70 replies to this topic

#21 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

It's 6 to 8 hours long? That's great, better than expected. Thanks for telling me that bubblegum.

#22 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Well they're free aren't they. You might as well complain about hyrule warriors content.

The fact that they're free is irrelevant. That isn't what you're paying $50 to $60 for. You're paying $50 to $60 for a MP focused game with only 5 MP maps and 2 MP modes. That is an abysmal amount of content for the mode they're selling the game on, that they have been focusing on and advertising the game on since day 1. This free content is not part of the game you're buying. The only MP content that is part of the game you're buying are those initial 5 maps and 2 modes. Anything else is entirely separate. Not part of that initial $50 to $60 entry fee.

4t1pzys.png

#23 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Hyrule Warriors charges like 20 dollars for dlc content that has even more content within the initial game lol.

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

How does a game with so little content get a 240 page strategy guide?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

I should also point out that the same people making this are the same people who made animal crossing games and those Mii games (Wii sports, Wii music, Nintendo land etc). They have no experiance in a game of this type before. It's the first time they're making a non casual game. So there will be flaws, which will eventually get fixed as time passes.

How does a game with so little content get a 240 page strategy guide?

Spoiler

probably like this

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#26 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hyrule Warriors charges like 20 dollars for dlc content that has even more content within the initial game lol.

The $20 is when you buy all of the DLC in one bundle. Were you to buy everything separately it would be around $27 dollars, so you're at least saving $7.00 then. I'm not sure just how many characters and skins, as well as levels, the base game shipped with. If someone could please let me know, I would greatly appreciate that. It's also important to know the average length of the game as well, and any additional content, as to my knowledge Hyrule Warriors is a singleplayer focused game.

4t1pzys.png

#27 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

There's about the same if not more content in it's dlc than there is in the initial release, which is a joke in my opinion. Mario kart 8 looks to be heading in that direction too.  

#28 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

I should also point out that the same people making this are the same people who made animal crossing games and those Mii games (Wii sports, Wii music, Nintendo land etc). They have no experiance in a game of this type before. It's the first time they're making a non casual game. So there will be flaws, which will eventually get fixed as time passes.

That still isn't any excuse. They're a part of Nintendo. Nintendo is more than capable of sending out more people to give a helping hand. It is also Nintendo that decides when to ship the game, and they again are more than capable of delaying the game to give these people the time they need to ready the other maps and modes for inclusion in the base game.

They've no issue with delaying games, as evidenced by their delaying the new Zelda from 2015 to 2016. Why would they not do the same with a brand new IP like Splatoon? One that doesn't have the brand recognition that Zelda does. This seems either like a case of laziness, stubbornness, or maybe a combination of the two, and I find it disrespectful towards the consumer to charge so much for a MP focused game when your MP offers so very little in terms of content.

4t1pzys.png

#29 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

The $20 is when you buy all of the DLC in one bundle. Were you to buy everything separately it would be around $27 dollars, so you're at least saving $7.00 then. I'm not sure just how many characters and skins, as well as levels, the base game shipped with. If someone could please let me know, I would greatly appreciate that. It's also important to know the average length of the game as well, and any additional content, as to my knowledge Hyrule Warriors is a singleplayer focused game.

The story itself takes around 12 hours to complete, 7 hours if you're rushing through.

#30 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

There's about the same if not more content in it's dlc than there is in the initial release, which is a joke in my opinion. Mario kart 8 looks to be heading in that direction too.  

Mario Kart 8 is MP focused, but it included 32 maps and 3 or 4 game modes with its initial release, where as Splatoon is MP focused and, though it's charging the same price, it includes only a fraction of that. That's the difference here.

4t1pzys.png

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

You keep throwing single player under the bus, like it isn't even in the game.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

The story itself takes around 12 hours to complete, 7 hours if you're rushing through.

So around a 12 hour story with multiple characters, costumes, and other content to unlock in the base game? That sounds a bit more reasonable, depending on how many characters, costumes, and other content there was in the base game.

4t1pzys.png

#33 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

They've no issue with delaying games, as evidenced by their delaying the new Zelda from 2015 to 2016. Why would they not do the same with a brand new IP like Splatoon? One that doesn't have the brand recognition that Zelda does. This seems either like a case of laziness, stubbornness, or maybe a combination of the two, and I find it disrespectful towards the consumer to charge so much for a MP focused game when your MP offers so very little in terms of content.

Again, you can't compare Zelda to Splatoon, all Splatoon lacks is maps which can be added any time after it's release, Since they can easily just keep playing the maps they have now. Zelda has a progressive story which CANNOT be paused because the dungeon hasn't been made yet. It completly haults the players experiance and stops them from doing anything else in the game, they will literally not be able to do anything until an update appears, compare that to splatoon where they have an entire single player to go through (again, 8 hours of content right there, a lot more hours if you count amiibo's), aswell as the multiplayer which you can already play without any bugs or glitches or anything broken, just less maps, Which again will get a ton more when time passes, There's no need to not allow players to not play the game because that 6th/7th/8th map isn't complete. Just play it now, give them it later. Heck it even gives them a reason to play splatoon again if they get bored after the first month.

#34 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

You keep throwing single player under the bus, like it isn't even in the game.

No I'm not. I've already acknowledged that there is a single player. That isn't the point. The game is focused on, sold on, advertised on the MP first and foremost. That is their main reason for you to pick it up. That is why I find it unacceptable for them to charge $50 to $60 when the main focus of their game offers so little. That there is a single player is good, but it isn't the focus of the game. It's not what they're trying most to sell you on.

4t1pzys.png

#35 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

You haven't played HW Bubblegum, so you wouldn't understand.

But hey its been fun talking about this, I apologize for being rude.

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

No I'm not. I've already acknowledged that there is a single player. That isn't the point. The game is focused on, sold on, advertised on the MP first and foremost. That is their main reason for you to pick it up. That is why I find it unacceptable for them to charge $50 to $60 when the main focus of their game offers so little. That there is a single player is good, but it isn't the focus of the game. It's not what they're trying most to sell you on.

Actually, i know quite a few people who wouldn't be picking this game up if it didn't have SP.  If you don't like the price for what you get, that is on you and i would recommend contacting Nintendo or hitting up MiiVerse. Other than that, there is not really much else to be said.

#37 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

Again, you can't compare Zelda to Splatoon, all Splatoon lacks is maps which can be added any time after it's release, Since they can easily just keep playing the maps they have now. Zelda has a progressive story which CANNOT be paused because the dungeon hasn't been made yet. It completly haults the players experiance and stops them from doing anything else in the game, they will literally not be able to do anything until an update appears, compare that to splatoon where they have an entire single player to go through (again, 8 hours of content right there, a lot more hours if you count amiibo's), aswell as the multiplayer which you can already play without any bugs or glitches or anything broken, just less maps, Which again will get a ton more when time passes, There's no need to not allow players to not play the game because that 6th/7th/8th map isn't complete. Just play it now, give them it later. Heck it even gives them a reason to play splatoon again if they get bored after the first month.

It lacks maps and game modes. That they can be added later is not the point. It does not matter that they can add maps and modes later. What matters is that they're selling a MP focused game with an astonishingly bare bones amount of content to that main mode.

I'm not defending any mistakes Hyrule Warriors has made, so please don't take what I've said in such a way.

4t1pzys.png

#38 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

So around a 12 hour story with multiple characters, costumes, and other content to unlock in the base game? That sounds a bit more reasonable, depending on how many characters, costumes, and other content there was in the base game.

Splatoon with 8 hours, 2 customizable characters, extra gear/equipment to unlock AND it's cheaper! Even more content with amiibo. You also don't unlock costumes in Hyrule warriors, you buy them with real money.

Mario Kart 8 is MP focused, but it included 32 maps and 3 or 4 game modes with its initial release, where as Splatoon is MP focused and, though it's charging the same price, it includes only a fraction of that. That's the difference here.

This is splatoons first game, Mario Kart has had 8 games so they know what they're doing with it, and 16 of those courses are just past courses with extra graphics and tweaks. Splatoon has no past games to copy maps off. Nor did they know how to create splatoon or what to base it off. Giving them even less time for content, which comes out later anyway

#39 Jenni

Jenni

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

Actually, i know quite a few people who wouldn't be picking this game up if it didn't have SP.  If you don't like the price for what you get, that is on you and i would recommend contacting Nintendo or hitting up MiiVerse. Other than that, there is not really much else to be said.

Again, this is not the point. The point is that their multiplayer focused game offers very, very little for said multiplayer. The mode they have been advertising the game, the game's main selling point, has always been its multiplayer. So it makes no sense at all to charge so much when you're offering so little for the main focus of your game. I don't find it to be acceptable, especially with games both in the past and present offering more, and I even find it to be disrespectful towards the consumer, especially with them asking you to pre-purchase the game all over the demo.

4t1pzys.png

#40 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

I got a solution for Bubble, wait until the free content is released, then purchase the download in eshop. Then you will be getting the "entire" game for the same price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!