• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

Rodea: The Sky Soldier was one of the games covered by Famitsu in a November issue. Looking through it again, something about the article caught our eye.

Famitsu’s article contains a chat with Yoshimi Yasuda, the president of Kadokawa Games. The magazine points out how the different versions of Rodea will finally be released after a long development period. To this, Yasuda says:

It took some time to deliver [Rodea] to everyone, but the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U and Wii versions were rebooted. I think that we can share some sort of notification of a overseas release in the near future, so overseas users please look forward to it.

Yasuda’s words certainly suggest that a localization announcement for Rodea is on the way. That’s extremely encouraging news!

News is a couple weeks old but somehow missed it.

Been wanting this game for 4 years. Day 1 for me.

EDIT also put this in the wrong section. Can a mod move it to gaming thanks.

Edited by Ryudo, 19 February 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

Great news!

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

I'd definitely buy it. This is one of those things that usually never makes it out of Japan so I sure hope it does!

#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Could someone just explain what the situation was with this game? Am I correct in thinking it was originally a wii title that was finished but never released for some reason and now they've just hdified it and are releasing it on wii u?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Could someone just explain what the situation was with this game? Am I correct in thinking it was originally a wii title that was finished but never released for some reason and now they've just hdified it and are releasing it on wii u?

The game is from Prope. They did Ivy the kiwi but is run by one of the creators of Sonic the Hedghog series and NiGHTS and others when Yuji Naka  was at SEGA. The game was in development for Wii and 3DS finished but publisher sat on the game for unknown reasons. They are finally releasing it for both 3DS and Wii U in Japan in April but the Wii U version (at least in Japan) will include the HD Wii U version and Wii copy of the game.

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

The game is from Prope. They did Ivy the kiwi but is run by one of the creators of Sonic the Hedghog series and NiGHTS and others when Yuji Naka  was at SEGA. The game was in development for Wii and 3DS finished but publisher sat on the game for unknown reasons. They are finally releasing it for both 3DS and Wii U in Japan in April but the Wii U version (at least in Japan) will include the HD Wii U version and Wii copy of the game.

I see, glad to see it's finally releasing as it does look really promising. 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

Looks cool but I have no idea what's going on.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

Update: NIS America’s PR doesn’t mention it, but the Wii version will apparently be brought over as well. Perhaps as a first-print bonus like Japan?

Rodea: The Sky Soldier is heading to North America and Europe. At its annual press event today, NIS America revealed that the company will be publishing Kadokawa Games and Prope’s title overseas. A release is planned for the fall.

NIS America intends to distribute Rodea: The Sky Soldier both physically and digitally. Additionally, both versions will be brought over – Wii U and 3DS.

Check out Rodea’s English boxart below. A collection of Japanese screenshots can also be viewed in the gallery. You’ll also find an overview after the break.

http://nintendoevery...-out-this-fall/

Edited by Ryudo, 19 February 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

1.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

NintendoWorldReport has published a new preview for Rodea: The Sky Soldier following NIS America’s localization announcement last night. Read on below for an information summary.

– Game kicks off with an inventor named Ion reactivating Rodea
– Rodea is a tailed flying humanoid robot
– Rodea was a soldier for Princess Cecilia and the Garuda Kingdom who battled the Naga Empire a thousand years ago
– The Empire suddenly returns to wage war against Garuda, so Rodea again must battle
– Has a NiGHTS vibe
– Wii U/3DS versions are different from the Wii original
– These versions change from an “arcade” play style to a “sky adventure”
– No pointer controls like in the Wii game
– There is a targeting system in the Wii U/3DS versions
– Move a targeting reticle and press A to have Rodea travel in the desired direction
– Press X while on the ground to travel straight upward in the air
– Can perform a spin attack with the B button
– Y button: use equipped weapons to shoot down enemies
– Rodea’s world is made up of many floating islands
– Rodea has a limited flight ability
– Can collect floating crystals in the air
– If you target one while flying in the direction of a several in a row, Rodea will automatically collect them all
– There are rings to fly through and other intermediate targets
– Final game has hidden areas and multiple paths
– There are also obstacles such as zip lines and time trial challenges
– StreetPass support for 3DS version
– This allows players to gain new items
– 2D art on the 3DS’ touch screen
– Ion talks to you while flying around
– Game is full of voice dialogue

Source

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

Just bumping this as it's finally available again on Amazon for pre-order. NewEgg and GameStop have it as well. It was on Amazon before, then the listing was removed for a period of time.. but go check it out.

September 22nd is release date.

Wii U http://www.amazon.co...s_tab_pd_bsms_3

3DS http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=rodea

#12 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

Cool, thanks. Can't see it on the UK amazon yet. 

I think this is something I'll definitely be waiting for reviews on. It strikes me as something that it's very easy to mess up! Especially a smaller developer.

Hopefully they can capture that Sonic Adventure vibe though.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

Cool, thanks. Can't see it on the UK amazon yet. 

I think this is something I'll definitely be waiting for reviews on. It strikes me as something that it's very easy to mess up! Especially a smaller developer.

Hopefully they can capture that Sonic Adventure vibe though.

It's more like NiGHTS than Sonic

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Gameplay gives me a bit of a Gravity Rush vibe.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#15 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

It's more like NiGHTS than Sonic

Yeah, I realised that. Although I never played that game. I just meant the kind of thrill of fast-paced smooth-flowing action mixed with cool music. That's what always defined sonic for me. Or at least the good parts of Sonic.

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I realised that. Although I never played that game. I just meant the kind of thrill of fast-paced smooth-flowing action mixed with cool music. That's what always defined sonic for me. Or at least the good parts of Sonic.

So the title screens, then

I actually liked Sonic Generations and Unleashed

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

Generations,Colors and Lost World all great games. Unleashed...ouch that game is awful well at least 50% of it it awful. Good music tho.

NiGHTS is great I have it on Saturn but you can pick up the HD version on PSN and maybe XBL? Screw the Wii one.

Yuji Naka responsible for this game as well. Saturn never got a proper Sonic game but we got this in it's place along with the 3D controller. The Sonic Xtreme is a lot like Lost World. Thank's to Assembler can play it now.

#18 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

This just got reviewed in Famitsu. Not the best scores:

Rodea: The Sky Soldier (Wii U/3DS) – 8/7/8/7

Bear in mind, they do tend to score quite highly. I'm guessing this'll translate to around 70% on metacritic, but we'll have to see.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

Who cares about metacritic? Just unqualified morons who don't know how to review seriously most of them know nothing of gaming and are just as qualified as a Gamestop Clerk. Numbered reviews are a joke and worthless just as Metacritic. Famitsu has been crap for years now. Never undertsand how people let a worthless number from someone they don't know decide their opinion for them.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

Who cares about metacritic? Just unqualified morons who don't know how to review seriously most of them know nothing of gaming and are just as qualified as a Gamestop Clerk. Numbered reviews are a joke and worthless just as Metacritic. Famitsu has been crap for years now. Never undertsand how people let a worthless number from someone they don't know decide their opinion for them.

Nintendo.... lol. slight jab to ya

At an investor's meeting today, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata talked a lot about how great Nintendo's Metacritic scores are—even going as far as to brag that Nintendo's current releases have higher Metacritic numbers than Sony's or Microsoft's.

With that said, I agree though for the most part with Ryudo. Reviews and review scores are fine but no one should ever let that be a determining factor on whether they can truly enjoy a game. I have a feeling Rodea is going to be one of the hidden gems once this generation is over. When youtuber's compile their lists... you are going to see this game brought up again and again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!