GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Lol, i was waiting for years now to play this game on my WiiU.... Great guys, another dev, i dont wanna support anymore on any system. Keep burning bridges with the Nintendo fanbase ;)

I remember Andy Tudor saying last year, that it was already running on WiiU at 25 fps with 5 cars and rain fx on....

Thing you have to remember is that nintendo gamers is not their primary business. Most devs whether they admit it or not could care less about losing Nintendo business. They know Sony and Microsoft gamers will be there with open arms and will support them until the end.

Well he wasn't lying, he didn't have anything anything to announce at the present time, did he have PLANS to announce something later on? Yes

Yeah guess thats one way to try and explain it. They were asked specifically about a new handheld announcement and he said no. A week later 3DSXL so it is what it is. I would just assume these guys work in the industry its not like they are getting there rumors from ign nintendo boards. I would assume if he says he heard a rumor its from a pretty reliable source.

Edited by GAMER1984, 25 May 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#22 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Maybe they should ask Shi'en for help, lol

Stupid Snowmads!

#23 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

I would just assume these guys work in the industry its not like they are getting there rumors from ign nintendo boards. I would assume if he says he heard a rumor its from a pretty reliable source.

On the other hand, about halfway through us finishing, Nintendo might announce a new console (I have zero knowledge on this BTW but I’ve heard ‘rumours’ - goof from Project Cars

Maybe they should get their info from the IGN boards, then at least they would know Nintendo just stated recently that e3 will contain nothing about NX or mobile games. It is apparent they haven't touched the Wii U version for a long time and have been out of the Nintendo "loop" for the same period. Makes sense considering we went from a solid 25 fps regarding the Wii U version quite a while back, to this news of them having trouble and only getting about 23fps. Someone is talking out of their bung hole @ PC.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Maybe they should get their info from the IGN boards, then at least they would know Nintendo just stated recently that e3 will contain nothing about NX or mobile games. It is apparent they haven't touched the Wii U version for a long time and have been out of the Nintendo "loop" for the same period. Makes sense considering we went from a solid 25 fps regarding the Wii U version quite a while back, to this news of them having trouble and only getting about 23fps. Someone is talking out of their bung hole @ PC.

Maybe so we will see what happens either way hopefully FRN or 90's racing will fill gaps for me. I dont care about lack of support anymore. I buy the good games that come to Wii U. Im good.

#25 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Shokio put up a video about this. Worth checking out

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#26 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

Watched the above video he made some decent points. There is so much wrong with Nintendo and the 3rd aprty situation that it would require its own thread. I don't feel like talking about the truth and basically on this site being assassinated for it. But any way here is an update from the developer on project Cars Wii U.

http://gamingbolt.co...etails-and-more

"Bell also followed up on his recent statements on the Wii U version which is currently struggling to reach 30 fps at 720p. Bell revealed that they are not allowed to release a game that is running below 30FPS, but finding that extra 25% frame time is currently looking impossible. To give an example, Bell stated that the new tyre model alone is using two cores on the PS4 and Xbox One and the Wii U version only has 2 cores available from the start up"

#27 Chronos21

Chronos21

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

This statement isn't correct. Ian Bell said that the new tyre engine is too demanding and unefficient. Its not the issue of WiiU's CPU. And Espresso has 3 cores...

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

Regardless, we still haven't given up on the WiiU version, we are though looking to see if it makes more sense to move it to new Nintendo hardware, just as we did with Xbox and Playstation, to get the framerates up.

To move above 23 or so FPS we would need to cut the graphics back substantially, remove weather and dynamic time of day and use an earlier tyre model (not Seta). This is a simple hardware reality we can not avoid.

And yes, I remember the survey, that's the only reason we haven't given up yet. Having said that, I don't want a sub par version of pCARS out there

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:47 AM

Not sure why anyone here even cares. It's not a racing game. It's a game 90% of the people would hate. Just because people think it's a racing game. It's not. It's a game that is niche within it's own genre. It's a pure sim. It's not Forza or Driveclub or Mario Kart or Need For Speed. Think of it like this. Let's say you like Final Fantasy or Xenoblade or Bravely Default then you pick up Etrian Odessey and expect it to be the same. That's what you are in for. A very rude awakening. Unless you are deeply deeply involved with a serious passion for cars and know every part every function on a car then that game is not for you. You have to worry about crap like pressure on the tires and breaks when turning and a lot of micro managing like that.

To really drill the point home here.

You think you are getting the game and in for this.

qkiZk6j.jpg

What you are really in for is this.(Yes it's an airplane cockpit but the many little things you need to worry about is the point)

I8Ji7FL.jpg

Any Racing Sim person will not play one on a  console. EVER.

Edited by Ryudo, 27 May 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#30 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

Its to bad that they are considering NX when clearly this console wont be out this or next year, if they dont want to put so much effort in squeezing the Wii U specific features(fixed shaders most likely) there are other approaches they can take

Use SMAA isntead of MSAA or EQAA

1.-If THEY by chance are using MSAA or maybe EQAA like the ps4 and xbox one, they can replace it with SMAA which gives similar results to MSAA with less strain improving performance and doesnt blur as much as FXAA and can be used as a post-processing antialaising solution http://www.tweakguid.../Crysis3_6.html

Occlusion Culling may also be of big help:

Try Occlussion Culling

2.-Occlusion Culling is a feature that disables rendering of objects when they are not currently seen by the camera because they are obscured by other objects. This does not happen automatically in 3D computer graphics since most of the time objects farthest away from the camera are drawn first and closer objects are drawn over the top of them (this is called “overdraw”). Occlusion Culling is different from Frustum Culling. Frustum Culling only disables the renderers for objects that are outside the camera’s viewing area but does not disable anything hidden from view by overdraw. Note that when you use Occlusion Culling you will still benefit from Frustum Culling.

http://docs.unity3d....ionCulling.html
http://http.develope...ugems_ch29.html

3.-Some adjustments on the LOD(level of detail) for renders that are far away is also an option.

Try out a variable framebuffer so that resolution will change instead of the framerate (Wipe Out HD did this)

4.-Another approach is to use a variable resolution/framebuffer so that resolution will change isntead of the framerate during the gameplay, this way whenever there would be fps peaks the resolution will change isntead. This trick was used in Wipe Out HD for the ps3 tokeep the 60fps at variable 1080p(resolution could go as low as 1440×1080 certain times) and tricked many as is not very noticeable in race games http://www.eurogamer...sleight-of-hand

A, i almost forgot this other solution(reduces the number of draw calls)

http://docs.unity3d....llBatching.html

"

Draw Call Batching

To draw an object on the screen, the engine has to issue a draw call to the graphics API (e.g. OpenGL or Direct3D). The graphics API does significant work for every draw call, causing performance overhead on the CPU side.

Unity can combine a number of objects at runtime and draws them together with a single draw call. This operation is called “batching”. The more objects Unity can batch together, the better rendering performance (on the CPU side) you can get.

Built-in batching support in Unity has significant benefit over simply combining geometry in the modeling tool (or using theCombineChildren script from the Standard Assets package). Batching in Unity happens after the visibility determination step. The engine does culling on each object individually, and the amount of rendered geometry is going to be the same as without batching. Combining geometry in the modeling tool, on the other hand, prevents efficient culling and results in a much greater amount of geometry being rendered.

Static Batching

Static batching, on the other hand, allows the engine to reduce draw calls for geometry of any size (provided it does not move and shares the same material). Static batching is significantly more efficient than dynamic batching. You should choose static batching as it will require less CPU power.

"

Edited by megafenix, 28 May 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#31 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

well I am over it. would have been cool to play some thing different like this on a Nintendo home console. lots of things need to change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!