• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

From http://wiiudaily.com...erfeit-amiibos/

amiibo-counterfeit-640x360.jpg?44d51a

It usually doesn’t take long before someone counterfeits popular items for a quick profit. But it took longer for counterfeiters to forge Nintendo’s Amiibo figures, mainly because of the added complexity of having the NFC technology.

But they’re finally here: counterfeit Amiibos have been spotted in the wild at various online stores (we won’t link to them here). The counterfeit Amiibos appear very close to the authentic Nintendo creations, but upon closer inspection, there are clear differences between the real ones and the fake ones.

Right now, a 4-pack of counterfeit Amiibos, including Mario, Link , Pikachu, and Samus, can be purchased online for about $24 — half the price of the authentic ones

counterfeit-amiibo-samus-640x360.jpg?44d

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

Really hope parents won't fall for it, but they are nice copies, and un-suspecting people have been fooled with less. I might bite though on some rarer ones (if available) for looks. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

The only way you can really know if you look a the box or actually get to look at them up close...

Though, this makes me scared to think that there could be ones out that have identical boxes as well D:

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!