No sig.

#23 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

Just been playing it pretty good :)

I think i will have to maybe change the sensitivity when the full game is out though.

#24 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

Dont know but is this how betas usually work. I thought they were more open for hours, days, or weeks... not three different one hour slots? Anyway I am loving this new mk8 DLC... way better than the first one to me.

Since nobody's answering you... This isn't really a beta in the same sense as the games you're talking about. This is a stress test for Nintendo's servers, so they chose small windows of time to make sure everybody is on at once. Normal beta tests are for finding bugs, glitches and balance issues. Nintendo has already worked that stuff out, apparently.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#25 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

Splatter Jr op

No, its secondary and special have good synergy very well.  roller with the ink balloon grenade would likely have good synergy too.  The charger is still hard to use, and you need aim to use it well. Fairly easily to dominate the default roller with it though. 

worth mentioning the normal splattershot secondary/and special don't benefit it near as much, think it kills a little faster and has more range though.

#26 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

What I played of it was fun, but I do have some issues that I feel need to be addressed, as they do bring the experience down for me, and I'm sure plenty of other people as well. Please don't misterpret this as "I hate the game" or "The game sux", "The game's not fun", etc. I'm not saying anything like that. It has a lot of potential, and I want to see it do well as much as anyone else.

• Roller is OP - The Roller seems like it  would fit far better in a supportive role. Those using this weapon are able to take ground for their team, while their teammates are able to cover them from behind. So far it seems that the only attack this weapon has is coming into contact with an enemy player. The problem is that the weapon is far too fast. A player is able to cover a large area of ground with this weapon in a very short amount of time, and in addition to this they're also able to close the distance on an enemy player with relative ease.

Yes, enemy players can back up and fire on them, but a player's speed is greatly reduced when backing away, which only helps to give the Roller more time to close the distance. I would suggest reducing the Roller's speed, and possibly reducing its damage ever so slightly, to not only balance it out, but help it further fit into a more supportive roll.

• Weapon Switching - Unless I'm mistaken, you're unable to switch between the four available weapons during a match. Now, I'm not asking that you have all four available at any given time, but allowing players to switch to another upon death would be of great benefit. I don't believe you're able to tell who is on your team until a match begins, and in addition to that, you're unable to see who is going to pick what before the match begins. I feel this will lead to many situations where a team loses just because they chose the "wrong" weapon before the match began, and are unable to counter whatever loadouts their opponents are using. It's not exactly fair.

• No Voice Chat - Now, let me start off by saying that I understand why they didn't want to include voice chat. I understand that they want there to be a safe, clean environment for players online, and don't want anyone being mean, rude, nasty, or offensive towards one another. However, Splatoon is a team-based game. Teamwork in a team-based game is, obviously, essential. Being able to communicatewith their teammates, develop strategies, and call out enemy locations and important choke points on the map are vital, and a lack of in game voice chat support completely eliminates the ability for players to properly coordinate with one another. This is especially so when playing with random players, as matches can and will very likely become much too chaotic than they should be.

• Customising Controls & Misc. Settings -  Right now you're unable to adjust any settings during a match. This needs to be fixed. Players should be allowed to tweak all of their visual, audio, and control settings within the game. Finding the right aim sensitivity is especially important, because whether it's too slow or too quick, you'll have difficulty in not only shooting other players, but spraying over the exact spot you want in order to spread your turf. I think that the sensitivity options also need a bit of polishing up, as there didn't seem to be enough middle ground between super slow or super quick, but this could have been just me. Still, it should at least be looked into.

EDIT: There also does not seem to be an active kill feed aside from the squid icons at the top of the screen. The only indication that your teammate is in any danger is when they die, at which point an X appears over a faded version of their icon. This would not be as big a deal if you could properly communicate with your team, but as you cannot, this will only lead to frustration and confusion as players are unable to see where their team members are, unless they're within field of sight, and in the latter situation have no idea when they're in danger. If there is any other visual indicator within the hud, I've not seen it.

Edited by Bubblegum, 09 May 2015 - 02:07 PM.

4t1pzys.png

#27 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

• Roller is OP

After reading other people's views of the game and the roller, A lot of them are saying it's the "Little mac of Splatoon" Where it looks OP when you first play against them, but the more you play against them, the more you realize it has obvious flaws that can be exploited, for example if you hit someone with a roller, they are "Tagged" which means they slow down A LOT. Think of counterstrike, if you shoot a running target, they walk a lot slower than usual for a second. It's the same in splatoon, if you hit them once their speed decreases drastically and they're very slow, thus easy to walk backwards and kill. Another thing is that they can't get you if you're on high ground, if your standing on 1 box above them, they're powerless, even their shotgun thing may take 2 hits to kill you, but by then, if you have good aim, they're dead before they can hit you twice with the splashback/shake/shotgun thing. BUT Even with these flaws, in turf war they cover so much ground so quickly that they can easily turn the game to their teams favour in the last 20 seconds of a match if no one is stopping them. BUT again, turf war is the casual gamemode, once ranked games are open, the roller will by far be the worst weapon as they need to get inside the areas. but the shooters will most likely be on high ground thus easy to spot and kill rollers on the floor. So my thoughts is that they're like Little mac, an op weapon when you first look at it, but has flaws to make it balanced.

• Weapon Switching

I can see what you mean, if 1 team is filled with snipers and the other team has a mixture of guns, the team with a mixture of guns has won. no doubt. Hopefully in the actual game there's some way to know what weapons your team has before you start. although I have little faith.

• No Voice Chat

Honestly, I wasn't expecting voice chat to be useful in this game, but my god at one point in saltspray rig (the water level) had the enemy team locked out from the big area at the top of the map, stopping everyone from getting through and I just wish I could have said "Someone cover the big area and someone else stop them from coming behind me" or something along those lines, I had thought up a genuine tactic I could use but there was literally no way to tell my team-mates it.

• Customising Controls & Misc. Settings

I believe it'll be in the game, It'd be really odd if something as simple as changing settings mid game wasn't in the game. But then again it is Nintendo, I can't really think of a nintendo game where the pause button had a setting option, Mario games have resume and quit. Zelda only has the inventory... hmm, maybe there won't be an options there after all...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#28 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

So how do I download this demo? I can't find it in the eShop, do you have to pre-order the game first?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#29 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

The demo is over. It only had three one hour sessions.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#30 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

So how do I download this demo? I can't find it in the eShop, do you have to pre-order the game first?

The demo/beta/server stress test is over, unfortunately. 

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o1_r1_500.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

What I played of it was fun, but I do have some issues that I feel need to be addressed, as they do bring the experience down for me, and I'm sure plenty of other people as well. Please don't misterpret this as "I hate the game" or "The game sux", "The game's not fun", etc. I'm not saying anything like that. It has a lot of potential, and I want to see it do well as much as anyone else.

• Roller is OP - The Roller seems like it  would fit far better in a supportive role. Those using this weapon are able to take ground for their team, while their teammates are able to cover them from behind. So far it seems that the only attack this weapon has is coming into contact with an enemy player. The problem is that the weapon is far too fast. A player is able to cover a large area of ground with this weapon in a very short amount of time, and in addition to this they're also able to close the distance on an enemy player with relative ease.

Yes, enemy players can back up and fire on them, but a player's speed is greatly reduced when backing away, which only helps to give the Roller more time to close the distance. I would suggest reducing the Roller's speed, and possibly reducing its damage ever so slightly, to not only balance it out, but help it further fit into a more supportive roll.

• Weapon Switching - Unless I'm mistaken, you're unable to switch between the four available weapons during a match. Now, I'm not asking that you have all four available at any given time, but allowing players to switch to another upon death would be of great benefit. I don't believe you're able to tell who is on your team until a match begins, and in addition to that, you're unable to see who is going to pick what before the match begins. I feel this will lead to many situations where a team loses just because they chose the "wrong" weapon before the match began, and are unable to counter whatever loadouts their opponents are using. It's not exactly fair.

• No Voice Chat - Now, let me start off by saying that I understand why they didn't want to include voice chat. I understand that they want there to be a safe, clean environment for players online, and don't want anyone being mean, rude, nasty, or offensive towards one another. However, Splatoon is a team-based game. Teamwork in a team-based game is, obviously, essential. Being able to communicatewith their teammates, develop strategies, and call out enemy locations and important choke points on the map are vital, and a lack of in game voice chat support completely eliminates the ability for players to properly coordinate with one another. This is especially so when playing with random players, as matches can and will very likely become much too chaotic than they should be.

• Customising Controls & Misc. Settings -  Right now you're unable to adjust any settings during a match. This needs to be fixed. Players should be allowed to tweak all of their visual, audio, and control settings within the game. Finding the right aim sensitivity is especially important, because whether it's too slow or too quick, you'll have difficulty in not only shooting other players, but spraying over the exact spot you want in order to spread your turf. I think that the sensitivity options also need a bit of polishing up, as there didn't seem to be enough middle ground between super slow or super quick, but this could have been just me. Still, it should at least be looked into.

EDIT: There also does not seem to be an active kill feed aside from the squid icons at the top of the screen. The only indication that your teammate is in any danger is when they die, at which point an X appears over a faded version of their icon. This would not be as big a deal if you could properly communicate with your team, but as you cannot, this will only lead to frustration and confusion as players are unable to see where their team members are, unless they're within field of sight, and in the latter situation have no idea when they're in danger. If there is any other visual indicator within the hud, I've not seen it.

1. Roller is Not OP. It is by far the easiest weapon to use, but it has many shortcommings which moves it to a support role. Most, if not all, other weapons will kill the roller before they can reach the other player, unless you can sneak up on them. Your sneaking options will usually lack the squid except for retreat, as rollers will normally be used to claim land, meaning there is unlikely to be plenty of pre-claimed land to use to sneak up on people. In the end, the roller is used primarly to take claims, and preferably avoid combat unless you have the jump on your opponent.  I doubt the roller would be usefull in the king of the hill and future payload variant. 

2. You can't change weapons mid round. Though with 3 min rounds, that shouldn't be a big deal.  If they did best of 3, by default, then this would be a issue. 

3. The maps show many signs of careful design, though no voice chat does harm strategies. This would become a much larger issue in ranked games. If they allow 4v4 with premade teams, then the team would need to get voicechat through a outside source =/.

4.Nintendo rarely puts many option menu's, especially in-game. Hopefully they will atleast use something similar to the tutorial level to test out the settings. This game also doesn't appear to have aim-assist, which may be because Nintendo expected people to use gyro for precision aiming. I didn't have to much issues with aim, though I wasn't good enough with gyro to hit with the charger consistently. 

5. You have time before you respond where you can look at the map and choose who you shoot too. places of the map turning to the enemies color is a good indicator where the enemy team is. aka this can be made up for with good map awareness and reading the clues. It is also possible to jump away when in combat which can help greatly. 

#33 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

Managed to miss all of them. Wanted to play with my girlfriend but she came halfway through the first, then I was taking her home for the second round. Third round was 5AM today..

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#34 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

The demo/beta/server stress test is over, unfortunately. 

Aw... that sucks :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

#35 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

No, its secondary and special have good synergy very well.  roller with the ink balloon grenade would likely have good synergy too.  The charger is still hard to use, and you need aim to use it well. Fairly easily to dominate the default roller with it though. 

worth mentioning the normal splattershot secondary/and special don't benefit it near as much, think it kills a little faster and has more range though.

I wasn't being serious. It's good tho.

#36 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

Aw... that sucks :/

What sucks more is you now don't get the 10% off that you would have got if you participated in it :/

bi5tzqg.gif

#37 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

What sucks more is you now don't get the 10% off that you would have got if you participated in it :/

I wasn't really planning on buying it anyway, if I did though I wouldn't have gotten it digitally.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#38 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

I wasn't really planning on buying it anyway, if I did though I wouldn't have gotten it digitally.

I've been buying everything digitally recently. No point buying physically unless it's an old game and it has some good discounts because of that.

bi5tzqg.gif

#39 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

I've been buying everything digitally recently. No point buying physically unless it's an old game and it has some good discounts because of that.

I just like the novalty of it.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#40 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:36 PM

I just like the novalty of it.

I do like owning the game physically, but I find myself neglecting games that I have physically because I have to get up to change discs :P Damn, I'm lazy.

bi5tzqg.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!