.

Hey, thanks! :D I guess I kinda feel bad about doing lots of self-promotion... :P Should I post it on here?  As for the few views... Well, I just don't have many subscribers or followers in general. My Splatoon remix has a ton of likes and views even though it's little more than I re-instrumentation, all because it was one of the first Splatoon remixes. I just don't know how to get people to listen to my music. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em!

Oh by the way, you aren't the same Hinkik from the LEGO Universe creation lab, are you?

No idea of what Lego Universe Creation Lab is. Link that fake Hinkik to me. I will show him who's boss.

Well the easiest way to get listeners is to become one yourself. Follow people's soundclouds and they might check you out.

It's the same for me too with views though. I got like 500 views on my Fairy Tail remix and around 20 on the rest.

Also for that thing about not liking to self-promote yourself. Just create a thread on this forum and tell everyone who makes music that you can submit tracks to the thread and exchange feedback. I can post some of mine there too so you won't feel awkward.

Edited by Hinkik, 17 November 2014 - 12:51 PM.

28gxdv8.png

#14 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

No idea of what Lego Universe Creation Lab is. Link that fake Hinkik to me. I will show him who's boss.

Actually I think I just got your usernames mixed up... LEGO Universe creation lab was a website where everyone could upload pictures and videos of LEGO creations. I hung out there a long time ago when it was still up. There was a guy that drew me a couple pictures with a similar username to yours.

#15 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

I'll subscribe to your channel

#16 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

I'll subscribe to your channel

Thanks for the sub! :D The channel you subscribed to was my old brickfilming channel, though. I post my music on my music channel here: https://www.youtube..../PLAZTECHWUNDER

I've contemplated posting my music on my brickfilming channel, as it has nearly 150 subscribers and I'd probably get a lot more views, but that's not what I made the channel for... What do you guys think?

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the sub! :D The channel you subscribed to was my old brickfilming channel, though. I post my music on my music channel here: https://www.youtube..../PLAZTECHWUNDER

I've contemplated posting my music on my brickfilming channel, as it has nearly 150 subscribers and I'd probably get a lot more views, but that's not what I made the channel for... What do you guys think?

Since you already have a music channel though, I'd just keep it separate. You'll gain more motivation when you see the music channel growing with your content catered specifically for it.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

That is question you will have to ask yourself I guess.

Well the easiest way to get listeners is to become one yourself. Follow people's soundclouds and they might check you out.

It's the same for me too with views though. I got like 500 views on my Fairy Tail remix and around 20 on the rest.

Also for that thing about not liking to self-promote yourself. Just create a thread on this forum and tell everyone who makes music that you can submit tracks to the thread and exchange feedback. I can post some of mine there too so you won't feel awkward.

How come I've never seen you Hankik before?

Lol idk, Do you even realize what you just did? lmbo what an idiot.

Collaborating with peopple in you range of skill and subscribers is a good way to get noticed. Also remixing popular chunes, remixing chunes from shows, posting your stuff on any and every forum. You should check out MyLittleremix if you haven't already. It's basically the hub for electronic brony producers. Thats another good place to post. Basically anywhere and everywhere you can. Also like Hankik said, following people on soundcloud. Just make sure you don't do those "Great chune m8. Didn't listen to the whole thing but you should totally check out all my awesome work" comments. I wouldn't even mention yourself if you're commenting, just say wat you like about the track, try not to sound like you're just pretending to be a know it all though.

Oh and a similar thing if you decide to do collabs, make sure you don't ask like send way above your level of fans like deadmau5 some "Bro let's collab bro" message.

Also maintaining a professional image is pretty important. You don't really have to worry about how you act, more things like Logo, album art, etc. Good art catches people's eye and their more likely to give your track a listen.

I've heard the first hundred subs are the hardest to get, so good luck man.

EDIT: Oh! Remix comps! Those are always a good as well :D

Edited by WydrA, 17 November 2014 - 04:35 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, chill, out, ambient, underwater, mountaintops, aquatic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!