♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

@Bill Cipher

I bought my Wii U this past April, and it was only because there were finally enough games for it that I wanted. I do not purchase a new console unless there are plenty of new games for it that I want to play.

When I purchase a game, I except the base game, which is what I am putting money down for in the first place, to have enough content to justify the price. I do not buy games at full price, either, because no game to date has ever been worth a full $60 to me. It's fair enough if you pay more, but $50 to $60 is still asking a lot, and I expect a game to have a lot of worthwhile content on offer for such a steep price.

@MatrixChicken

When you buy Minecraft, you are buying the current version, and Minecraft's launcher allows you to go back to previous versions, so you are also buying the ability to play those as well.

In August, if you purchase Splatoon via disc, you are buying the version that is on that disc. If you buy it digitally, and the digital version has been pre-updated to the current version with new maps and modes, then that is what you are buying. If you have to update the game after purchasing it in order to get those new maps and modes, then no, those maps and modes are not part of the game you are buying. The same applies to a new version of the game.

You are buying the game in its current version and with whatever versions and content is included with the initial purchase. You are not purchasing future versions of future content, even if said versions and content are released for free.

I just said this in my previous response, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Hopefully now you understand.

Edited by Bubblegum, 25 May 2015 - 10:44 PM.

4t1pzys.png

#62 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

So with Minecraft, if you buy it now you're buying past versions and the current one.

So... If you buy the digital verson of splatoon in August? What are you paying for? The splatoon with the current version. It's simple, just buy the digital version in August.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#63 Jenni

Jenni

♡Starship Amazing Fangirl♡

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • NNID:CandiBunni
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name! (; A ;)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:19 PM

So with Minecraft, if you buy it now you're buying past versions and the current one.

So... If you buy the digital verson of splatoon in August? What are you paying for? The splatoon with the current version. It's simple, just buy the digital version in August.

I've explained this multiple times now.

"In August, if you purchase Splatoon via disc, you are buying the version that is on that disc. If you buy it digitally, and the digital version has been pre-updated to the current version with new maps and modes, then that is what you are buying. If you have to update the game after purchasing it in order to get those new maps and modes, then no, those maps and modes are not part of the game you are buying. The same applies to a new version of the game."

Even then, I still don't find it okay for Nintendo to charge $50 to $60 for the current version of the game and the amount of content it includes.

Edited by Bubblegum, 25 May 2015 - 11:23 PM.

4t1pzys.png

#64 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

Bubblegum you've said that numerous times already.

#65 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

So what you're saying is, in August, buying the digital version is actually better than the disc version because it comes with more maps and game modes?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#66 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

PB, I think it's clear that you just don't understand long term investing. You said that you waited until the Wii U had a large library before jumping in. No offense, but literally the only difference is that one event is in the past and another is in the future. You only see things as how they are now and seem to have difficulty viewing things how they were and will be. Yes Splatoon is a game with only 8 maps and Nintendo's (AAA gold credited) word that they are working on more maps that will be free of cost. It is not a gamble. If Nintendo was to hold off on launching the game until it had more maps in September, then it will still be exactly the same game in that point in time and beyond; but Nintendo will have missed the Summer School Break purchasing spree. I do believe that come August or whatever you will have either retracted your opinion or have gone through hoops to continue to support it. And on an unrelated note I currently fear for your credit rating.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#67 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people, started posting not knowing what it was and they'll continue posting in it forever just because...  :laugh:

giphy.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#68 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:40 AM

When you buy Minecraft, you are buying the current version, and Minecraft's launcher allows you to go back to previous versions, so you are also buying the ability to play those as well.

In August, if you purchase Splatoon via disc, you are buying the version that is on that disc. If you buy it digitally, and the digital version has been pre-updated to the current version with new maps and modes, then that is what you are buying. If you have to update the game after purchasing it in order to get those new maps and modes, then no, those maps and modes are not part of the game you are buying. The same applies to a new version of the game.

You are buying the game in its current version and with whatever versions and content is included with the initial purchase. You are not purchasing future versions of future content, even if said versions and content are released for free.

I just said this in my previous response, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Hopefully now you understand.

Yup, we all know that's what you're saying.

However, I just tested it, and eShop games come pre-updated. So if you download Splatoon in August, all the updates are part of that purchase.

You have to be so desperate to find a way to justify your initial claims if you can't just accept the facts.

"I still don't find it okay for Nintendo to charge $50 to $60 for the current version of the game and the amount of content it includes." And that's okay! That's totally your opinion, and you are entitled to said opinion. Nothing wrong there.

Also, I'd just like to say that, technically, with Minecraft, all you're buying is an active account. All versions of the game you download are separate from the original purchase, as they are not included in the initial download. I never thought anyone would buy a useless account for $20...

EDIT: One more thing to add... According to your logic, Smash 4 is a game where Diddy Kong is crazy OP and you can't send replays, custom stages or anything to other players. Driveclub, Battlefield 4 and Halo: Masterchief Collection are all broken games that don't work. The Xbox One is a console that you can't use without internet access at all times.

Edited by MatrixChicken, 26 May 2015 - 05:48 AM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#69 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:18 AM

Plus Team Fortress 2 would not be fun

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#70 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:22 AM

tl:dr

I'm just going to enjoy this game when it releases. It has funk,and you know what I LOVE funk! Why I love JSR. So while some Nitpick at it I will just be enjoying it.

#71 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hey bubble if they released a reprint with all the updates on-disc would you be happy?

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!